beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So when I received the NVC case #s and Invoice #s, I was able to see some information on the Immigrant Visa invoice payment center website. Now when I log in, its says :

You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information.

Does anyone know if this usally happens when I am about to get the next steps?

Thanks

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi kataandfreddy, i feel you,. My son's petition was approve last april 15, so now its been 1 month and 8 days, and yep i do same thing like you did, send a copy of the approval notice to nvcresearch, call uscis and call NVC every single day.lol.,and got the same response everyday!!!. Its really frustrating.!

Hi!

This is what I found, I hope its helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/278325-how-to-contact-senators-office-for-immigration-related-help/

It is a step by step guide on how to contact your Congressman for his/her intervention on your behalf. Please keep me posted on your results.

Praying for you,

Kata

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

So when I received the NVC case #s and Invoice #s, I was able to see some information on the Immigrant Visa invoice payment center website. Now when I log in, its says :

You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information.

Thanks

You are right. Give it a couple of days and try again.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks

Probably means they are invoicing you ... This is from the spouse NVC thread (FAQs, post #2):

Help! I can't sign into the payment portal. Why?

If you're getting an error message ("Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time…" or "This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted…" or "You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information."), do NOT panic. This is actually good news! If you just got your case number, then this message means NVC is inputting your case in their system. If you get this message a few days after case number generation, then it's a good possibility that NVC is invoicing your AOS bill. And if this message appears a few days after DS-3032 acceptance, then there's a good chance the IV bill is being invoiced.

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

update.....I can now pay the $88.00 aos fee.

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

Timeline

update...electronically filed DS-231 for both kids. Guess I am waiting on the AOS to show as paid, and then Submit the I-864 package.

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

This is what I found, I hope its helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/278325-how-to-contact-senators-office-for-immigration-related-help/

It is a step by step guide on how to contact your Congressman for his/her intervention on your behalf. Please keep me posted on your results.

Praying for you,

Kata

Thanks for the link, call Nvc again today, and still they dnt recieve the file.!

Good luck to you too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for the link, call Nvc again today, and still they dnt recieve the file.!

Good luck to you too.

I hear you. I did the same. They told me to send the scanned NOA to the research e-mail -yet again-! I spoke to my son. We are going to give it 8 days, if we don't have a case number by then, we're gonna contact our Senator.

I'll keep you posted ;)

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

received Aos/choice of agent packet in the mail. Getting ready to send the AOS package. Does anyone know if NVC wants ALL pages of I864 ? We are not requiring anyone else to report income, so do we need those pages ?

thanks

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Trying to join this group.....hey y'all....Im the USC, my wife is in the ROC phase of her process. We have our own little baby girl and she has her son, my step son, living with her parents in the Philippines. He is 4.

We've filed the 130 for my step son and its in the second phase currently.

With the birth of our daughter about a month ago, we are a bit behind on current reading for my step son and the process as it looks like he will be an IR2 visa? I was reading a linke supplied to me last night and it stated that the interview and medical is scheduled HERE via the USCIS office and they are the ones that contact the offices in Manila and St Lukes....I've never heard of this before, can this be accurate info?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I'm Mike . a new VJ member! I have been following this thread for a couple weeks and have decided to join because you guys seem to be kind hearted and that's what I need as I go through NVC and the USA embassy in Jamaica! I need your help! I am 19 years and currently at the NVC stage for my IR2 visa, first let me tell you my story! I have been living with my dad and step mom since I was 1 year old because 10 days after I was born my biological mother went into coma and later died when I was about 4 or 5 years. My step mom has been one of the best mom's ever, she treats me like I'm the only one and she has three of her own! In 2001 I got my 10 year visa when my dad filed the paper work for me, it was renewed in 2011, he was at the interview in both cases since as I was under age. My step mom migrated to the USA in 2007 and I spent 4 months with her in Dec 2011- April 2012. Earlier this year she got naturalized and she filed for me!

Question A : I don't want to do the DNA because it's time consuming, plus it's a lot of money! Do you think base on my situation I will be requested to do a DNA ?

Also, it should be noted that on my Birth Certificate my dad's info was amended in 2000.

Questions B: What evidence can I bring to change their mind from asking for DNA ?

Question C: What are some of the questions I should be prepared to answer at the interview?

Thanks in advance guys for your reply!

Edited by Mikey876

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I was dropping by to see how everyone is doing. I've been reading through and it seems everyone is moving right along. It brings back so many anxious feelings for me. I always hated when people were finally done and disappeared. (although I know everyone is busy and wants to go back to a normal life once this is over) but this was totally my outlet while I was going through the process so if anyone has any questions that I might can answer please let me know. Good luck to everyone!

