thedude6752000

Visa Turned Down in India due to "(in)sufficient economic and social ties to assure their departure after a limited stay in the United States"

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You can show the family, family income and assest if she has any commitment in India and than you can show that.

Again would that be enough, no one on here can answer that.

How much would be enough? In Indian terms how many lacs?

i.e. give me an estimate.

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

I know quite a few Saudis studying English here (and generally not doing a very good job of it, unlike my GF who has top marks in all of her classes....) and they did not face any significant wait time in getting their visa. They were also not turned away at their preliminary visa interview like she was, without even being told why (she got an email informing her one week after).

You are only seeing the ppl who got thru, you are not seeing the number of ppl who got rejected - for which you will need the numbers from Sadui embassy.

Administrative process is there that is for sure, they are put in there for 6-7 months sometimes.

How much would be enough? In Indian terms how many lacs?

i.e. give me an estimate.

That does not matter, whatever are the real number show that, dont try to inflate the numbers in account.

Timeline

Since she's so keen to do the program out there, why not go the K1 route and get her the visa so that she can join you there? She could always get into the program of her choice afterwards. The program ain't going anywhere, for sure!

The problem is we don't have any photos together and I lost my passport after going to India, so I don't have the double-stamped visa. One of us needs to go to the other's country to gather evidence for the K1 and since she wants to improve her English we thought this would be the best option.

You are only seeing the ppl who got thru, you are not seeing the number of ppl who got rejected - for which you will need the numbers from Sadui embassy.

Administrative process is there that is for sure, they are put in there for 6-7 months sometimes.

That does not matter, whatever are the real number show that, dont try to inflate the numbers in account.

We will not but if the number is too low no need to try again na?

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: Timeline

Never mind the fact that all but four of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were Saudis, if they have money the more the merrier, if not they can go just stay put in their "savage" countries......nice chain a reasoning there. I'm not going to debate the merits of the system here except to say that in my opinion it's obviously over complicated and clearly advantageous to rich people and people from white countries. And as for your ridiculous assertion that I don't "like the US of A" and I should leave because I disagree with its immigration and foreign policy I'm not about to justify this type of McCarthyite nonsense with any type of a credible response here. Despite your accusations we have no intent of doing anything fraudulent or illegal and I only want to know what evidence she can offer to strengthen her case. If you can't help me with that Noah I would appreciate if you left the conversation and let others who do know help out. Thank you.

Bottom line: No one can help her get a visa....it is her responsibility to convince the VO that she will not have the ever popular mind change....and no one abandons TWO jobs (for two months+, in a country in which no one gets two months of paid vacation) to study a language that is already prevalent in their own country....clearly you are a self styled 'expert' on U.S. immigration law and foreign policy...gosh, I'm surprised you have not been invited to run the United Nations or USCIS...(well, not really)...

What has most likely happened is that the VOs are aware of the real reasons for her 'need' to study English...and all the notarized documents in the world won't change that simple fact.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I find your response patronizing and frankly quite a bit offensive. I went to school at FSU which has a very active ESL program and having known lots of the ESL students there (mostly young Saudi men but also plenty of people from Latin American countries) I can tell you for a fact that more than 2% of single ESL students return to their home country. Moreover this is a summer-long program and she will be staying at my place; it would be patently obvious to anyone that if we married we had used the F1 to circumvent the K1 and so for this reason alone we are not contemplating such a stupid and illegal move. I nor she wants to be found guilty of immigration fraud or become a criminal in anyway, and I find the accusation more than a bit insulting. Furthermore despite the lofty tone of your message you seem to fail to realize the reason WHY so many people want to circumvent the K1--being forced into separation for 8 months to a year (tends to be more if you're coming from a non-white developing country like my girlfriend is) is just ridiculous and unnecessary--to to mention hypocritical coming from the one country (the US) which has done more than any other to make sure the financial capital can flow freely and without delay from one country to another, the consequences to the people of those countries be damned. To move $100,000,000 from Delhi to New York takes not even a day.....to move your fiancee takes a year. Seems clear to me where this country's priorities lie..........

This to me shows that you HAVE thought about her just staying here and determined this way was quicker.

Ignoring that though and responding to your OP, things like husband and children in her home country, property ownership, letter from jobs saying she is doing the study to assist her in those positions and will return to them once complete, things like that... none of which you've stated she has.. what DID she show?

As other posters have stated your situation is basically one that they see all the time. You are her sponsor, she'll be living with you, she is your gf and you want them to believe that you'll defy all the other examples of where this turns into her "changing her mind"... so you need to show them proof of that which, being a young girl and again given your situation, isn't easy.

The other idea is to do what you state takes too long (but appears to be something you've considered) and file for the K1 visa and she can go to school once she's here.

Timeline

Bottom line: No one can help her get a visa....it is her responsibility to convince the VO that she will not have the ever popular mind change....and no one abandons TWO jobs (for two months+, in a country in which no one gets two months of paid vacation) to study a language that is already prevalent in their own country....clearly you are a self styled 'expert' on U.S. immigration law and foreign policy...gosh, I'm surprised you have not been invited to run the United Nations or USCIS...(well, not really)...

What has most likely happened is that the VOs are aware of the real reasons for her 'need' to study English...and all the notarized documents in the world won't change that simple fact.

