GaryC

What does your NOA2 say?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Gary,

Someone told me (probably my attorney) that K1 cases used to be sent directly to consulates . Then they changed the procedure and started routing them through NVC. You may research if this is really true. If so, I am wondering if CSC used an old form letter for your NOA2. Whether that is a problem, only embassy or USCIS can tell. Best Wishes.

Vibha

I had read this on the USCIS website, can't remember where though. They claimed they were having problems with lost petitions and this was suppose to help with that. I can't quite see the strategy in it, seems to me that this will double the chance of lost mail, but then again, nothing the government does seems to make sense.

:lol:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

I found out JUST NOW NVC is the one that gets our cases first........They ran security checks and they assigned it a number!! woo hoo!! To the embassy it goes, I have been pestering everyone today....I guess the best advise is KEEP CALLING until someone gives you a straight answer!! I was told if your embassy case # is not on your NOA2 then it wasn't send directly there!!

Good luck and God Bless

I 130 mailed 7/3/06 rec'v 7/5/06

I-130 NOA1 7/10/06

129f mailed 7/18/06 rec'v 7/19/06

129f NOA1 7/24/06

I130 NOA2 9/25/06 rec'v paper NOA2 9/30/06

129f NOA2 9/26/06 rec'v paper NOA2 10/01/06

NVC rec'v I130 and case # assig'd 10/01/06

NVC rec'v 129f and case # assig'd 10/04/06

K3 Fowarded to Emabassy 10/05/06

K3 rec'v by Embassy 10/12/06

Medical 10/17/2006

Flight to SDO 10/25/2006

Interview date 10/26/06 APPROVED!!

Returned on 10/28/06

Visa Paasport was Picked up 11/13/06

My hubby entered 11/15/06

POE is JFK

Torture is finally over!!

AOS Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I found out JUST NOW NVC is the one that gets our cases first........They ran security checks and they assigned it a number!! woo hoo!! To the embassy it goes, I have been pestering everyone today....I guess the best advise is KEEP CALLING until someone gives you a straight answer!! I was told if your embassy case # is not on your NOA2 then it wasn't send directly there!!

Good luck and God Bless

Yeah I thought the samething that the NVC gets our cases unless as noted your NOA2 has a case number for the embassy that your case is going to.

I-751 10yr Green Card

01-07-10 Approval Letter for the 10yr Green Card

01-15-10 Production Email Regarding the Green Card from USCIS

01-28-10 Green Card received from USCIS

US Citizenship

10-19-10 Mailed N-400 packet to Texas via Priority Mail

10-22-10 Packet was delivered after being forwarded to Dallas

10-27-10 Check was finally cashed by USCIS

10-30-10 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) Received

11-02-10 RFE Text Message, and Email Received (Must be the Biometrics)

11-08-10 Biometrics Letter Received for 11/17/2010

11-17-10 Biometrics was done with in five minutes of reaching at 8:00am

12-06-10 Testing, and Interview email status received via email from USCIS with information to expect a letter shortly with appoinment time.

1-13-11 Interview Passed with form N-652 checked [box A] with congrats you have been recommended for finally approval.

1-13-11 USCIS JAX officer said the Oath letter will come in two or three months.

2-23-11 Oath Ceremony Letter was received for March 17th for 9am in the GNV Federal Court House

3-17-11 Oath Certificate was received at the oath ceremony, and appointment made for US passport for Monday 3-21-11.

I just called the USCIS again and talked to a supervisor. He said that unless they changed something and didn't tell him (IMBRA anyone?) that ALL K-1's still go through the NVC. He had no explanation for the wording on my NOA2, he had no explanation for what the NVC told me and he could not explain why the first level support at the USCIS told me what they did. I think I going to be sick. :dead: After 6 months of waiting for my NOA2 and a month so far waiting for the NVC to get my case, now this!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So could he tell you the exact whereabouts of your petition and what would happen if it was sent directly to the embassy - would that create any problem for you? Can you get confirmation from the embassy that it is indeed there?

So could he tell you the exact whereabouts of your petition and what would happen if it was sent directly to the embassy - would that create any problem for you? Can you get confirmation from the embassy that it is indeed there?

Both the NVC and the USCIS said there is no way to know where my petition is. It could be sitting at the CSC, sitting at the NVC, somewhere in between or on it's way to Manila. :angry: My lawyer is sending an inquiry to Manila to see if it made there. My only hope is that it's still at the CSC or on it's way to the NVC. Without a MNL case number it's unlikely that the Manila embassy will do anything with it.

AARRRGGG!!!!! What does the CSC have against me????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK so this is the last thing you want to hear but . . . hang in there. Your lawyer can make the inquiry and get you some kind of definitive answer. If it is not in Manila and not at the NVC, you can contact the senator's office to go back to CSC and find out what happened. I really think this will resolve itself in a matter of a few days. I hope you can get through it without going totally crazy as you and Luz have had MORE than enough of this #######. Fingers crossed for ya Gary!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Both the NVC and the USCIS said there is no way to know where my petition is. It could be sitting at the CSC, sitting at the NVC, somewhere in between or on it's way to Manila. :angry: My lawyer is sending an inquiry to Manila to see if it made there. My only hope is that it's still at the CSC or on it's way to the NVC. Without a MNL case number it's unlikely that the Manila embassy will do anything with it.

AARRRGGG!!!!! What does the CSC have against me????

Same Same Gary :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I just called the USCIS again and talked to a supervisor. He said that unless they changed something and didn't tell him (IMBRA anyone?) that ALL K-1's still go through the NVC. He had no explanation for the wording on my NOA2, he had no explanation for what the NVC told me and he could not explain why the first level support at the USCIS told me what they did. I think I going to be sick. :dead: After 6 months of waiting for my NOA2 and a month so far waiting for the NVC to get my case, now this!!!!

Gary, I am willing to bet that the just imputed the wording incorrect on your NOA2. They approved so many petitions that week/and day, just mixed up the key stroke. NVC just reveived mine today and assigned the case number to us. Call them again tonight, and see, also call tomorrow too (NVC). Don't tell them about the wording when you call, as it will confuse them for sure. I think you will get good news in the next 24 hours.

August-December 2004---------Together my baby.

June 2005-----------Together again.

November 2005-----Together again.

March 2006---------Together again.

July 2006------------Together again.

October-November 2006-------Together again.

April 28, 2006--------NOA1.

May 2006-------------IMBRA.

May 27, 2006--------Touched.

June 1, 2006---------Touched.

June 2, 2006---------Touched.

June 3, 2006---------Touched.

June 14, 2006-------Touched.

June 15, 2006-------Touched.

June 16, 2006-------Touched.

June 17, 2006-------Touched.

July 3, 2006---------Touched.

July 4, 2006---------Touched.

July 5, 2006---------Touched.

July 18, 2006--------Touched.

July 22, 2006--------Received IMBRA RFE.

July 24, 2006--------RFE returned Next Day Air to CSC.

July 25, 2006--------CSC receives RFE.

August 1, 2006------Touched 3 times.

August 1, 2006------Preliminary processing completed email.

August 2, 2006------Touched.

August 3, 2006------Touched.

August 7, 2006------Touched.

September 7, 2006---Touched.

September 7, 2006---Approved.

September 8, 2006---Touched.

September 11, 2006--Receive NOA2.

October 12, 2006-----Left NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.