IndigoSkies

How to contact Senator’s office for immigration related help.

5 posts in this topic

So you have recently gotten married and you want to bring your foreign spouse to America or you want to bring a family member to the Promised Land. You have followed all the steps of filing for immigration benefits for family member; but, your petition has not been approved yet. Follow these steps to contact your Senator who will be able to help regarding your immigration.

Instructions

1. Before you begin, make sure you have your I130 case number and it has been at least five months since you applied. United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) estimates it currently takes 5 months to approve an I130 case.
  2. Go to United States Senate website by visiting http://www.senate.gov. On the upper right-hand corner of the page, select your state and click go.
  3. Pick one of the senators from the given list of two and click his or her link. It doesn’t matter which one you select. But as a general rule, you should select the one who is more famous.
  4. Once on your senator’s website, find a section that’s related to citizen’s service. Sometimes it’s listed under the Services menu.
  5. You will find a casework item under the services page. Go there and you will usually find a PDF or WORD document about privacy. Download it and fill out the form completely. Make sure you select the immigration since you want help with that.
  6. From your senator’s webpage, find the contact section. And you will find a list of office throughout your state. Pick the one closest to you and call that office. Ask to speak to someone who will help you with your immigration.
  7. Once connected to that person, explain your situation courteously ask if you could email the privacy release form. Email it or fax it. In your email or fax, ask to have your case researched to find out how long it will take and/or why it has taken so long.
  8. Wait a few days to hear back from the person. You should usually wait couple of business days at least. If you don’t hear anything back in few days, call the person again and remind them about your immigration issue.

Hopefully, you will find out more about why your case is taking longer than expected. You can take appropriate actions or set your expectation correct. Usually cases get approved after senator’s office contacts USCIS on your behalf.

Edited by IndigoSkies

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

So you have recently gotten married and you want to bring your foreign spouse to America or you want to bring a family member to the Promised Land. You have followed all the steps of filing for immigration benefits for family member; but, your petition has not been approved yet. Follow these steps to contact your Senator who will be able to help regarding your immigration.

Instructions

1. Before you begin, make sure you have your I130 case number and it has been at least five months since you applied. United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) estimates it currently takes 5 months to approve an I130 case.
  2. Go to United States Senate website by visiting http://www.senate.gov. On the upper right-hand corner of the page, select your state and click go.
  3. Pick one of the senators from the given list of two and click his or her link. It doesn’t matter which one you select. But as a general rule, you should select the one who is more famous.
  4. Once on your senator’s website, find a section that’s related to citizen’s service. Sometimes it’s listed under the Services menu.
  5. You will find a casework item under the services page. Go there and you will usually find a PDF or WORD document about privacy. Download it and fill out the form completely. Make sure you select the immigration since you want help with that.
  6. From your senator’s webpage, find the contact section. And you will find a list of office throughout your state. Pick the one closest to you and call that office. Ask to speak to someone who will help you with your immigration.
  7. Once connected to that person, explain your situation courteously ask if you could email the privacy release form. Email it or fax it. In your email or fax, ask to have your case researched to find out how long it will take and/or why it has taken so long.
  8. Wait a few days to hear back from the person. You should usually wait couple of business days at least. If you don’t hear anything back in few days, call the person again and remind them about your immigration issue.

Hopefully, you will find out more about why your case is taking longer than expected. You can take appropriate actions or set your expectation correct. Usually cases get approved after senator’s office contacts USCIS on your behalf.

I just called my senators office and his staff took it from there. They can't expedite but can fix delays if there's a reason other than a normal reason for such.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I just called my senators office and his staff took it from there. They can't expedite but can fix delays if there's a reason other than a normal reason for such.
They can find out why there's a delay and usually they can tell you almost 100% accurately when your case will be completed. If you've crossed the normal waiting time according to USCIS, then you should contact your Senators using the above steps.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my mother will petition for my 14 y/o brother when she gets her greencard in 1 month. And plan to follow the congressional steps if the process takes more than 5 months.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

5 posts split off to make their own topic - relocated posts can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/296169-can-i-ask-my-senator-for-help/

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.