sarah and hicham

Monday

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! It's just about Monday here so I thought I'd get this thread going.

I hope everyone is well and good luck to everyone,

Sarah

ps. Has anyone heard from Henia?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalam, Hello and Salut to everyone (F)

:dance: Well my husband and I had our one month anniversary :dance: Yea...and he even remembered :D

Elhamdullah we were able to work through our *issues* and elhamdullah he was always doing things correctly with me...in fact I was really wrong to ever doubt him. But I have learned a lesson, in trusting trusting *other women* here in DZ. I never have bad ideas on people, but after this experience I will be so careful and I have started to make the du'ua for protection against the evil eye. Strangely enough...here in an Arabe country ... Thanks again everyone for all your advices and comments. It let me see things in several different lights, which at the moment I could not even try to see...my thoughts are clouded of all *bad* ideas then.

We also had *big talk* on wheither to stay or leave...and basically he let it be on my call...so I decided, or shall I say we decided together that I would stay do our *best* to keep our family together...as now we *are* a family. And if that meant traveling back and forth from the US and Algerie every 6months ...so be it. Inchallah I will have all my INS issues settled by next May... Finally we decided that it would very benefically for our family to *live* and experience all 3 of the countries we were talking about. Mostly cos, we need to know each other's culture and background ...so we can no tonly understand but appreciate one another... To live in Algerie for me (and my daughter) would help us improve our deen and language skills, but also to live in USA annd Hungaria would be a test of faith and strength for my husband... In each place, we as a family would be stronger and improved I believe. Holding together. Ultimately our goal is to settled down in Algerie, but with the cost of buying/building a new home suited to our needs would be something my husband could not achieve until many years, maybe decades of saving... we decided 6 months,year or two in the US would do us good.But of course, if we donnot like...we will not stay. Also my husband and I agree time spent in Hungaria would be also very benefical. Hmm...there at least I have modern comfortable house...unlike in DZ where the home is not so comfortable and in the US I have always *rented*.

All I can say is Elhamdullah Elhamdullah Elhamdullah... :D

I hope everyone's Monday goes well... also everyone's Ramadan and fasting... and everyone getting approvals Mabrouk and everyone waiting...You are in my prayers. (F)

Esalaamu Aleikum, Fi Amani Allah

Henia :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Morning everybody.

Today already sucks and Henia is my hero. Thats all I got.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Henia -

So so happy to here that! My fiancee warns me all the time about the evil eye in Algeria ("They look at you cause they are jealous - and they don't even say Masha Allah"). But I am so so glad you worked things out - the decision sounds like a great one. It has always been a dream of mine to raise biligual, bicultural children, and my fiancee and I are planning on doing so as well.

Have a great Ramadan!!!

Christina

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Henia, mabrook on your decision and enshallah life will brighten for you! You are a very strong woman and Allah gives you the power.

Monday....Allah has blessed me with another day...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I had the best weekend :) Makes Monday lots easier!!!

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE.

Karo,

Why was your weekend so great? Share with those of us whose weekends were just ok so that we can live vicariously through you!

My weekend was alright. A friend of mine got married on Sat., so we went to the wedding. But, it's ramadan, so Amed couldn't eat until 7:00. It also meant that we couldn't hold hands or hug or anything (which is always nice at a wedding- it usually makes me feel lovey-dovey).

Yesterday I got into a fight with my mom over wedding stuff, which kind of soured the whole day. But, now it's back to work so hopefully, this weekend will be better! I have my bridal shower this weekend, which will be so much fun!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Monday all :D Ok Ok, I can't pull it off :( Rrrr Monday :angry:

Ate too much at iftar yesterday, first time all Ramadan. It was Egyptian food at the masjid, so I stuffed myself on bashamel.

