shaima

they are asking for evidence when i don't have it and i can't provide

9 posts in this topic

OK i posted a topic 6 months ago i sent my i-751 in September got my bio-metric done it, a month later they requested proof of evidence from third party !!! i don't have that kinda evidence cuz there was no one with me in ny to see what happened exactly to me, plus we didn't do any joint banks didn't have anything in my or his name he was so cheap he couldn't provide food for me i had to go to a welfare office to get food stamps and i already told the uscis the whole exact story why are they asking for evidence recently i got a letter from them saying they are going to interview me and they want me to bring along with me as much evidence as i can .. i honestly dont have it and can't provide any evidence, the way he treated me they way him and his family abused me my only witness in this case is GOD !!! i have no idea what to do i tried to hire a lawyer he asked for 8 thousand i also dont have it cuz i barely started my new job !!!! please anyone any suggestions on what should i do when i go for this interview in the letter that they sent they say that it's gonna be for adjudication, so i guess there gonna rule on my case.. anyone have anything to say please ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know your situation but it doesn't sound very good. The best thing to do is bring evidence from before you were married to prove that your marriage was real (at least at the beginning) and not just for a visa. Did you ever visit a doctor? Do you know anyone that could sign an affidavit about the things you told them?

Try to understand that the government is going to say the purpose of getting the visa was so that you could be with your husband and live your lives together here. If he never really treated you like his wife, you don't know anyone here who you talked to or explained your situation to, no one helped you, and you have been using government assistance - why stay here?

If you have been in the U.S. for 2 years and don't know anyone other than your husband's family who doesn't want to help you, but you have family in Jordan it is a lot easier for them to deny the removal of conditions.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am sorry but it doesn't look good for you. try to find some evidence when your husband was doing the visa paperwork to bring you in to the united states. it might help or it might not help. any bills in both of your names, just tell the uscis the truth and they might direct you in the right direction. once again, i am sorry that this had happen to you. good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Are you still in your husbands house or are you living elsewhere ? Do you go to chuch ? DO you talk to the clerk at the store ? There may be someone who is slipping your mind that you can get help from.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

If they say they want evidence then they want evidence. Someone, anyone who can verify your story and that you entered this country with legitimate intentions of marriage is what you need. It sounds like without that you may be facing deportation.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

If they say they want evidence then they want evidence. Someone, anyone who can verify your story and that you entered this country with legitimate intentions of marriage is what you need. It sounds like without that you may be facing deportation.

I live with my family here in texas and when all that stuff happened to me they were the ones who helped me get out from buffalo since then i went back to school got my license and moved on i can let my brothers and sister right down everything and get it notarized but i was tellin them over the phone does that count and i sent the police reports .. i also have the doctor that helped me when i was in the hospital he called the police he believed they got me my things back from my in laws does that count as proof if he does an affadavid ??? other then that i don't have it ... just wish me luck ya'll THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you have copies of all of the police reports?

for a ROC case filed because of a divorce, having those police reports can be quite handy.

also, a sworn affadavit from the doctor that treated you will go a long way, in addition to the police reports.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

you have copies of all of the police reports?

for a ROC case filed because of a divorce, having those police reports can be quite handy.

also, a sworn affadavit from the doctor that treated you will go a long way, in addition to the police reports.

THANX ALL I APPRECIATE UR REPLIES I'LL KEEP YOU GUY'S UPDATED ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET MY APPOINTMENT WISH ME LUCK =) I'LL TRY TO GET AS MUCH AS EVIDENCE AS I CAN

Shaima it sounds to me like the documents you have will suffice. Just make sure they are notarized and as official looking as possible.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.