brielena

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Ours was in "administrative review" for about 2 weeks, I suspect they were just doing a name check.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 4 weeks later...

Ours was in "administrative review" for about 2 weeks, I suspect they were just doing a name check.

At what point in the process do they normally do administartive reviews?

Administrative review is a normal process at both USCIS, NVC and consulate levels. The time it takes to review each case varies depending on name hits, national security issues (which includes country of beneficiary), immigration history etc etc.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

The others are right. In AR, they run a name check to make sure you are who you say you are. With the thousands of petitions they deal with, it takes about two weeks. Good luck. ;)

05/2005 - Met on line

06/20/05 - first serious e-mails

01/15/06 - traveled to China to meet Yonghua and family

02/24/06 - I-129 F sent (K1 visa) Laguna

03/01/06 - I-129 F delivered at USCIS

03/06/06 - I-129F received date (check processed)

03/07/06 - NOA1 issued

03/10/06 - NOA1 received

06/23/06 - Notice date on RFE

06/28/06 - RFE for IMBRA received and mailed back to CSC

06/30/06 - RFE received at CSC

09/08/06 - NOA2 notice date

09/12/06 - received NOA2 in mail

10/02/06 - received and case number issued at NVC

10/19/06 - Case sent to Consulate in Guangzhou

- update -

05/22/07 - Visa approved

06/15/07 - SO arrives at LAX

07/07/07 - Married

07/24/07 - AOS filed

Filed: Timeline

I've been married before (via K1 Visa) but got divorced when things didn't work out, so I wasn't able to process my Adjustment of Status (I-485), so I went back to the Philippines, After 2 years, I met my fiancee and he petitioned me (K1 also). During my interview on July 28, 2006, I was asked to submit a copy of my previous I-485 (Adjustment of Status) but I don't have a copy of it so I just submitted a letter of explaination last Aug 31, 2006. I just called the US Embassy Manila and they said "It is still under review. Just wait." Is this document required for approval? Cannot they look up that information in their system? I made a request to the National Records Center for a copy of my I-485 I submitted back in 2001 from my first marriage but the doc request list waiting time is so long (1yr). My fiancee asked for the congressman's help but the request still on process. What shall I do next?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
our case finally made it to nvs,, i called and spoke with a very nice man,, he told me "the case was under administrative review",, does anyone know what this means?

As I understand it, while your file is at NVC it is per se in admin. review. Generally takes about 2 weeks absent some issue arising with name or criminal record, etc.

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

the avg time for ar/ap ####### can last long and it hasd no definite time frame it can be completed anytime any minute or a second,, i m on ar for the last ten months

• 3 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info on this thread, particularly Pirate Queen. What a rollercoaster this process is! I think I will have to have my adrenal glands replaced by the time my husband makes it to the U.S.!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.