I made basbousa this weekend that turned out pretty good :dance: I'll post the recipe on the recipes thread. This week's cooking adventures will include cheese cake and hopefully some kunafa if I can find a decent recipe.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

wellll...let's see. We really didn't DO anything. Friday night we were supposed to go to a party at a co-workers, but when we re-read the invite it started at 10 pm!!! That's like - WAY past my bed time - so we just stayed in, watched tv and snuggled...Saturday we went to the home and patio show - my cousin had a booth there, and we went to some seminars.

We saw Mad Dog and merrill talk about grilling - which hubby loved, and then saw Andrew Firestone (from the Bachelor) talk about Wine and pairing with cheese. It was actually really interesting. We also saw lots of booths about home improvement, etc etc

We went to a late lunch, played some trivia, and went home for another early night.

Sunday we did laundry (literally...dirty minds!!) and watched football - where the jags beat the jets 41-0!!!!! and hung out, grilled out for diner and then went to play soccer! Our team one 12-1 and I scored three goals.

I think what REALLY made it great was that usually I can't sleep in on weekends for various reasons - but we got to sleep in BOTH days!

So doing nothing, really made it a great weekend :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

uggghhhhh... Monday... I want to still be asleep -_-:sleepy: . I have to work at my office for a while and teach 3 classes.... I'm hungry already - it's only 8:30 :unsure: ..... i pray there is a nap time today. OUF!!!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Morning everybody.

Today already sucks and Henia is my hero. Thats all I got.

Hmmm why is Henia your hero? I wonder... Hmm snaps people usually say SHUT UP Henia...enough Henia... :lol:
Allah has blessed me with another day...
Elhamdullah...yea another... :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh man, I've just found a ton of new jelbab that I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Why oh why didn't they have these things while I was in college.

http://www.thehijabshop.com/jilbabs/

Check out the first punk one, and the 4th one with the pockets. I actually want them all, but seriously, my persona is so anti social quasi hijabi punk-ish, these are perfect!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Am I the only one who has Columbus Day off today?

:D

I had an "ok" weekend. Was sooo happy not to have to work because I'm feeling very very weak lately. I'm not good at this whole fasting thing and I think I'm even gaining weight because as soon as maghrib comes I'm stuffing my face. :blush:

Only bad thing that happened was my sister waking me up Sat at 9am asking if I want to go on a blind date with her hubby's friend when she knows darn well I"m getting married in a couple of months. That really got me and I still can't let it go, ya know? Just plain rude is all, but then that's my biggoted family for ya. :whistle:

Usama and I had a really nice talk and "just waiting"....you were absolutely right..he was not thinking clearly. He and his sisters are now cool with him coming here and get this...they've given me a nickname of "Helga". :huh: At first I was miffed because when I think of a Helga I think of a 6 foot muscle bound swedish girl who wrestles, but I guess there's a movie where this Egyptian guy moves to Germany to be with his love Helga. :yes: So now his sisters and his cousins all say, "how's Helga" when he gets home from the internet cafe. :lol:

They'll be moving this week to el-Matarya where a bunch of their second cousins live, so at least they'll have family around them.

Wicked nice out here today btw...sunny and will be about 70, but trying to get the kids to play outside is just a chore lately since their hooked on webkinz.com all of a sudden. :blink:

Henia- (((((hugs)))))) I'm sooooo glad things worked out and that it wasn't what we thought it was!!!! And congrats on your anniversary!!!! :dance:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh geez! I have not been on VJ all weekend and I have lots of catching up to do! I'm so tired right now I can barely read so I will have to do it later.

Henia I'm really glad you worked out your issues (F)

Other than that, nothing going on much here. I wanna go back to bed. :sleepy:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Am I the only one who has Columbus Day off today?

Yes..... :(

I had a good weekend, shopped at the Arabic store, spent over $100.00 on food. Cleaned my stove, fridge, washed sheets, cleaned my closet, dusted.....hey wait....whats so great about that???? :lol:

Henia, I am so glad things are better for you now. Your husband has been through a lot lately, and it is normal that it takes a toll on us as their wives, especially when we can't be there with them.

Okay, back to the grind, right now I don't like doodlebug...(just kidding)

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.