dream85

How soon can I file K1 after a divorce and previous viza refusal

27 posts in this topic

Hi all and thank you in advance for your help.

So basically this is my story. I am a us citizen who married a Chinese girl in 2008 here in the USA /K2/ process. A year ago I met a girl online and fell in love with her. Last September when I got back from my trip to her country – Bulgaria, Eastern Europe I filled for a divorce. Last month I received my final divorce papers – on 4th of January. So my questions are as follows:

- Can I file for K 1 ? Should I wait a few months or can I do it now? Does it matter anyway?

- Can this in any way affect our approval?

My fiancée wanted to visit me in the USA but unfortunately she was refused a US visa – B2 tourist visa. Can this be a red flag?

Out relationship is real - we really love each other, we have seen each other twice - in her home country and abroad.

Thank you all

Regards,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So basically this is my story. I am a us citizen who married a Chinese girl in 2008 here in the USA /K2/ process. A year ago I met a girl online and fell in love with her. Last September when I got back from my trip to her country – Bulgaria, Eastern Europe I filled for a divorce. Last month I received my final divorce papers – on 4th of January. So my questions are as follows:

- Can I file for K 1 ? Should I wait a few months or can I do it now? Does it matter anyway?

My fiancée wanted to visit me in the USA but unfortunately she was refused a US visa – B2 tourist visa. Can this be a red flag?

Out relationship is real - we really love each other, we have seen each other twice - in her home country and abroad.

Thank you all

Regards,

Denial for a tourist visa is generally not a red flag but added to the definite red flag of meeting while already married to somebody whose immigration you petitioned for and sponsored so recently, it will add to the negatives. You can't change the circumstances of how or when you met the new woman, so I can't imagine how waiting to file the petition would give you any advantage. Be prepared for significant scrutiny of the validity of the current relationship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thank you all

Regards,

Correction my previous marriage was based on K3.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** judgemental post removed. Post constructive advice or do not post at all ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Correction my previous marriage was based on K3.

Makes no difference. Pushbrk is correct. You can file now. Waiting for a period, unless it is a long period will make no difference. Your fiancee should expect to be questioned about it at her interview. Your circumstances will have no effect on the petition.

If the tourist visa was denied for the usual reasons, no problem. If it was her 11th attempt at a tourist visa in the last 2 years and now, VOILA! she arrives with a K-1 application via a petitioner that was married to a foreign woman when she met him...OH YEAH! Big problem.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Makes no difference. Pushbrk is correct. You can file now. Waiting for a period, unless it is a long period will make no difference. Your fiancee should expect to be questioned about it at her interview. Your circumstances will have no effect on the petition.

If the tourist visa was denied for the usual reasons, no problem. If it was her 11th attempt at a tourist visa in the last 2 years and now, VOILA! she arrives with a K-1 application via a petitioner that was married to a foreign woman when she met him...OH YEAH! Big problem.

Thank you !

They refused her visa due to the fact that according to them she does not have strong relations to her country - simply meaning she was not marry or engaged last year. She was issued a J 1 visa in 2008 with no problems at all.

Timeline

Thank you !

They refused her visa due to the fact that according to them she does not have strong relations to her country - simply meaning she was not marry or engaged last year. She was issued a J 1 visa in 2008 with no problems at all.

Then that should not be an issue

It is crucial that THIS fiancee know ALL ABOUT your former wife because you can expect she will be asked about it. If her response is " :o #######?????!!!!!!" Not a good indication of a legitimate relationship.

Gary And Alla

Then that should not be an issue

It is crucial that THIS fiancee know ALL ABOUT your former wife because you can expect she will be asked about it. If her response is " :o #######?????!!!!!!" Not a good indication of a legitimate relationship.

Of course she knows about my previous marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Of course she knows about my previous marriage

hope this one works out .. for both of you..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Removed or not, it was funny.

Unless that girl is well-briefed there is a train in the tunnel. One thing those IO's do is check out timelines and this one is going to raise all kinds of red flags.

*** judgemental post removed. Post constructive advice or do not post at all ****

i don't get it.

Timeline

Not good enough.....does she know that you were courting her while you were still married?

The CO will know these timelines and may ask her about it.....as stated if she is surprised during the interview,that will not be good.

She may want to know these things.....more for her own personal decision making about her future than anything else.

Yeah true that. They are not always subtle with the questions either. It may well be presented as "Did you know your fiancee was having sex with other women while he was courting you" They may not be too specific about how many other women, etc.

The suggestion is that she be informed.

Gary And Alla

There is no need to be arrogant. I was physically separated with my ex-wife by the time I started my relationship with my current fiancée. Both my ex-wife and my fiancée knew for each other. I explained everthing to my fiancee - of course she was a litte disturbed but she knows everything.

People, as I said earlier – please, do not judge other people when you do not what the circumstances were.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You are just being forewarned about some of the realities that DO occur during the interviews....

and ensure your fiance is ready for an "arrogant" CO's questions, sometimes purposefully misleading or false just to gauge your fiance's reactions.....and be easy to accept the CO's decision as final.

Your history is not the norm and therefore just be forewarned.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

do not judge other people when you do not what the circumstances were.

Helpful hint to the newbie......better to give all the sordid details up front, especially on a public forum where you are asking for help to determine if you unique case will run into troubles.....and not waste our time vetting out the truth and possibly jumping to conclusions about your intentions.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.