Bhey

HELP!!!!!

35 posts in this topic

Mark & Fatima...good post. :thumbs:

If Ning thinks the U.S. Embassy Manila is difficult, I wonder how he/she would rate the MENA countries. :o

If Ning thinks the U.S. Embassy Manila is difficult, I wonder how he/she would rate the MENA countries. :o

Thanks, and yeah, you're not kidding! I'm thankful to be going through Manila instead of some of the other embassies I've read about. Of course now that I said that, I've probably doomed Fatima to a lengthy, difficult, interview! :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

She thinks they are the most difficult. So based on that it seems everyone dealing with Manila can just sit back & enjoy the ride . They dont need to worry about the Stokes interviews for example. I have seen many that had to endure that for example. They were terrified.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The most he can do is file if he is really wnating to try. It is up to the OP. Or he can wait until he accrues enough time to go see her, of the commander allows he leave to go see her. We do not know the circumstances. However, we do know that military personnel DO get different treatment from normal civilians applying and military personnel DO have special hotlines to call and talk with the USCIS regarding these matters. I would suggest the OP look into those hotlines and discuss with the those personnel as to his options. I do hope this is not a case of burning pants, or still being wet behind the ears.... But only the OP and the fiancee know for certain.

the reason I ask about money is because he needs to consider not only her, but the possibility of the fact it might be her plus a baby. Expecting the unexpected is the best way to plan just in case something pops up in the fish market......

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline
You have a different view than I do. We see from the responces there are different opinions about the O Ps question. You didnt offer info on the subject. What do you think they should do?

I have seen many questions here on V J about being granted a K 1 in the P I. Few are easy. Many have problems. All of them post questions here on VJ or we wouldnt know they needed help. From what I have seen it can be difficult.

Not a "different view" but actual experience at the Embassy in question for 3 CR/IR Visas (1 each CR-1, CR-2 & IR-2) and several friends that did K-1 through USEM (that would be US Embassy in Manila).

I would guess that you went through the Embassy in Thailand, what is your personal experience in Manila because Manila is very different from any other Embassy but in very specific ways and for being considered a High Fraud Embassy it really is relatively easy as long as your paperwork checks out. Contrary to your claim what you generally see is Filipino Fiancees worrying too much about tiny little things that won't matter or even be looked at when they have their interview. Usually when there is a denial (very small percentage of immigrant visas) then there are very obvious issues with the case.

As for the OP here, simply being in the military won't get him out of the meeting in person requirement.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not a "different view" but actual experience at the Embassy in question for 3 CR/IR Visas (1 each CR-1, CR-2 & IR-2) and several friends that did K-1 through USEM (that would be US Embassy in Manila).

I would guess that you went through the Embassy in Thailand, what is your personal experience in Manila because Manila is very different from any other Embassy but in very specific ways and for being considered a High Fraud Embassy it really is relatively easy as long as your paperwork checks out. Contrary to your claim what you generally see is Filipino Fiancees worrying too much about tiny little things that won't matter or even be looked at when they have their interview. Usually when there is a denial (very small percentage of immigrant visas) then there are very obvious issues with the case.

As for the OP here, simply being in the military won't get him out of the meeting in person requirement.

I dont have any more experiance in Manila than you do in Thailand. You dont have any direct K 1 experiance in Manila either. You do have some people you know that got K 1 s in Manila. So does my husband.

Manila like BKK is a high fraud embassy. That of course means cases are reviewed differently than other embassies not having that distiction. That means its more difficult to me. What exactly are the "very specifc ways" they differ?

I didnt say people would be denied. I said the process can be more difficult. How they fare is a product of the facts surrounding their case & how they are presented along with the discression of the officer.

You indicate the OP cant succeed. In this I agree with you. Other say he can. So again we have different views. We can see that some of those views come from people with direct USEM (that would be US Embassy in Manila) experiance.

The most he can do is file if he is really wnating to try. It is up to the OP. Or he can wait until he accrues enough time to go see her, of the commander allows he leave to go see her. We do not know the circumstances. However, we do know that military personnel DO get different treatment from normal civilians applying and military personnel DO have special hotlines to call and talk with the USCIS regarding these matters. I would suggest the OP look into those hotlines and discuss with the those personnel as to his options. I do hope this is not a case of burning pants, or still being wet behind the ears.... But only the OP and the fiancee know for certain.

the reason I ask about money is because he needs to consider not only her, but the possibility of the fact it might be her plus a baby. Expecting the unexpected is the best way to plan just in case something pops up in the fish market......

yes, we do know military get different treatment from normal civilians when it comes to expedited processing. as far as the wavier for meeting in person, are you just guessing? you bring up the financial aspect, yet suggest he go ahead and try, when he probably would be wasting $340.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am suggesting he talk to the hotline and see what advice the hotline gives him to do.... the big problem is the "burning pants" issue.... wiating is not hard, and she will wait for him if she is the right girl.

