jade_arb

Can your Spouse go with you to the interview?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anybody knows if your spouse is allow to go with you to the interview... I mean not exactly pass to the interview room and be present when the interview is being done, but wait in the waiting area... my husband is taking the day off to go with me in case I have the same day Oath Ceremony but I don't even know if they will allow him to pass with me to the waiting area..

10/06 - Met online.

01/03/07 - Met in Person and started dating.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

01/05/08 - Got Married!!!

06/24/08 - Applied for I-130, I-485 and I765.

06/30/08 - Notice of Action

07/19/08 - Biometrics Appointment

08/26/08 - Received EAD card

12/29/08 - Letter interview date received in mail

02/23/09 - Interview date!!!----- APPROVED!!!

03/06/09 - Welcome letter in the mail.

03/13/09 - Green Card received in the mail!!

Removing Conditions

01/25/11 - Applied for I-751.

01/27/11 - I-797C, N.O.A issued

01/31/11 - Check cashed

02/04/11 - Received N.O.A

03/14/11 - Biometric appointment issued

03/19/11 - Biometric letter received in the mail

03/28/11 - Biometric appointment date.

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

06/27/11-Approval letter received

07/01/11- Green Card Received

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check the Embassy website about that or ask in the forum specific for your region. All Embassies or consulates don't operate alike - for example, in Tokyo, only the beneficiary can enter the Embassy, but in Manila, the petitioner can accompany his/her fiance(e).

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Check the Embassy website about that or ask in the forum specific for your region. All Embassies or consulates don't operate alike - for example, in Tokyo, only the beneficiary can enter the Embassy, but in Manila, the petitioner can accompany his/her fiance(e).

its an interview for N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did let me in for the AOS, but said stop at the waiting room for naturalization. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me with marriage because all of those documents also have my name on it, and in a far better position to explain it. Could have kicked me out for the civics and English test, even those personal questions, like were you ever a prostitute. Ha, if my ex was in there, would have insisted she say yes to that question. Was making me pay through the nose for what little sex with had.

Could have sworn under oath was living with my wife together, most miserable part of our lives was being kept apart by the USCIS for that year until they finally got around to doing the paper work. But no, couldn't take part in that at all, they just wanted to see my papers. Reminded me of Nazi Germany where we use to fight against ####### like that, but now have that here.

With inclimate weather, and being a nice guy, did drop my wife off at the front door to park the car. While she had to show her green card to get in, did let me in when I told security am with my wife and she is already in. They did let me in, never even wanted to see any form of identification. So at least got that far. Her IO wouldn't even return my, hello, how do you do. Had to pinch myself to make sure I was alive.

Just seems crazy to me with this marriage thing and all the proof they demand, and not want a darn thing to do with that spouse. So I waited on a folding chair starting at a portrait of GWB for a very long tense 45 minutes. Seemed almost as long as that year the USCIS made us wait before we could finally be together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does anybody knows if your spouse is allow to go with you to the interview... I mean not exactly pass to the interview room and be present when the interview is being done, but wait in the waiting area... my husband is taking the day off to go with me in case I have the same day Oath Ceremony but I don't even know if they will allow him to pass with me to the waiting area..

I went along and waited in the waiting room. I was allowed in for the AOS interview but not for the citizenshp interview. It may be up to the officer.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure - he will just wait in the waiting room since the interview is about you :) Extra support is always nice, my husband accompanied me.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jumping in on this thread. What about parents? My husband and my parents want to be there to support me (& in case there is a same day ceremony). Three people in the waiting room wouldn't seem obnoxious?

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

We have to drive over 100 miles to go to my interview. My husband WILL be coming with me. We went to our "local" office (the one that's 100 miles away) just to see where it was and we went inside without any questions asked. He will wait in the waiting room for me if asked to do so but he's coming with me right up to that waiting room. :yes:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

its an interview for N400

Oops, you're right! Thanks.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.