Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2012

4,691 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I'm not sure if this is true or not, or even applies to this situation, but I remember reading a long time ago, that consulates/embassies put aside certain weeks/months for certain visas. So, for example, K1s get the first two weeks of each month while IR-1/CR-1s get the last two weeks, or K1s get every even month for interviews while IR-1/CR-1s get every odd month for interviews. JUST AN EXAMPLE THOUGH. Just something to think about.

Really? Well, I don't think Paris is so busy that they need this kind of planning. Plus from the reviews I read, K1s and CR1s are interviewing on the same days (see Allegra's review). I'm happy for them but it's really frustrating, even for me, so I can only imagine for someone who already waited over 6 months at the USCIS stage and sees K1s being approved while they original filing date was like 4 months later than theirs...

Bitter mode off!

In Paraguay, they only schedule IR-1/CR-1 interviews for the first week of each month, I guess since there are so few. So I'm really hoping for a case closed soon; I don't want to wait til May for an interview!

Well, now that you mention that, IR1/CR1 reviews I found were for the last week of the month. I'll look into that! I think there are very few of us in Paris too.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

In Paraguay, they only schedule IR-1/CR-1 interviews for the first week of each month, I guess since there are so few. So I'm really hoping for a case closed soon; I don't want to wait til May for an interview!

If they only schedule interviews for IR-1/CR-1s for the first week of each month in Paraguay, then you still have a chance at an April interview :)

Really? Well, I don't think Paris is so busy that they need this kind of planning. Plus from the reviews I read, K1s and CR1s are interviewing on the same days (see Allegra's review). I'm happy for them but it's really frustrating, even for me, so I can only imagine for someone who already waited over 6 months at the USCIS stage and sees K1s being approved while they original filing date was like 4 months later than theirs...

Bitter mode off!

Well, now that you mention that, IR1/CR1 reviews I found were for the last week of the month. I'll look into that! I think there are very few of us in Paris too.

Hmm, perhaps you should go look at the immigration timeline feature on VJ and look closely at K1 and IR-1/CR-1 interview dates. Maybe you can find a trend or something...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Does the NVC payment portal accept American Express as a form of payment?

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

OMG, I'm afraid that my wife has to wait for a May date too....I really get anxious when I think about it.

I think we are all at that point. I am trying to get mine done asap to not have to wait till May interview, I am really hoping April so that we can celebrate our 1 year anniversary here!

YUPEEEEEE AOS shows as paid! Sending it out ASAP!

Alia & Jerald

USCIS

08/15/2011-----I-130 Sent

08/18/2011-----NOA1 email received

08/22/2011-----NOA1 Hard copy received

02/15/2012-----NOA2 APPROVED ( GREAT VALENTINE'S DAY PRESENT!)

NVC

02/20/2012-------Case received at NVC

02/28/2012------- Case number received

02/28/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

03/02/2012------- DS 3032 returned to beneficiery

03/02/2012------- DS 3032 resent to NVC

03/02/2012------- AOS fee bill paid

03/05/2012------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID"

03/07/2012------- DS 3032 accepted e-mail by NVC

03/08/2012------- IV fee bill invoiced

03/08/2012------- IV fee bill paid

03/16/2012------- CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!

04/11/2012------- Interview Date Schedule for MAY 7TH

Does the NVC payment portal accept American Express as a form of payment?

You can only pay fees with a US banking account. No visas are accepted.

I think we are all at that point. I am trying to get mine done asap to not have to wait till May interview, I am really hoping April so that we can celebrate our 1 year anniversary here!

Grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

Thanks Saylin for your feedback and for this great, great, great, FAQ. I truly appreciate and I am benefiting a lot from the FAQ's.

I'm glad! :)

Congrats...Fedex would be good idea.

USCIS
07/26/2011---- I-130 Sent
02/10/2012---- Approved
Your I-130 was approved in 196 days from your NOA1 date

NVC
02/13/2012---- NVC Received (3 days after NOA2 approval)
03/09/2012---- NVC Case Completed
NVC Journey 29 days

Interview
04/09/2012---- Interview assigned 17 MAY2012 (30 days after NVC CC)

04/11/2012---- Visa issued and Passport stamped received ( US Consulate Casablanca, Morocco)

POE

05/14/2012---YAY!!

......2 years - 90 days later....

ROC

02/15/2014--- standing by to send ROC packet.

