Ryan H

NVC Filers - April 2012

5,565 posts in this topic

I guess what you are saying is right. Do you see a chance I might get the interview appt in June?

I can't say anything about that as I don't know the exact time frames for your embassy in India. This is where you have to do your OWN research using tools here on VJ. Here's a nudge in the right direction: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=India&dfile=No&adv= Go through each timeline, eliminate the ones not going through the same embassy in India, and then make notes. I did the EXACT same thing I'm suggesting. I made my own spreadsheet and calculated how many days it took from case complete to interview date scheduled to interview date. Good luck.

guys pray we can get to the states this week my mom has to have her foot amputated.

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NOA2 March 23 2012 ( expedited )

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

AOS bill invoiced Apr 6th 2012

IV bill invoiced APR 20 2012

NVC Complete may 9th 2012

Papers received at embassy in Jakarta May 21 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

POE Dallas/Ft W May 25th 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Just wondering if I can email NVC to ask if my case is complete already? Is this possible or the only option is my husband calling them?

guys pray we can get to the states this week my mom has to have her foot amputated.

Hi I'm sorry about what happened to your mom but I said a little prayer for her. Hope she recuperates soon...

ScreenShot2012-06-15at91431AM.png

Just wondering if I can email NVC to ask if my case is complete already? Is this possible or the only option is my husband calling them?

[...]

You can email them, but I suggest calling as it's much faster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Have a problem..... rather serious one.....

NVC says they sent the package to the Embassy last week , told me do not email or contact us anymore contact the embassy.

DoS Hotline will know all casefile status after the casefile leaves NVC.

Here's the timeticks you can get:

1. IV Unit receive casefile (maybe)

2. IV Unit OPEN casefile

3. Appointment date (if you not get it from NVC)

4. Packet 4 sent date (if you not get appointment letter from NVC)

5. interview day results, usually 24 to 48 hours after the event

6. 221G intake status (if this applies to you)

7. Visa Packet sent out to beneficiary (this is the last step, occurs after interview day)

So, click the girls under my name, study the left panel, you'll find the DoS Hotline #.

Plan to call DoS often , now that the casefile has left NVC.

Good Luck!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Saylin,

Thanks for your help.

The IV package was finally delivered today!!!!!!!!!!

2011/04/22 got married

2011/09/10 Mailed I-130

2011/09/16 Received NOA1 in mail

2011/09/14 Priority date on letter

2012/04/06 Received NOA2 text/email(thank god!!)

2012/04/23 Received by NVC

2012/05/09 Case # assigned

2012/05/10 AOS Fee Paid

2012/05/11 AOS Packet sent

2012/05/15 DS3032 email accepted

2012/05/15 IV bill generated

2012/05/15 IV bill paid

2012/05/17 IV Packet sent

2012/05/21 IV AOS Packet received & processed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone :) what is this i need Copies of documents proving petitioners US domicile?

what documents do they want?

thanks

Please read the last 20 posts at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/164618-proving-domicile-when-not-living-in-the-us/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

TY so much for your reply but that did not help me one bit to read the last 20 posts of that topic. My husband is a US citizen and has never lived anywhere but the US... they already have all his info but at the bottom of the immigrant visa checklist it asks for copies of documents proving petitioners US domicile. So exactly what do they want? Maybe i need a knock on the head but i just dont get it :bonk:

Saylin,

Thanks for your help.

The IV package was finally delivered today!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! good.gifCase complete by the end of the week ;)

TY so much for your reply but that did not help me one bit to read the last 20 posts of that topic. My husband is a US citizen and has never lived anywhere but the US... they already have all his info but at the bottom of the immigrant visa checklist it asks for copies of documents proving petitioners US domicile. So exactly what do they want? Maybe i need a knock on the head but i just dont get it :bonk:

If your husband is currently living in the US, then he of course doesn't need to prove domicile as he's already in the US! Proving domicile is only needed when the petitioner is living abroad with the beneficiary.

Awesome! good.gifCase complete by the end of the week ;)

If your husband is currently living in the US, then he of course doesn't need to prove domicile as he's already in the US! Proving domicile is only needed when the petitioner is living abroad with the beneficiary.

ahhh ty Saylin I will just ignore that then.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got my flight booked. June 22. 31 days till I POE. Flight is at 6:53 AM.... going to be a very early morning at the airport for me.

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Just got my flight booked. June 22. 31 days till I POE. Flight is at 6:53 AM.... going to be a very early morning at the airport for me.

Yay, grats! kicking.gif Makes it feel more real ;)

I'd suggest getting to the airport at 4am at the latest since you have to get through customs, which I don't know how busy it is at that airport, or at that time. I'm guessing you won't be getting much sleep laughing.gif You can cuddle with your husband that night though ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got my fingers crossed for sure.

I had called NVC today and they told me they received my AOS package and it is processed with no issues.

2011/04/22 got married

2011/09/10 Mailed I-130

2011/09/16 Received NOA1 in mail

2011/09/14 Priority date on letter

2012/04/06 Received NOA2 text/email(thank god!!)

2012/04/23 Received by NVC

2012/05/09 Case # assigned

2012/05/10 AOS Fee Paid

2012/05/11 AOS Packet sent

2012/05/15 DS3032 email accepted

2012/05/15 IV bill generated

2012/05/15 IV bill paid

2012/05/17 IV Packet sent

2012/05/21 IV AOS Packet received & processed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.