B_J

Zimmerman to be charged

95 posts in this topic

He stalked him then shot him.

So your saying Martin never physically attacked Zimmerman...correct?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

He stalked him then shot him.

It's a bit more complex than that. GZ did not simply stalk Martin, locate him, then put a round in his chest.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

So your saying Martin never physically attacked Zimmerman...correct?

Of course there was. We need to wait and see the facts that come out during the trial, once again I will tell you my opinion might change.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Upon reflection, one thread ban reversed. Warning is still in place- keep on topic or be thread banned. If you find an off topic or objectionable post, please use the report button to let the Mods know; we are volunteers who are not online 24/7, nor do we have time to read all posts on VJ. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Wonder why TM never called 911 or his dad and asked for help when he was "being chased", but talked to his girl friend instead ? Seems he might not have been very afraid at the time ?

why would GZ call 911 if he was in his way to shot to TM on the chest?

Why would you call to 911 if you have your mind set to commit a murder?

Why TM body was found facing down if Zimmerman (as some want to believe) was on top of TV when he shot him on the chest? Make not sense whatsover.

Will GZ ever has a fair trial?

If I ever get attacked for a black person have to let him/her kill me and not defense myself?

Can I as a hispanic female claim selfdefense against a person of a different race/etnicithy or will i be crucified in the media before i have a day in court?

I mean, it's scary to have so many people hating you without you to have a chance to say anything. It's scary and sad. I just became a U.S. citizen and I thought you are presumed innocent until prove contrary.

Edited by mari&Ryan

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Wonder why TM never called 911 or his dad and asked for help when he was "being chased", but talked to his girl friend instead ? Seems he might not have been very afraid at the time ?

Why TM body was found facing down if Zimmerman (as some want to believe) was on top of TV when he shot him on the chest? Make not sense whatsover.

Will GZ ever has a fair trial?

If I ever get attacked for a black person have to let him/her kill me and not defense myself?

Can I as a hispanic female claim selfdefense against a person of a different race/etnicithy or will i be crucified in the media before i have a day in court?

I mean, it's scary to have so many people hating you without you to have a chance to say anything. It's scary and sad. I just became a U.S. citizen and I thought you are presumed innocent until prove contrary.

Hopefully all these questions will be answered during the trial. The public and myself need to calm down and let the case play out. Hopefully something good can come out this tragedy. I really don't want civilians policing my neighborhood armed with guns, I have children and don't want anything like this to happen to mine or anyone else's.

Edited by Sayha or bust.

Buddha.

Hopefully all these questions will be answered during the trial. The public and myself need to calm down and let the case play out. Hopefully something good can come out this tragedy. I really don't want civilians policing my neighborhood armed with guns, I have children and don't want anything like this to happen to mine or anyone else's.

Teach your kids not to physically attack another person and they should be fine.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

He was within a few minutes by foot away from his house, for one. Second, Zimmerman's following him didn't seem to escalate until Zimmerman got out of his SUV and cornered Martin, which probably happened in a matter of seconds. He was on the phone with his girlfriend, who corroborated how the whole situation escalated. At first Martin wasn't in fear by what Zimmerman was doing other than acting odd. If everyone dialed 911 every time they saw a person behaving strangely, the police would be bogged down with a lot of frivolous calls. It sounds like you are blaming the victim.

Zimmerman thought he was doing the right thing, but just because you're a paranoid, gun-toting vigilante who believes you are trying to rid the neighborhood of vandals, doesn't mean you are in the right, even if your intentions are sincere. Zimmerman has a track record of this. He was told by the police not to pursue Martin when Martin began to run away, and said 'OK' to the dispatcher, but then got out of his SUV anyway. He also didn't bother to mention to the police that he was packing. His actions were that of a cop-wannabe, he cornered a suspect, the suspect might have responded by jumping Zimmerman out of self defense, but Zimmerman had the upper hand by carrying a gun, shot and killed Martin believing he was acting in self defense.

That's for forensics to determine. Some of you falsely assume that if Martin was on top of Zimmerman, that precludes that Zimmerman acted in self defense. That ignores the very real possibility that Martin went after Zimmerman as an act of self defense, if the 'Stand Your Ground' law gives citizens the right to take decisive action when they believe they are in danger of grave bodily harm. Zimmerman pursued Martin and Martin was running away to avoid Zimmerman. It wasn't until Zimmerman got out of his SUV and approached Martin, that Martin confronted Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't identify himself, didn't say, "I'm on neighborhood watch and want to know what you are doing out in the middle of the night." Zimmerman clearly instigated the confrontation and then claims he acted in self defense, even though he was the one chasing Martin down. He's got a lot to answer for.

Wow....more racial bigotry rearing its ugly head. Why the ** would even bring up such a question?

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Teach your kids not to physically attack another person and they should be fine.

What would you do if you were confronted? Zimmerman told 911 operator Trayvon was running away. Did he do an about face and come back to Zimmerman to cream him? I doubt, it we will find out as the trial progresses.

He was within a few minutes by foot away from his house, for one. Second, Zimmerman's following him didn't seem to escalate until Zimmerman got out of his SUV and cornered Martin, which probably happened in a matter of seconds. He was on the phone with his girlfriend, who corroborated how the whole situation escalated. At first Martin wasn't in fear by what Zimmerman was doing other than acting odd. If everyone dialed 911 every time they saw a person behaving strangely, the police would be bogged down with a lot of frivolous calls. It sounds like you are blaming the victim.

Zimmerman thought he was doing the right thing, but just because you're a paranoid, gun-toting vigilante who believes you are trying to rid the neighborhood of vandals, doesn't mean you are in the right, even if your intentions are sincere. Zimmerman has a track record of this. He was told by the police not to pursue Martin when Martin began to run away, and said 'OK' to the dispatcher, but then got out of his SUV anyway. He also didn't bother to mention to the police that he was packing. His actions were that of a cop-wannabe, he cornered a suspect, the suspect might have responded by jumping Zimmerman out of self defense, but Zimmerman had the upper hand by carrying a gun, shot and killed Martin believing he was acting in self defense.

That's for forensics to determine. Some of you falsely assume that if Martin was on top of Zimmerman, that precludes that Zimmerman acted in self defense. That ignores the very real possibility that Martin went after Zimmerman as an act of self defense, if the 'Stand Your Ground' law gives citizens the right to take decisive action when they believe they are in danger of grave bodily harm. Zimmerman pursued Martin and Martin was running away to avoid Zimmerman. It wasn't until Zimmerman got out of his SUV and approached Martin, that Martin confronted Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't identify himself, didn't say, "I'm on neighborhood watch and want to know what you are doing out in the middle of the night." Zimmerman clearly instigated the confrontation and then claims he acted in self defense, even though he was the one chasing Martin down. He's got a lot to answer for.

Wow....more racial bigotry rearing its ugly head. Why the ** would even bring up such a question?

I was going to comment on her ignorant post but didn't want to go to her level and say something negative.

Buddha.

Or arm our kids and young adults with firearms! Good answer!

Buddha.

Clarification: teach your kids not to walk while black in FL.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

To the two poster who replied my post:

First of all, Thank you so much for showing me that one can be insulted and bashed just to express an opinion in a public forum in the U.S.

Second, My post was not addressed to you both personally. I don't understand why you have to insult me.

last, You both seem to be very angry and mean people (I might be wrong).

I pray the lord that people that rush to judgment as you did with me for just expressing an opinion may never get seated in a jury to decide the fate of another human being.

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.