Pamela&Terry

BIOMETRICS WALK IN . NOW WHAT??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

We need your opinion on something. We did not know when our appointment was (long story problems with the mailing) so we went to the USCIS support center to ask and we did a walk in. We find out that our appointment for the biometrics was for the 16 of April. We walked in last week on the 22 of March and they did the biometrics that day.

Our concern is: Are they going to process the EAD and AP as of the day we walked in (22 March) or the day that our appointment was schedule for (16 of April)

Has anyone experienced this before? Help!!

Thanks for your replies in advance!

Pamela

Well you have to wait, there is nothing else you need to do unless you have a RFE later on. The K-1 AOS is being reported for like 6 months. The wait game is now started. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well you have to wait, there is nothing else you need to do unless you have a RFE later on. The K-1 AOS is being reported for like 6 months. The wait game is now started. Good luck.

Yes i know waiting again! Thank you. But my concern really is if they are going to process the biometrics as the day we walk in or they will wait until the 16 of April to process my EAD. So its about how much time my EAD and AP will take.

If they process basing on the day we walk in I should have my EAD for the 20 of April but if not it will take until May. That is why I am asking if someone has experience a walk in and if this really speed up the process!

Pamela

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They CAN start processing your case as of the walk-in date. It's able to move to the "able to be processed" pile instead of the "waiting for bio/rfe etc" pile. Whether they WILL start processing it now is another thing. They have a pretty big wait time at the moment so you won't really notice too huge a difference.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The walk-ins have raised many questions whether or not they actually speed up the process. Usually it's hard to tell when you go a week or less before your scheduled appointment. Try doing a Visa Journey search using keywords such as early walk-in speed up biometrics EAD AP AOS - any combination of those words might help you to see post you won't always get if the members aren't active on VJ any longer.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

They CAN start processing your case as of the walk-in date. It's able to move to the "able to be processed" pile instead of the "waiting for bio/rfe etc" pile. Whether they WILL start processing it now is another thing. They have a pretty big wait time at the moment so you won't really notice too huge a difference.

Well I hope it does and goes to the able to processed pile! :) I did not know they were so backed up!!! thats bad!

Thank you

The walk-ins have raised many questions whether or not they actually speed up the process. Usually it's hard to tell when you go a week or less before your scheduled appointment. Try doing a Visa Journey search using keywords such as early walk-in speed up biometrics EAD AP AOS - any combination of those words might help you to see post you won't always get if the members aren't active on VJ any longer.

Thank you!! I did some of that but all the walk in experiences are old , I did not find any update review of that! Hopefully it wont take forever!!

Pamela

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know of at least one member that received their EAD BEFORE their scheduled biometrics appointment because they did a walk in.

I know another member who had their AOS approved in 37 days (no RFE's, no interview, no expedite) and she had done a walk-in.

So it's certain that it DOES make it faster (of course it would because you're doing things quicker which makes it possible to process quicker) but whether you'll NOTICE or not is another thing. Like I said, one member received their EAD before their scheduled biometrics date so that's obvious that it helped, but if you still got it after your scheduled biometrics date you wouldn't know whether it was just processed after that date, or because you did the biometrics earlier... I personally agree with walk-ins but then my office is 3 hours away so it's risky!

Timeline

I know of at least one member that received their EAD BEFORE their scheduled biometrics appointment because they did a walk in.

I know another member who had their AOS approved in 37 days (no RFE's, no interview, no expedite) and she had done a walk-in.

So it's certain that it DOES make it faster (of course it would because you're doing things quicker which makes it possible to process quicker) but whether you'll NOTICE or not is another thing. Like I said, one member received their EAD before their scheduled biometrics date so that's obvious that it helped, but if you still got it after your scheduled biometrics date you wouldn't know whether it was just processed after that date, or because you did the biometrics earlier... I personally agree with walk-ins but then my office is 3 hours away so it's risky!

You are right! I might never know until I had the EAD. I did not intend to do a walk in earlier, what happened is that the NOA for the EAD and AP was returned in the mail so after a lots of calls and one info pass, someone finally called me back with answers. I ask them to send it again and then they told me that my appointment for the biometrics was in 2 days, since we did not have the letter in our hands they decide to change it without my permission. I told the guy in the phone DO NOT CHANGE IT I will try to walk in without a letter, then when we walk in they told me "your appointment is the 16 of April" so yes he did change it. Since we were there already they told me "we can do it" very friendly! I was surprised cause I did not even had the letter for the appointment and they let us in and everything. Hopefully my EAD will be here soon, I am sick of being in the house doing nothing jajaja. Thank you for replying!!!

Pamela

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The joys of the process not being transparent or tracking everything, huh. :)

Yeah precisely, driving long distances aren't that appealing if there's little or no feedback/reviews to be found from that specific office - we could've gone a week earlier but receiving the EAD a week earlier wasn't that big of a deal to me. Same thing goes for the greencard right now - I'd be happy to have it in my palms but I got the EAD/AP so no rush really. However a walk-in a month earlier is a different matter (as you point out with receiving EAD before the original appointment).

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.