I am not saying he is wasting his money in trying, but his circumstance is unique. We can only guess what might or might not happen for him. Being in the military, and not being able to get a leave to go meet her does give him a special circumstance. Does this mean to grant him a waiver. I do not know. This is a question to be asked by USCIS regarding his situation. IF his commander will give him a letter stating he cannot go due to military needs and rquirements. That him going on leave is not acceptable for the base his is assigned to due ot needs, and that it would cause hardship on the base personnel. Then yes, he does stand a chanace. But this is between him and his commander. All I can say is he can or cannot try. It is up to him to decide what he wants to do. to him applying may not be wasting money, maybe he stands a snowball's chance in the sahara desert. Who are we to say he can or cannot be approved. It may be more difficult, but if his commander supports him, he has much more ability then us "normal" civilians.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

I am suggesting he talk to the hotline and see what advice the hotline gives him to do.... the big problem is the "burning pants" issue.... wiating is not hard, and she will wait for him if she is the right girl.

I am not saying he is wasting his money in trying, but his circumstance is unique. We can only guess what might or might not happen for him. Being in the military, and not being able to get a leave to go meet her does give him a special circumstance. Does this mean to grant him a waiver. I do not know. This is a question to be asked by USCIS regarding his situation. IF his commander will give him a letter stating he cannot go due to military needs and rquirements. That him going on leave is not acceptable for the base his is assigned to due ot needs, and that it would cause hardship on the base personnel. Then yes, he does stand a chanace. But this is between him and his commander. All I can say is he can or cannot try. It is up to him to decide what he wants to do. to him applying may not be wasting money, maybe he stands a snowball's chance in the sahara desert. Who are we to say he can or cannot be approved. It may be more difficult, but if his commander supports him, he has much more ability then us "normal" civilians.

one point that can be agreed upon, the best initial coarse of action would be for him to call the USCIS Military Hotline. the big problem is the "burning pants" issue? can't someone who has chatted for 4 months... or less... feel they've found the one they want to spend the rest of their life with?

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No. Its hard enough to qualify in the P I anyway. Forget the idea of reinventing the wheel. Follow the rules & procedures or be denied. Dont waste time & money on anything less.

You have a different view than I do. We see from the responces there are different opinions about the O Ps question. You didnt offer info on the subject. What do you think they should do?

I have seen many questions here on V J about being granted a K 1 in the P I. Few are easy. Many have problems. All of them post questions here on VJ or we wouldnt know they needed help. From what I have seen it can be difficult.

Your opinion of the Manila embassy being hard is really out of wack and isn't from experience with the Manila embassy ... truly the Manila embassy is not difficult... at all. Maybe comparing it to the UK it would be more difficult but as long as you have the required documents and bonafided proof of an ongoing relationship the embassy is a very good embassy.

As for offering the OP info or opinions... BASIC requirement starting at USCIS, before ever reaching the embassy is - HAVING MET WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS. Not being able to get leave to go to the Phils is not a hardship nor is there a "pass" just because he is military, so they should wait until he can get granted leave and follow the rules.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As for offering the OP info or opinions... BASIC requirement starting at USCIS, before ever reaching the embassy is - HAVING MET WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS. Not being able to get leave to go to the Phils is not a hardship nor is there a "pass" just because he is military, so they should wait until he can get granted leave and follow the rules.

:thumbs:i 101% agree to this! What's the rush? u haven't met in person yet.

She thinks they are the most difficult. So based on that it seems everyone dealing with Manila can just sit back & enjoy the ride . They dont need to worry about the Stokes interviews for example. I have seen many that had to endure that for example. They were terrified.

You've seen "many" Stokes interviews at the USEM? I haven't.

You can stop the drama now.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jeez! I guess my Fiancee and I had a stokes interview being they asked her questions and they asked me questions... then we all joked around and laughed... it was terrifying!!! :rofl:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have never seen the meeting requirement waiver because the petitioner is military.

If, say, the guy is stationed in IRAQ, they would simply tell him to wait the 9+ months until his deployment is over/ he gets leave (and all military is entitled to leave, just maybe not at this exact moment), then go see her. Now, if he has a military job where for security reasons he cannot leave the USA for several years, and she applied for a tourist visa and was denied, then they have a chance at the waiver.

Keep in mind the meeting waiver costs money and takes time, even in the very unlikely case it gets approved. It would be easier to use that money to meet, and likely quicker too, even if they have to wait a few months until he gets leave.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sound like antagonist but let's face it, we are often fooled by our own feelings. Why do u think America has a lot of divorce cases?

It's only an American thing? Are you being prejudice, because the last I checked the World divorce rate is up... Its because people are getting smart and taking a stand when their partner's start to change for the worse and don't follow the vows that they agreed to. WHy stay miserable in life when you can be happy?

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.