02/25/2014--- ROC packer received.

03/26/2014--- Finger prints

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just one more question:

I have received the automated response to the Choice of Agent email sent from the beneficiary's email. Does that mean it's not rejected or should there be something else I might be receiving in few days.?

casetimeline_Page_1-1.jpg

casetimeline_Page_2-2.jpg

Just one more question:

I have received the automated response to the Choice of Agent email sent from the beneficiary's email. Does that mean it's not rejected or should there be something else I might be receiving in few days.?

That was only an auto reply acknowledgment from NVC. You should receive and different email later on.

USCIS
07/26/2011---- I-130 Sent
02/10/2012---- Approved
Your I-130 was approved in 196 days from your NOA1 date

NVC
02/13/2012---- NVC Received (3 days after NOA2 approval)
03/09/2012---- NVC Case Completed
NVC Journey 29 days

Interview
04/09/2012---- Interview assigned 17 MAY2012 (30 days after NVC CC)

04/11/2012---- Visa issued and Passport stamped received ( US Consulate Casablanca, Morocco)

POE

05/14/2012---YAY!!

......2 years - 90 days later....

ROC

02/15/2014--- standing by to send ROC packet.

02/25/2014--- ROC packer received.

03/26/2014--- Finger prints

Just one more question:

You said it yourself, it's just an auto-response. It means nothing except that your email went through successfully. No one has seen it.

In a few days (sometime this week), you'll either get an acceptance or rejection email.

Acceptance = IV bill invoiced soon

Rejection = Re-send the email

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Saylin & TangoBravo,

Thanx for your quick response.

Saylin,

I would like to get your opinion about my affidavit of support that I will be filing soon. I would like to share with you and get your expert advice on it. Can I post it here, it would be an off-topic though!

casetimeline_Page_1-1.jpg

casetimeline_Page_2-2.jpg

well today makes 5 days since NOA2 no letter from usc....... do they bother to send any letter? how soon do i contact NVC? by the way great advice on this thread!!

Please go read the first two posts in this thread. All your questions are answered there :)

Saylin & TangoBravo,

Thanx for your quick response.

Saylin,

I would like to get your opinion about my affidavit of support that I will be filing soon. I would like to share with you and get your expert advice on it. Can I post it here, it would be an off-topic though!

Well, since the AOS is part of the NVC process, it's definitely not off-topic in this thread! Post it here; it might even help others!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We just received our NOA2 notification by text/email last Friday March 2nd. From recent timelines it would seem that NVC is taking about 10-14 days from the time of the NOA2 to receive the I-130 petitions from USCIS and assign a case number and IIN. I have read through the NVC wiki and think I have everything ready to go but had a few questions that I wanted to clarify.

In our case there are two visa applicants, one is my wife and the other is my step-daughter who is 5 years old. They intend to immigrate at the same time.

For the AOS it is my understanding that I will pay one AOS fee but will be required to submit 2 copies of the I-864 document along with 2 copies of the supporting documentation.

For the IV it is my understanding that I will pay the IV fee twice and will be required to submit a completed DS-230 for my wife and a DS-230 for my step-daughter. The part that I am not sure about is how many copies of the documents I will need to submit with each. Here is what i'm currently planning to submit:

Original Marriage Certificate plus one photocopy (wife)

Original Birth Certificate for my wife plus one photocopy (wife)

Original Birth Certificate for my step-daughter plus one photocopy (step-daughter)

Original Divorce Certificate for my previous marriage plus one photocopy (wife)

Original Divorce Certificate for my wife's previous marriage plus one photocopy (wife)

Original Police Certificate for my wife plus one photocopy (wife)

Copy of biographic page of passport for my wife (wife)

Copy of biographic page of passport for my step-daughter (step-daughter)

2 passport size photos of my wife (wife)

2 passport size photos of my step-daughter (step-daughter)

I am also planning to include English translations of the foreign documents even though they probably aren't required, because I already have them from my I-130 petitions. We also have a notarized document signed by the father of my step-daughter giving us permission to take her out of Chile. I don't think the NVC will need this but we plan to bring it with us to the interview.

What i'm unsure of is if I need to provide additional copies of the marriage and/or divorce certificates since they might require a set for my wife's application and another set for my step-daughter's application. If they do want a set for each do I need two original documents and two photocopies?

Thanks in advance!

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.