X Factor

Judge Sets Bail at $150,000 for Shooter in Trayvon Martin Case

153 posts in this topic

I don't think Z will be standing his ground for a very long time.

good.gif Paybacks a ######.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Yup. Especially after this new pic was released today.

http://maroonedinmar...-zimmerman.html

Scalp cuts bleed a lot , that proves very little , he probably bumped his head in the scuffle.

If he isn't allowed to be armed, what's he going to stand his ground with?

What was Trayvon armed with? Skittles.

Buddha.

Zimmerman will be safe if he moves up here to Alaska. He will be able to pack guns without a permit. That and I doubt anyone up here will bother him.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Zimmerman will be safe if he moves up here to Alaska. He will be able to pack guns without a permit. That and I doubt anyone up here will bother him.

He could go to Vermont too. You guys can have him.

Buddha.

He could go to Vermont too. You guys can have him.

Vermont has too many libs. I think he will fit in much better up here. That and we have more guns per capita than anywhere else.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline
If he isn't allowed to be armed, what's he going to stand his ground with?

Not being allowed to be armed and not being armed are two different things, no? After all, Z admitted in court today that he did not know whether M was armed. Knowing that the person you're afraid might cause you harm or death is armed does not seem to matter when claiming stand your ground. While not knowing whether Z is armed, everyone does know that he killed before. Thus, one can reasonably be afraid for one's safety when encountering him. And being reasonably afraid gives you the right to kill down here in sunny FL. That's the essence of Z's defense.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Not being allowed to be armed and not being armed are two different things, no? After all, Z admitted in court today that he did not know whether M was armed. Knowing that the person you're afraid might cause you harm or death is armed does not seem to matter when claiming stand your ground. While not knowing whether Z is armed, everyone does know that he killed before. Thus, one can reasonably be afraid for one's safety when encountering him. And being reasonably afraid gives you the right to kill down here in sunny FL. That's the essence of Z's defense.

Uggg...let me spell it out as a summary of my posts regarding this.

1. Zimmerman has been shown to the public to be weak in a struggle.

2. Zimmerman is out on bail and cannot be armed - the public knows this.

Conclusion - Zimmerman is not a threat.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

exactly the point. otherwise, grandma could be beaten to death by a meth addict because he wasn't armed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Isn't it innocent until guilty? They (the prosecution) need to prove he had no reasonable fear etc and they need to prove he caused the attack.

Not at all. Self-defense is an affirmative defense. The defendant has to show by a preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not) that the conditions requiring the use of deadly force were present at the time deadly force was used.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Not at all. Self-defense is an affirmative defense. The defendant has to show by a preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not) that the conditions requiring the use of deadly force were present at the time deadly force was used.

Ok makes sense, as long there is no evidence to the contrary it will generally hold up.

...just checked - he needs to present a reasonable case but needs not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Edited by Sousuke

Ok makes sense, as long there is no evidence to the contrary it will generally hold up.

...just checked - he needs to present a reasonable case but needs not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

The standard is, "Would a reasonable person believe..."

In this case, would a reasonable person think that Zimmerman's struggles with Martin had reached a point where his life was threatened? Further, would a reasonable person think that Martin had become the aggressor, not that Martin was only using the force necessary to either defend himself, or escape Zimmerman?

Both those issues will not be determined by a jury, but rather by a judge before it goes to trial.

The homicide was admitted by Zimmerman. The means by which he killed Martin are known. The only questions in this case are, "Why did you kill Martin?" and "Can you prove it?" If Zimmerman loses the self-defense motion, he have to find another answer to the first question that the jury will believe.

Edited by ☼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

The standard is, "Would a reasonable person believe..."

In this case, would a reasonable person think that Zimmerman's struggles with Martin had reached a point where his life was threatened? Further, would a reasonable person think that Martin had become the aggressor, not that Martin was only using the force necessary to either defend himself, or escape Zimmerman?

Both those issues will not be determined by a jury, but rather by a judge before it goes to trial.

The homicide was admitted by Zimmerman. The means by which he killed Martin are known. The only questions in this case are, "Why did you kill Martin?" and "Can you prove it?" If Zimmerman loses the self-defense motion, he have to find another answer to the first questions that the jury will believe.

The standard is, "What events led up to you murdering a child"

The answer in this situation is: "I was a delusional neighborhood watch paranoid maniac with a gun....Calling the police at any given second for suspicious activity. My history is calling 911 a gazillion times in the last 3 years. I saw a child with a hood on walking in his own neighborhood with candy and I called the police (in other words a VERY bad reason). The police were in route, the professionals were minutes away. I was told not to exit my SUV for safety reasons. I disobeyed law which was seconds away and took the law into my own hands. I chased the young boy down and caught him....The young boy kicked my behind and I got scared and murdered him. No biggie. I am open to watch your neighborhood if you have a vacancy. I have good references."

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Isn't it innocent until guilty? They (the prosecution) need to prove he had no reasonable fear etc and they need to prove he caused the attack.

It isn't quite like that for a situation where a person admits shooting an unarmed person and claims self defense. Also, I don't think the prosecution is going to paint Zimmerman as a cold blooded killer, but rather a trigger happy, paranoid, cop-wannabe, who picked a fight and retaliated with a gun.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

The standard is, "What events led up to you murdering a child"

The answer in this situation is: "I was a delusional neighborhood watch paranoid maniac with a gun....Calling the police at any given second for suspicious activity. My history is calling 911 a gazillion times in the last 3 years. I saw a child with a hood on walking in his own neighborhood with candy and I called the police (in other words a VERY bad reason). The police were in route, the professionals were minutes away. I was told not to exit my SUV for safety reasons. I disobeyed law which was seconds away and took the law into my own hands. I chased the young boy down and caught him....The young boy kicked my behind and I got scared and murdered him. No biggie. I am open to watch your neighborhood if you have a vacancy. I have good references."

The best analogy I've heard so far from a member of VJ. I agree totally!

Buddha.