Crashed~N2~Me

Filipina

176 posts in this topic

UH OH, now you've stepped in it :lol: . What makes you think he is African? He was born in Florida.

:lol: Okay...Rephrase.

How comfortable would you be introducing him as "My African-American"?

how many categories do we have?

which category do these fall in?

My Princess

My Angel

My Snugglebunny

There are two categories: public and private.

That should answer your second question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:lol: Okay...Rephrase.

How comfortable would you be introducing him as "My African-American"?

uh oh, I've never heard of anyone called African-English, African-German or African-Lithuanian.

Im worried that there is a sinister meaning here. If we are not saying African Italian then there

must be something objectifying about African-American

There are two categories: public and private.

That should answer your second question.

Tahoma...that's one thing I like about you...you don't beat around the bush... you are very good at getting right to it. Very proficient. :thumbs:

Duhhh... :rolleyes:

That's what I'm talking about. No wasted words. No wasted time. :lol::thumbs:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

uh oh, I've never heard of anyone called African-English, African-German or African-Lithuanian.

Im worried that there is a sinister meaning here. If we are not saying African Italian then there

must be something objectifying about African-American

Tahoma seems to have lost patience and decided to step in to speed up the process. :hehe:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

Tahoma...that's one thing I like about you...you don't beat around the bush... you are very good at getting right to it. Very proficient. :thumbs:

That's what I'm talking about. No wasted words. No wasted time. :lol::thumbs:

We'll I guess if you are preaching to the choir they don't mind if you slurr your words a little bit.

He started out strong, he said

"There are two categories: public and private."

That's clear and to the point.

then he said

"That should answer your second question"

wrong

That was clearly a waste of key strokes, beating around the bush or perhaps hiding behind the bush.

So he failed to identify the correct placement of

My Princess

My Angel

and My Snugglebunny

Well I was going to let that slide but when I ask which was the proper placement for "Honey ko"

He came up with a whole new catagory.

So are there two or three catagories?

Do Princess Angel and Snugglebunny belong in Public, Private or Duhhh?

Is Duhhh a sub catagory of Private? I'm afraid he has created more questions than he has answered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice post everyone!

I guess some American doesn't know how to politely refer their beloved. How about using "my beloved wife/husband that is filipino". Some american is just lazy to type the polite way.

I don't mind calling my husband "my americano", though it's 6 syllables, longer than calling him "hun or Bebe ko"...

Anyway, there is truth beyond one's perspective. So, for me, who cares what other's think if they learn that I am Filipina because US is a big insane asylum. Lots of crazy and con-artist americans out there too and so some American couldn't just brag and treat others with small or no respect at all. Besides, americans are consist of different race. Might be there ancestors came here is US the way the other Filipino did to come here, marry a USC to have better opportunity.

Having fun reading posts here.

Nice post everyone!

I guess some American doesn't know how to politely refer their beloved. How about using "my beloved wife/husband that is filipino". Some american is just lazy to type the polite way.

I don't mind calling my husband "my americano", though it's 6 syllables, longer than calling him "hun or Bebe ko"...

Anyway, there is truth beyond one's perspective. So, for me, who cares what other's think if they learn that I am Filipina because US is a big insane asylum. Lots of crazy and con-artist americans out there too and so some American couldn't just brag and treat others with small or no respect at all. Besides, americans are consist of different race. Might be there ancestors came here is US the way the other Filipino did to come here, marry a USC to have better opportunity.

Having fun reading posts here.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

For some reason, in the US, we classify groups of people. Therefore, we have names like Arican-American, Asian-American, even Filipino-American. I don't necessarily like the fact that we do this; but there's no point in pretending that we don't.

But, it isn't a common thing in the US to refer to an individual by their classification. It definitely is not common to refer to somebody as "my African"; and I don't see why it would be acceptable to refer to a spouse as "my Filipina". It is a term of classification, not a term of endearment.

Being politically correct does nothing but annoy me.... and I am glad I don't belong to that group. Pi$$ em all off with equal zealous I say!''

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

"That should answer your second question"

Have you ever introduced / referred to your wife as "My Filipina" anywhere /or to anyone other than VJ (members)? Okease exclude Judy from your answer.

Do you have limitations on what you will or won't say in public?

Do you ever control your public communication to avoid offending anyone?

Timeline

Have you ever introduced / referred to your wife as "My Filipina" anywhere /or to anyone other than VJ (members)? Okease exclude Judy from your answer.

Do you have limitations on what you will or won't say in public?

Do you ever control your public communication to avoid offending anyone?

Outside of this thread I dont' think I've ever said it al all. but I'm starting to like the way it rolls off the tongue.

Yes I never tell anyone exactly what my mother used to do to me in the attic.

Yes I sometimes control what I say to avoid offending and sometimes I offend on purpose

I've even been known to offend with out even trying, I know thats hard to believe :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.