B_J

Zimmerman to be charged

95 posts in this topic

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

By Sari Horwitz, Wednesday, April 11, 12:56 PM

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face.

Martin, 17 and unarmed, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, who said he was acting in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting took place, did not charge Zimmerman, citing the state’s “stand your ground” law.

Corey told reporters Tuesday night that she would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours. A news release from her office said the event will be held in Sanford or Jacksonville, Fla.

Benjamin Crump, who is representing the Martin family, said this week that Corey’s office had asked where Trayvon’s parents would be each day this week. They arrived Wednesday in Washington for a civil rights conference organized by the Rev. Al Sharpton, where they are scheduled to speak.

The announcement of a charge against Zimmerman would come a day after Zimmerman’s attorneys withdrew from the case, citing their inability to contact Zimmerman.

Lawyers Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig on Tuesday expressed concern about Zimmerman’s emotional and physical well-being, saying he has taken actions without consulting them. They also said they do not know where Zimmerman is.

“You can stop looking in Florida,” Uhrig told reporters. “Look much further away than that.”

Corey said Monday that she would not bring the case before a grand jury, which was expected to convene this week. She said her decision to forgo the grand jury should not be viewed as a factor in determining whether charges will be filed.

Corey has indicated in recent weeks that she might not need a grand jury to bring charges against Zimmerman.

The lawyers said they stand by their assertions that Zimmerman acted in self-defense when he killed the 17-year-old, who was unarmed, but they acknowledged that they formed their impressions without meeting Zimmerman.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-law-enforcement-official-says/2012/04/11/gIQAHJ5oAT_print.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This case has brought to the fore all the racists and has set back race relations.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This case has brought to the fore all the racists and has set back race relations.

More like racial bigotry shows its ugly head. I think the term 'racist' is wrongly applied and overused in most cases. The 'term' should be reserved to those who literally believe in racial superiority or supremacy, whereas racial bigotry is more widespread, among all ethnic groups and can even exist within an ethnic group where lighter skin tone is treated favorably over darker skin.

Filed: Timeline

i'm betting on voluntary manslaughter. i don't think you can be charged w/ murder w/o a grand jury.

Not first degree murder, but any lessor charge doesn't require a grand jury in Florida.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey will announce charges against the 28-year-old Zimmerman at a 6 p.m. Wednesday news conference, the official with knowledge of the investigation told The Associated Press. Corey confirmed that an announcement on the case would be made in Jacksonville but didn't elaborate. The person said Zimmerman's arrest is also expected soon.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Found guilty or not guilty - I see an OJ type ending here.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love how she makes the comments that "public opinion and political opinions don't sway our view." --- bullshit it doesn't... One group of prosecutors doesn't go from Nothing to 2nd degree murder.. That's a HUGE jump... 2 different offices with different conclusions entirely.. Yeah, there's no way in hell public/political opinions didn't come into play here.

Now the key is where to find a jury that hasn't been tainted by freaks like Al Sharpton and Obama...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

This prosecutor better has some very stunning evidence. Don't know why she decided to charge him with Second degree murder instead of manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter. With a high profile case like this and especially in Florida the 2nd. degree murder is a high bar to meet. We saw this with the Casey Antony case where she was obviously overcharged and finally acquitted. At the end the tax payers were charged with the bills. I predict this will happen here. Overcharged = Acquittal, unless a kind of plead deal occurs before the trial begin.

Edited by mari&Ryan

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

More like racial bigotry shows its ugly head. I think the term 'racist' is wrongly applied and overused in most cases. The 'term' should be reserved to those who literally believe in racial superiority or supremacy, whereas racial bigotry is more widespread, among all ethnic groups and can even exist within an ethnic group where lighter skin tone is treated favorably over darker skin.

Better yet Steve howz about we reserve the term for when the real definition fits.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I'm interested in whether or not Zimmerman's former attorneys violated attorney-client privilege when they said that he was probably nuts. They should have just said, "We're no longer representing him" and left it at that. Now they may have hampered his defense. Awesome job guys!wacko.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que