Samantha78

He's Gone ;(

209 posts in this topic

Well, for those who saw my post earlier this week and all of the drama.....he decided last night that he wasn't in love with me anymore and didn't want to be with me. He left my house and returned today with police to get his things. There's a ton of ugliness in between last nght and now that happened but emotionally, I can't relive that right now so I'll omit that. But I will say that it was discovered he was in fact using me for the visa and this entire marriage was a lie, for him. My heart is broken but I know this is for the better. I called ICE and filed my fraud complaint and will follow through with the remaining steps.

I guess that the breaking point was when he had his friend confront me and tell me that I'm a crazy ###### if I thought any Dominican man would love an ugly gringa like me. And that he got what he wanted, the visa, so it was best to leave him alone now.

The rest of my day consisted of an overwhelming amount of messages and emails from his family offering money not to report him. Smh.

I know I'm crazy but I still love him. It absolutely kills me that he's done this and that I have to second guess all of the beautiful moments we had together. I may never get the answers I want but I'll have peace and that's most important.

I want to thank everyone so much for all of their advice while I've been on here. This is an amazing site.

My journey ends here ......

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Sam, I don't know what to say. I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. Please PM me if you need to talk. Wow. It def makes me think twice about my relationship. This is crazy.

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Steph honey, I'm soooooooooo hurt. You know I love him and that I tried. But I guess he didn't feel the same. It makes me cry to repeat it but it's the truth and I have to face it.

Filed: Timeline

Well, for those who saw my post earlier this week and all of the drama.....he decided last night that he wasn't in love with me anymore and didn't want to be with me. He left my house and returned today with police to get his things. There's a ton of ugliness in between last nght and now that happened but emotionally, I can't relive that right now so I'll omit that. But I will say that it was discovered he was in fact using me for the visa and this entire marriage was a lie, for him. My heart is broken but I know this is for the better. I called ICE and filed my fraud complaint and will follow through with the remaining steps.

I guess that the breaking point was when he had his friend confront me and tell me that I'm a crazy ###### if I thought any Dominican man would love an ugly gringa like me. And that he got what he wanted, the visa, so it was best to leave him alone now.

The rest of my day consisted of an overwhelming amount of messages and emails from his family offering money not to report him. Smh.

I know I'm crazy but I still love him. It absolutely kills me that he's done this and that I have to second guess all of the beautiful moments we had together. I may never get the answers I want but I'll have peace and that's most important.

I want to thank everyone so much for all of their advice while I've been on here. This is an amazing site.

OMG...I am so sorry for you hun...I am praying for you...this is very sad...I am sorry this has happened...If you need to vent or talk I will give u my number to call me...Sometimes I need this myself as my sis-in-law has flipped out on me...God bless you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh my gosh, I am so sad to read this, breaks my heart. and your a beautiful person, so sorry this happened. :( I hope more than anything one day you find a person that explodes with love for you...sending you lots of hugs.

OMG...I am so sorry for you hun...I am praying for you...this is very sad...I am sorry this has happened...If you need to vent or talk I will give u my number to call me...Sometimes I need this myself as my sis-in-law has flipped out on me...God bless you!

;(((( thank u. I appreciate that. I'm trying to figure out how I can get to sleep tonight knowing I'll never wake up to him again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG

you are better off you just dont feel it right now

Please take care of yourself!!!!

This was literally my face when i read your post

:o :o :o :o

I am praying you will find your true happiness (L)

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Oh my gosh, I am so sad to read this, breaks my heart. and your a beautiful person, so sorry this happened. :( I hope more than anything one day you find a person that explodes with love for you...sending you lots of hugs.

I can't even imagine being with someone else ;((( this is a nightmare.

OMG

you are better off you just dont feel it right now

Please take care of yourself!!!!

This was literally my face when i read your post

:o :o :o :o

I am praying you will find your true happiness (L)

Thank you ;(((((((

Do not delete emails and phone messages offering not to report him. You may need them if he files under VAWA and claim you abused him. You will need those messages to protect yourself.

Thanks. The officer on the ICE hotline said the same thing. The best thing that could have happened was them sending those messages.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sam, I'm sorry to hear your genuine love was taken advantage of and you were used for immigration purposes. The healing process can start now that you know the truth.

Best wishes as you recover from the fraud and hurt you've experienced.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those very messages might be the nails in his immigration coffin.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

All mail that is addressed to him should be sent back un-open, party no longer reside at this address. Do not open or hold his mail.

My heart feels for you.

I am so sorry for what has happened to you.

I have read so many of your posts and it seems a great injustice that you have been treated this way. You have been through so much already.

I so badly wanted to respond to some of your early posts, especially the latest one about how your spouse had changed but I just did not know what to say or truly what I thought the right action was.

I really do hope you followup and report him as commiting fraud. I hope he is deported and I truly hope he is banned from the US so that he may never do this to anyone else.

Try to get as much evidence as you can to prove that is was a fraudulent marriage, keep a record of these forums and your posts these might help as you have documented his actions, keep a record of his family contacting you and offering you money to not report him, surely that is ILLEGAL as well. Call them, email them, get proof. Can you get any of his friends to sms you saying something to the effect of "he was just using you for the visa", it sounds like you already have that.

Try not to be sad "knowing you will not wake up next to him" you now know what he is really like. You DO NOT want to wake up next to a liar, fraudster and someone so calous as to use someone as seemingly lovely as yourself!

Please know that my heart is with you and if you ever need someone to talk to or just someone to listen, please PM me.

I don't have too much evidence but according to the ICE officer, what I have is good. When they offered money I just responded that they were crazy. That this wasn't about money it was love and a future together. And then right at the end of the conversation with ICE, she says, oh yea, don't be surprised if you're offered money. Then I explained that I was and she documented that. I feel so foolish ;(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.