Nilush

Plsss!!! Help NVC CASE complicated

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

To me, there is a big difference between not knowing an act is illegal versus knowing the it is illegal and going ahead.

A person who commit an illegal act without knowing that it is an illegal acts out of ignorance (lack of knowledge) rather than with an intent to break the law.

A person who knows that an act is illegal and know that it negatively affect other families acts out of selfish self-interest and with an intent to break the law.

These two people are not the same. The ignorant person has an innocent mind and does not know his act is illegal. The knowing person who knows his act would be illegal acts with the intent to break the law.

Filed: Timeline

Seriously Aaron, why are you being such a bully? :bonk: I see your point absolutely. My fiance's mother has been denied a visitor visa 3 or 4 times, in Peru, and it sucks thta because of other people abusing the system, she cannot come to visit. But this person is here looking for advise because quite possibly they just dont know. Lets try giving Nilush benefit of the doubt a little bit. I am currently in the process of getting the K-1 visa for my fiance so that he can come, we can get married and we can finally be together. But if it wasnt for Visa Journey I would not have been able to do half of what I have done so far. When I started the process I was completely uneducated about any of the laws, rules, forms, whatever you name it. Maybe now that, thanks to your knowledge and experience, :idea: Nilush has been informed about the legal and illegal rules and consequences they will do the correct thing.

In the words of Ellen: Be nice to one another :):pop:

I agree :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think Nilush's mother is too overbearing, and refuses to acknowledge that the laws apply to her. I feel bad for Nilush, now in the country on an overstay, because of an overbearing mother. It just isn't right. Parents should do all they can to protect their children's existence - and Nilush's mother instead is hardheaded to keep them at risk.

Some Day, the light will dawn on the Mother of Nilush, and she'll understand that she has put her children at risk. It's not happening this week, alas.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Dude are you serious??!! you are expressing something that is not what I think. If you go back to my replies I said 'if its not possible is not possible' so stop being mad, if you really care about people not getting their visas then relate to them and don't put them on the spot and give ur thoughts out for them because we all have enough dealing with PD and other requirements needed for everyone here to get a legal status and for some of us like me who really would like to go to school. It was really unnecessary for you to say all of that. I've had family with denied visas as well so seriously no need for all your anger to be released with me, I came here to look for advice and I found it and as I keep looking through other forums I get more acknowledge about immigration. So with that being said, no need to be upset.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Dude are you serious??!! you are expressing something that is not what I think. If you go back to my replies I said 'if its not possible is not possible' so stop being mad, if you really care about people not getting their visas then relate to them and don't put them on the spot and give ur thoughts out for them because we all have enough dealing with PD and other requirements needed for everyone here to get a legal status and for some of us like me who really would like to go to school. It was really unnecessary for you to say all of that. I've had family with denied visas as well so seriously no need for all your anger to be released with me, I came here to look for advice and I found it and as I keep looking through other forums I get more acknowledge about immigration. So with that being said, no need to be upset.

Aaron2020 does not understand or doesn't care that first of all, you came here legally. Secondly, that you continued with a life here which includes going to school and making roots/life here. It is not easy to just uproot yourself and go back as though you've been placed on a shelf until someone decides to move you.

Going back to Peru will involve a lot of work and strategizing especially for your mother on your behalf, so I do see why she's having a hard time letting you go back, while looking for options that may have you adjust status here.

Having said that, I do personally know a family that came here on visitors visas. It was a mother, a son and a daughter. Son and daughter were in high school. They all expired their visas for about 2 years. They were not eligible for 245i as this was way after. All I know is that they are now all legal. They did not go back to their country in order to correct their legallity. I will reach out to them and see what was involved. I do know they had a lawyer here in Dallas help with the process.

Edited by Gigli2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When your priority date becomes current one of the requirements to adjust status in the US is that you are currently on a valid status in the states not that you entered on a valid status. With the anti illegal feelings I would expect laws to tighten up not get looser. You are setting yourself and your mother up for heart break. If you are 20ish or older you will be looking at long wait to become current and exposing yourself to a high risk of deportation.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.