But how could she do this when she was not even given the chance to explain it to them? They did not even ask about her job or future plans, they just denied her and gave her a book foll of reasons for denial (without telling her for what reason she was denied!)!

This to me shows that you HAVE thought about her just staying here and determined this way was quicker.

Ignoring that though and responding to your OP, things like husband and children in her home country, property ownership, letter from jobs saying she is doing the study to assist her in those positions and will return to them once complete, things like that... none of which you've stated she has.. what DID she show?

As other posters have stated your situation is basically one that they see all the time. You are her sponsor, she'll be living with you, she is your gf and you want them to believe that you'll defy all the other examples of where this turns into her "changing her mind"... so you need to show them proof of that which, being a young girl and again given your situation, isn't easy.

The other idea is to do what you state takes too long (but appears to be something you've considered) and file for the K1 visa and she can go to school once she's here.

She didn't show them any proof because they did not even give her the chance to show it! and yes, she had all of this!

And how could this way be quicker? They would determine that she illegally used the F1 to come here for marriage and deport her, after putting a travel ban on her to the US. We do not want this!

Edit: She has all of that except for the children and spouse of course.

Edited by thedude6752000

The problem is we don't have any photos together and I lost my passport after going to India, so I don't have the double-stamped visa. One of us needs to go to the other's country to gather evidence for the K1 and since she wants to improve her English we thought this would be the best option.

As you pointed out earlier, thousands of dollars can be transferred around the world in seconds; hence, showing some amount of cash in a bank account does NOT represent a tie to one's country, since that same sum of money can be instantly transferred to the U.S. (that country that you believe focuses solely on money and catering to Saudis)....

Others have also chimed in to share their opinion that this particular type of visa request is one oft used (or tried to be used) by countless thousands everywhere....perhaps you are the 1 in a 1000 who might not use this opportunity for something else....proving it to the satisfaction of skeptical VOs will be the challenge...and one not resolved by quickly stuffing money into her bank account...

rather than castigate the United States's immigration policies (policies that I believe should be made even stricter in some cases), blame all those who have gone before you and your GF...who misled VOs and USCIS border agents about their true intentions....they are the ones who have made this situation more difficult...

Edited by Noah Lot

Timeline

What visa are you on?

Timeline

What visa are you on?

I am in the US right now I came over to India last year on a State Department funded scholarship that is when we met. We are currently not living in the same country....

But how could she do this when she was not even given the chance to explain it to them? They did not even ask about her job or future plans, they just denied her and gave her a book foll of reasons for denial (without telling her for what reason she was denied!)!

She didn't show them any proof because they did not even give her the chance to show it! and yes, she had all of this!

And how could this way be quicker? They would determine that she illegally used the F1 to come here for marriage and deport her, after putting a travel ban on her to the US. We do not want this!

Edit: She has all of that except for the children and spouse of course.

Papers and parents are not 'proof' that an applicant will abide by the terms of any visa granted to them...and VOs need not examine every silly piece of paper if they don't believe the story in the first place....

Now, if you doubt this concept, just ask yourself these two questions:

1- which paper(s) should, according to some as yet unwritten and unlegislated American law, be 101% absolute proof that an applicant will depart the US after a visit or studies.....

2- how do you think it would be before every mala fide visa applicant on the planet reproduced that same paper(s) in order to obtain a visa?

Timeline

Not to sound judgmental, but frankly, I see a lot of red flags here. It looks more and more like the two of you are trying to circumvent the K1 and the long months of separation, and this is the easiest route you found.

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Timeline

Papers and parents are not 'proof' that an applicant will abide by the terms of any visa granted to them...and VOs need not examine every silly piece of paper if they don't believe the story in the first place....

1- which paper(s) should, according to some as yet unwritten and unlegislated American law, be 101% absolute proof that an applicant will depart the US after a visit or studies.....

2- how do you think it would be before every mala fide visa applicant on the planet reproduced that same paper(s) in order to obtain a visa?

So what proof is the best way to attain the visa? Also as to the issue of me the guy did not even ask about a sponsor in the US, so how could they even know we are together? They did not give her a chance! to explain anything!

So what proof is the best way to attain the visa? Also as to the issue of me the guy did not even ask about a sponsor in the US, so how could they even know we are together? They did not give her a chance! to explain anything!

Ah yes...the infamous...'they never asked a single question'..refusal...sorry...that does not happen...and you were thousands of miles away from the interview, so you do not know what questions were or were not asked...more than likely your name appeared on the I-20 as the 'sponsor'...more than likely she was asked about the nature of your 'sponsoring' relationship....she did not just go to the window and then summarily denied....

what matters during these types of interviews is one thing and one thing only....credibility....which cannot be printed on a piece of paper...which is not grafted into somebody's character via their parent or a letter from a third party...

quite often when somebody's visa application is denied and they are quizzed by friends or relatives about why this happened, history gets rewritten quickly to make it appear that the VO never asked a question, never looked at any paper, just peered at the applicant and bellowed..'No Visa for you!'...yet no one has ever been able to prove that type of interview took place....ever.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

And if you don't like the US of A (which it appears you don't), well, airplanes are departing for all those 'wonderful countries' around the globe constantly...

and like so many others, you apparently feel that it is OK to circumvent other legal processes...which only reinforces my belief about your true long term plans...

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.