Just an update our 3 yr old has adjusted so well. Better than I could have ever expected. She has learned so much English it amazes me. She speaks mostly to me in English and what she says in Spanish I figure out :) She still talks to her mom in Honduras about twice a week and she speaks to her half English/ half Spanish. My husband has to get on the phone and translate sometimes. Anyway she is our little blessing and we are so happy to have her home with us.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Trying to join this group.....hey y'all....Im the USC, my wife is in the ROC phase of her process. We have our own little baby girl and she has her son, my step son, living with her parents in the Philippines. He is 4.

We've filed the 130 for my step son and its in the second phase currently.

With the birth of our daughter about a month ago, we are a bit behind on current reading for my step son and the process as it looks like he will be an IR2 visa? I was reading a linke supplied to me last night and it stated that the interview and medical is scheduled HERE via the USCIS office and they are the ones that contact the offices in Manila and St Lukes....I've never heard of this before, can this be accurate info?

Yep! Unless there is something specific to the Philippines (and there might be - esp about the medical - check in with either the Philippines regional forum or in the spouse monthly NVC thread, as the process is basically identical for IR-2/CR-2s as it is for IR-1/CR-1s), the NVC processes the documents you send with the visa application and they notify you of your interview date at the consulate. You schedule your own medical exam; usually you have to wait for the interview to be scheduled first but some countries let you schedule it before that.

Hi, I'm Mike . a new VJ member! I have been following this thread for a couple weeks and have decided to join because you guys seem to be kind hearted and that's what I need as I go through NVC and the USA embassy in Jamaica! I need your help! I am 19 years and currently at the NVC stage for my IR2 visa, first let me tell you my story! I have been living with my dad and step mom since I was 1 year old because 10 days after I was born my biological mother went into coma and later died when I was about 4 or 5 years. My step mom has been one of the best mom's ever, she treats me like I'm the only one and she has three of her own! In 2001 I got my 10 year visa when my dad filed the paper work for me, it was renewed in 2011, he was at the interview in both cases since as I was under age. My step mom migrated to the USA in 2007 and I spent 4 months with her in Dec 2011- April 2012. Earlier this year she got naturalized and she filed for me!

Question A : I don't want to do the DNA because it's time consuming, plus it's a lot of money! Do you think base on my situation I will be requested to do a DNA ?

Also, it should be noted that on my Birth Certificate my dad's info was amended in 2000.

Questions B: What evidence can I bring to change their mind from asking for DNA ?

Question C: What are some of the questions I should be prepared to answer at the interview?

Thanks in advance guys for your reply!

A. Nobody knows (our interview is in two days and we are worried about this as well). As someone pointed out in another thread, the fact that your father has already been to the embassy more than once representing you indicates that they already accept him as your father.

B. From what I have read, this is one situation where photos count for a lot! One person said the embassy told her if they had had even one photo of the kids with the dad, they wouldn't have asked for a DNA test. Gather up what you have for your entire life and present an assortment covering the entire time span [We have 20 so far, and my stepson has some additional from early childhood that he is bringing, so I think we will have around 30, presented chronologically in plastic sleeves to pass under the thick glass window]. Also you could bring other documents, such as school records or medical records, listing your father as your father... some people have mentioned bringing logs of Skype chats or phone bills or money wire receipts; anything to show an ongoing parental relationship.... don't know if any of those prove anything or not, but it doesn't hurt.

C.Don't know yet! Will report in after my stepson's interview Wednesday.

I was dropping by to see how everyone is doing. I've been reading through and it seems everyone is moving right along. It brings back so many anxious feelings for me. I always hated when people were finally done and disappeared. (although I know everyone is busy and wants to go back to a normal life once this is over) but this was totally my outlet while I was going through the process so if anyone has any questions that I might can answer please let me know. Good luck to everyone!

Just an update our 3 yr old has adjusted so well. Better than I could have ever expected. She has learned so much English it amazes me. She speaks mostly to me in English and what she says in Spanish I figure out smile.png She still talks to her mom in Honduras about twice a week and she speaks to her half English/ half Spanish. My husband has to get on the phone and translate sometimes. Anyway she is our little blessing and we are so happy to have her home with us.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! LOVE it! Especially the Spanglish part. She sounds like such a sweetie. I am jealous - my stepson is OLD (16) smile.png

Edited by SerenityNOW

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

just paid IV bill for both kids $230 x 2 kids

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My boys are home!!!!!!

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.