StupidJourney

I know touches don't mean anything

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

But.. OMG I was touched today!!!!!!!

I get off of work at 9, and I hope and pray that I have an email when i get back...

please let today be the day!!!!!

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will be looking foward to your comment after 9 to let us know what you discover in your email! :)

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck for some good news tonight!!!

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I get off of work at 9, and I hope and pray that I have an email when i get back...

Oh my gosh, Liz!! Me, too!! I was actually TOUCHED today! O.K...so my approval yesterday turned out not to be real...but this touch is certifiable...Currently on the USCIS site, I'm staring at something other than my NOA1 date for the first time since...well, since my NOA1 date!! No email so far, but maybe one day soon...

Here's hoping big things are on the way for both of us... :thumbs::thumbs:

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you only receive an Email if there is a "change in status" on USCIS site. If only the date changed, then it is a Touch. If the date changed, and the information when you clicked on your case number had changed, thenyou get an Email. The information under your case would either state an Approval was sent, or an RFE Request for evidence.

Please check USCIS again and look for any change from your case number link ;)

A Quick Note: We received are NOA2 Approval by regular old mail on 9/25/06 and our status still hasn't changed at USCIS. SO I hope you go home and find a NOA2 approval in the MAIL BOX. It does happen:))))

Edited by LuvLife

Timeline

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you only receive an Email if there is a "change in status" on USCIS site. If only the date changed, then it is a Touch. If the date changed, and the information when you clicked on your case number had changed, thenyou get an Email. The information under your case would either state an Approval was sent, or an RFE Request for evidence.

LuvLife...Thanks for the refresher course, but fear not...It's actually not necessary. Liz and I are already well aware. We're just hopeful that there will soon be movement on our case one way or another. Liz herself said, "I know that touches don't mean anything." We're just trying to stay positive is all. :D

Edited by Kirsten L

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

I'm still untouched since August 19th (which is when I believe my cheque was cashed). I know they don't mean anything really but still it would be nice! :whistle:

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It's always excited when you know something is happen to your case.

Although touch doesn't mean anything, at least you know someone had something to do with your case. And wish you will be approved sooner than later!

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

LuvLife...Thanks for the refresher course, but fear not...It's actually not necessary. Liz and I are already well aware. We're just hopeful that there will soon be movement on our case one way or another. Liz herself said, "I know that touches don't mean anything." We're just trying to stay positive is all. :D

:wacko: Oh please! It hasn't even been 60 days yet for either of you. But I hope you both get your N0A2 soon because I'm about ready to boycott this place until you do. There's this thing called LIFE and it shouldn't stop just because you've filed a I-129F.

Timeline
:wacko: Oh please! It hasn't even been 60 days yet for either of you. But I hope you both get your N0A2 soon because I'm about ready to boycott this place until you do. There's this thing called LIFE and it shouldn't stop just because you've filed a I-129F.

Hmmm...I don't really see what's wrong with a little excitement or an attempt to be positive about one's case. I also don't think either Liz or I has stopped living...We both work every day. We both have responsibilities that we fulfill. We both still laugh, cry, have pulses, burp, poop, and all the rest of it. Yup, last time I checked, Liz and I were both still very much alive and carrying on... :lol:

Is something eating at you, jasal? You're not usually testy like this...Anything I can do to help...? I'm here if you need me. :)

I just would like the comfort in knowing that someone looked at my case "officially" :lol:

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Timeline
I just would like the comfort in knowing that someone looked at my case "officially" :lol:

Exactly! :yes::yes::yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hmmm...I don't really see what's wrong with a little excitement or an attempt to be positive about one's case. I also don't think either Liz or I has stopped living...We both work every day. We both have responsibilities that we fulfill. We both still laugh, cry, have pulses, burp, poop, and all the rest of it. Yup, last time I checked, Liz and I were both still very much alive and carrying on... :lol:

Is something eating at you, jasal? You're not usually testy like this...Anything I can do to help...? I'm here if you need me. :)

Kirsten you crack me up!! And I think it actually has been over 60 days for me? NOA1 August 1. All of August is 31, September is 30, plus three days in October makes 64, correct? So have a passed the golden milemarker where I'm allowed to be excited?

Oh by the way, no approval... yet! :whistle:

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline
Kirsten you crack me up!! And I think it actually has been over 60 days for me? NOA1 August 1. All of August is 31, September is 30, plus three days in October makes 64, correct? So have I passed the golden milemarker where I'm allowed to be excited?

Oh by the way, no approval... yet! :whistle:

Tee hee hee... Glad to provide a chuckle around this joint, Liz...especially to you, one of my filing buddies!

Yes, I think you're absolutely allowed to be excited. But heck, I think anyone's entitled to be excited anytime around here. I'm just completely lax, I guess... Maybe it would be better to ask one of the local VJ police... :lol::lol::lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.