Danno

‘STAY OUT OF HEAVILY BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS’: NATIONAL REVIEW WRITER UNDER FIRE FOR RACIAL COLUMN

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

‘STAY OUT OF HEAVILY BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS’: NATIONAL REVIEW WRITER UNDER FIRE FOR RACIAL COLUMN

National Review writer John Derbyshire is under fire for a column essentially urging white parents to talk to their children about staying away from black people they don’t know.

“The Talk: Nonblack Version” is a breakdown of the lessons he’s taught his children about race, similar to “the talk” or “the code” many black parents have spoken of having with their children in the wake of Trayvon Martin’s death.

Derbyshire’s column, published Thursday in Taki’s Magazine, states “many traits are very different for black and white Americans,“ such as ”school disciplinary measures, political corruption and criminal convictions.”

There is “a small cohort of blacks” — Derbyshire estimates 5 percent — that is “ferociously hostile to whites” and a larger number that will “go along passively if the 5 percent take leadership in some event.”

“They will do this out of racial solidarity, the natural willingness of most human beings to be led, and a vague feeling that whites have it coming,” he wrote.

The portion of his column that appears to have drawn most of the outrage are the following “common sense” items:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

(10g) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.

(10i) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.

Derbyshire told ThinkProgress the piece was not meant as satire but “social commentary.” Calls are building for his firing from National Review, which has distanced itself from the piece. In a brief online post late Friday, National Review editor Rich Lowry described it as “appalling” but did not say whether Derbyshire would be fired.

“Needless to say, no one at National Review shares Derb’s appalling view of what parents supposedly should tell their kids about blacks in this instantly notorious piece here,” Lowry wrote.

National Review columnist Jonah Goldberg wrote Friday evening on Twitter he found Derbyshire’s column, “fundamentally indefensible and offensive. I wish he hadn’t written it.” In a follow-up tweet, he said no one at National Review saw the piece before it was published in Taki’s Magazine.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stay-out-of-heavily-black-neighborhoods-national-review-writer-under-fire-for-racial-column/

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Why the outrage? Sharpton says ####### like this all the time and nobody calls for him to be fired?

Are we not entitled to have freedom in the press anymore? I don't see him advocating anything illegal or violent here. Quite the opposite. He's advocating passive measures based on statistical data. What's the problem with that?

Liberals do not like freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

How would Sharpton "get fired"? Fired from what? Take away his megaphone?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

564369_411133358914911_196601040368145_1495741_693343194_n.jpg

Unless you didn't do so well on the firefighters test.

How would Sharpton "get fired"? Fired from what? Take away his megaphone?

Isn't he still working for MSNBC?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

:no:

Liberals love freedom of speech and they don't hesitate to use it to criticize other peoples speech. Being highly critical of what someone says is COMPLETELY different than saying they should be restricted from saying it! I cannot emphasize that distinction enough! Saying that someone is full of cr@p, totally wrong, completely outrageous, etc, does NOT translate accurately to saying that they should not be allowed to say it! Most liberals I speak with appreciate people like this author that are not afraid to say what they actually believe. Being PC is waaayyy over-rated!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:no:

Liberals love freedom of speech and they don't hesitate to use it to criticize other peoples speech. Being highly critical of what someone says is COMPLETELY different than saying they should be restricted from saying it! I cannot emphasize that distinction enough! Saying that someone is full of cr@p, totally wrong, completely outrageous, etc, does NOT translate accurately to saying that they should not be allowed to say it! Most liberals I speak with appreciate people like this author that are not afraid to say what they actually believe. Being PC is waaayyy over-rated!

There you go again, trying to silence Gary's freedom of speech. Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame.

564369_411133358914911_196601040368145_1495741_693343194_n.jpg

Take a few walks around Oakland during the midnight hours and then get back to us on how everything went. I'm going to bet my left testicle we won't have to suffer through any more of your post on here if that were to happen.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I'm going to be my left testicle.

A truly NUTTY idea! :lol:

At least you won't be one of those RIGHT wing NUT jobs! :rofl:

Edited by james&olya

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I note I lived in 3 'heavily black neighborhoods' this century, 6 months to a year, depending.

All knew me as 'that crazy artisan growing organic veg on the big acreage next door'. The only time I had a problem with thieving, the neighbors caught the guy, and I got my stuff back.

I make a good neighbor, always..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Why the outrage? Sharpton says ####### like this all the time and nobody calls for him to be fired?

When yer the CEO and 51 percent owner of a non-profit org, there is no one to fire you.

Surely Derb's editor had some say for the piece to be published, though...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Take a few walks around Oakland during the midnight hours and then get back to us on how everything went. I'm going to bet my left testicle we won't have to suffer through any more of your post on here if that were to happen.

Not sure enough to bet both?:no:

More interesting before the edit! :P

What edit? :whistle:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I would be a little skeptical about advice coming from a guy who goes around betting his testicles.

QCjgyJZ.jpg