one...two...tree

Honest opinions please

81 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I haven't read all the responses on this thread (and I don't think I will) .. but Steven, you have two choices: let her go and pretend to be pleased about it OR have her wear a wire so you can listen in while she's at the party.

hahahahahahahahaaaaaa :P

It's a pain trying to be a grownup.

Party Naked whenever you can. it helps to stay young. "grownup" is societical speach for conformity.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I hate when people say "I trust my fiance, just not the other people at the party..."

####### does that mean? So really - what you're saying is you DONT trust your fiance...ok so you don't trust other people - they make a move on him or her or whatever...but if you trust your SO you know they'll do the right thing...

That statement makes no sense.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Trust is trust, drunk or sober it really doesn't matter in my opinion.

I hate when people say "I trust my fiance, just not the other people at the party..."

####### does that mean? So really - what you're saying is you DONT trust your fiance...ok so you don't trust other people - they make a move on him or her or whatever...but if you trust your SO you know they'll do the right thing...

:yes: exactly!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sexual assault happens more often than most of us are aware of and most often involves the perpetrator being under the influence. If my friend's fiancee carried a .45 at her side, he'd be less concerned, but given that it's a remote area with no phones or police, he wouldn't want her to be in a situation that something terrible could happen. Perhaps he's overly protective, but to me it's common sense.

60% of all rape victims know their assailants.

1 in 4 women are victims of rape.

It's sad to think about it but it's reality.

Timeline

"grownup" is societical speach for conformity.

It is? I'm the biggest non-conformist there ever was. Maybe that's why I struggle. ;)

Me too! Wife wont let me wear my Batman shirt anymore (remembered that seein yer ava)

Filed: Other Timeline

It is? I'm the biggest non-conformist there ever was. Maybe that's why I struggle. ;)

Me too! Wife wont let me wear my Batman shirt anymore (remembered that seein yer ava)

...hee hee....that'd be my husband in the Batman shirt....(didja catch his little 'cuppa' too)?

...my shirt's the one that says 'witchy woman'..... :P

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

so you think your fiancee is going to get raped at her HS reunion?? I mean she could get raped walking home from work...going to the store, I mean any number of things...so can you just lock her up until your visa is approved??

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

just tell she can slide down the Bat Pole. :P

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Daniel

Holy BatShtman. . . . Oh I mean Holy shtbatman :lol:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My "friend" has a fiancee from England who will be attending a party in Wales on Halloween. My friend's fiancee will be dressed in a somewhat sexy manner (depending on your tastes....think "Morticia"), and has been known to drink too much at times. Since it is a bit of distance from London to Wales, and the fiancee doesn't drive, she will be staying at the host's house.

My "friend" has no reservations about it at all, and hopes that his fiancee has a good time at the party. He trusts her completely, and only regrets that he can't be at the party with her.

My friend doesn't worry about "what ifs" in regard to infidelity. Doing so implies a lack of trust, and as mentioned, he has no trust issues with his fiancee.

Well, to me it sounds as if your friend's fiancee is a lucky girl in that you trust her so much. Ah nuts to all this "my friend" "your friends" hullaballoo. Glad you trust me Snookydimple :P . Of course, the party is also being filmed and being put onto YouTube. It is also going to be full of Welsh people, so even if I WANTED to pull someone, I'd be in competition with all those darned sheep. :lol:

Btw, "has been known to drink too much at times"???? Cheeky buggar!

To the OP, let her go, you either trust her or you don't. If you don't then what sort of start to a relationship is this? Look at it this way, if she DOES get off with someone and you find out about it then at least you know NOW, rather than 10 years down the line....

Just my opinion.

Timeline

...hee hee....that'd be my husband in the Batman shirt....(didja catch his little 'cuppa' too)?

...my shirt's the one that says 'witchy woman'..... :P

yeah saw that... think yer hub n I get along... batman n coffee... :D

Daniel

I'm already a pervert apparently :P

Filed: Other Timeline

My "friend" has a fiancee from England who will be attending a party in Wales on Halloween. My friend's fiancee will be dressed in a somewhat sexy manner (depending on your tastes....think "Morticia"), and has been known to drink too much at times. Since it is a bit of distance from London to Wales, and the fiancee doesn't drive, she will be staying at the host's house.

My "friend" has no reservations about it at all, and hopes that his fiancee has a good time at the party. He trusts her completely, and only regrets that he can't be at the party with her.

My friend doesn't worry about "what ifs" in regard to infidelity. Doing so implies a lack of trust, and as mentioned, he has no trust issues with his fiancee.

Well, to me it sounds as if your friend's fiancee is a lucky girl in that you trust her so much. Ah nuts to all this "my friend" "your friends" hullaballoo. Glad you trust me Snookydimple :P . Of course, the party is also being filmed and being put onto YouTube. It is also going to be full of Welsh people, so even if I WANTED to pull someone, I'd be in competition with all those darned sheep. :lol:

Btw, "has been known to drink too much at times"???? Cheeky buggar!

To the OP, let her go, you either trust her or you don't. If you don't then what sort of start to a relationship is this? Look at it this way, if she DOES get off with someone and you find out about it then at least you know NOW, rather than 10 years down the line....

Just my opinion.

Aren't they cute as pie? :)

yeah saw that... think yer hub n I get along... batman n coffee... :D

....tea....that'd be tea...... :lol:

I think the 'oh, I trust you, I'm just worried you'll get raped' card is a red herring. Not that assault doesn't happen -- it does all too often -- but it seems to me that when 'I just don't trust your friends' is offered as an excuse, the real fear isn't rape, but that the fiancée will be swept off her feet by someone who is there, physical, and fun -- everything the fiancé isn't able to be due to distance. The 'temptation' thing, too; if your friend's fiancé is that susceptible to temptation, she should probably quit her job, too, as affairs often start at the workplace.

I went to my college reunion. It was a weekend. Two days overnight in the old dorms, lots of drinking & dancing. I was not going to miss out on seeing college friends who I spent four years with just because my ex-boyfriend (we'd been serious) was there and my fiancé might get worried. He was worried a little, but we dealt with it by ensuring I had my cell with me and would call once a night.

Seriously, my fiancé is a handsome young man who has a good job and goes out after work with the guys to shoot pool now and then. He could be poinking barmaids once a week. We talk every night, but sometimes I hang out with friends from the department and we go for drinks. Sometimes I even look attractive, surprising, I know, for an American! Hell, I could hang up the phone, go out, and bring home a hot doctor every night.

I don't, of course, and neither does he. But a reunion really doesn't change that.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07