Khushi81

APRIL 2012 FILERS N-400

1,015 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cool! And exciting! We just have to wait the 5-10 business days for the 2011 tax transcripts then we'll mail it off asap!!!

Im sure they just want to make sure our taxes are paid and that they arent getting put off or anything. For the past 3 years we owe just alittle bit so we have more money through out the year. Our taxes always get paid by April so last year was no different.

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I was scheduled for 10:30 and was called in on exact time at 10 :30 am. They guy took me into his office. i took oath to say the truth. questions are here:

First he went thru my N 400 application.

Branch of Government?

Senator for how many years?

what did declaration of independence do ?

If the president and voice president can't serve who becomes the president?

2 questions i forgot.

Then he had me writing this sentence

The Columbus day is in October?

He had me read this sentence

When is the Columbus day?

Then he said, Congratulations you have passed and i will recommend for closest ceremony date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Cool! And exciting! We just have to wait the 5-10 business days for the 2011 tax transcripts then we'll mail it off asap!!!

Im sure they just want to make sure our taxes are paid and that they arent getting put off or anything. For the past 3 years we owe just alittle bit so we have more money through out the year. Our taxes always get paid by April so last year was no different.

Why u didn't go to ur local irs to get the tax transcript

Timeline

I didn't know to do that. We called IRS yesterday & was on hold for 45 minutes to speak to a person and discuss it and ask for it to be sent to our house. She said 5-10 business days.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I didn't know to do that. We called IRS yesterday & was on hold for 45 minutes to speak to a person and discuss it and ask for it to be sent to our house. She said 5-10 business days.

Just go to ur local IRS tomorrow and drop it to ur local uscis to morrow . Good luck

I still cannot believe they still proof after all this but I guess there are so many marriage scammers out there.

I got all my stuff together to bring with me on the 13th. :thumbs:

You are right about that...And for some reason, it seems the interview sessions for couple are a bit longer and intricate.

I was scheduled for 10:30 and was called in on exact time at 10 :30 am. They guy took me into his office. i took oath to say the truth. questions are here:

First he went thru my N 400 application.

Branch of Government?

Senator for how many years?

what did declaration of independence do ?

If the president and voice president can't serve who becomes the president?

2 questions i forgot.

Then he had me writing this sentence

The Columbus day is in October?

He had me read this sentence

When is the Columbus day?

Then he said, Congratulations you have passed and i will recommend for closest ceremony date.

Oh wow..congratulations

Timeline

My husbands interview was very short, it was the waiting time in the lobby that took everyone forever. The guy behind us said he waited for 1 1/2 hr and he still didnt get called til after my husband was finished with his. I suggest to anyone that maybe pays taxes each year after they file that they take receipts with them if they cant get all transcripts. It wasnt on the check list, but its better to have it than not have it. For some reason the system didnt let me get my copy of our 2011 tax transcript when I asked for it back in June, so we had 2009,2010 and then all the papers from 2011 that was filed with Jackson Hewitt.

If by Monday we havent gotten our tax transcript for 2011 that we ordered on the phone on Wednesday then we'll drive out to Houston to get it from our local office.

I had my interview today in San-Antonio. Scheduled at 10.00 a.m. but was taken in a few minutes early. IO very nice, pleasant chap. After swearing in he asked me to read 'What is the Capital of US' and then to write the answer. I wrote 'Washington D.C. is the Capital' we had a small, pleasant chitchat of whether it should be Capitol with an 'o' or Capital with an 'a'. he thought it should be an 'O' but the question he had me read had an 'a' in it. Jut mild pleasantry. the six questions were easy. he said I had passed the writing/reading and civics test.

Then he went through my application. I had used a pen name to write a book, self published @ amazon. I asked him if I should mention it. First he said no, then he wavered. I had the Amazon website - re my book - printed out where it stated my pen name and underneath my real name. He was happy with it. he kept the copy for his records.

everything in my application was fine.

He said - Congratulations, I have been recommended for approval. He said another officer had to go through it for final approval. wait 2-4 weeks. next Oath ceremony in San Antonio is in September. He was hopeful I would be approved and get my oath letter by then.

Then he got me to sign my application.

Noted that my birth records and originals from home country had my first and middle name as initials. so, he told me we would have to do a name change to get my full name on the records. instead of C.C.Steppenwolfe it had to be Cave Canem Steppenwolfe. So he asked me to sign (write in cursive) full name across the front of both my photographs.

Done.

took about 40 mins. mostly for checking if I needed name change (he had to go ask someone else) and get me to sign the photos. otherwise very pleasant.

Now it is 'hurry up and wait' time for the final approval and Oath letter to come

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I got all my stuff together to bring with me on the 13th. :thumbs:

I brought so much extra stuff with me to the interview and they didn't even want to see it. But it's always better to be over prepared. :star:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I brought so much extra stuff with me to the interview and they didn't even want to see it. But it's always better to be over prepared. :star:

Me too! I made sure I had all of our tax transcripts, rental agreement, insurance papers, all kinds of things! In the end all she wanted to see was my husbands birth certificate, our marriage certificate and 3 years of tax transcripts. Definitely better to be safe than sorry. For anyone who doesn't have them, make sure you get your tax transcripts from the IRS for this year, they will definitely want to see them as proof that you have been here for the 3 or 5 years to qualify for naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.