thakar

Regarding Congress Person

13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Is congress person of our area will help to the student who are on F-1 visa on USCIS related issues or they just help to Green card /citizen/ or person whose family members are US citizen....????

Edited by Kotak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

F-1 visa holders are on a non-immigrant visa. What can a senator do? Think about it, senators and congressmen are motivated to help US citizens or immediate relatives of US citizens, not the case with a non-immigrant.

What's the problem, maybe we can help

Good luck

Edited by canadian_wife

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Agree with Canadian-wife, elected officials help those (and the family of those) who can elect them.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I want to expedite my EAD, I have already request them to expedite my EAD and waiting for their response. company asking start date, Fab 13 ,2012. Delay cause terminate my job. maximum one or two weeks of delay can be considerable but more than 2 weeks company can't wait. and they need to start interview again as it's immediate requirement.

My application received by USCIS on Jan 27 and I have I 797C.

Thanks

Ankit

F-1 visa holders are on a non-immigrant visa. What can a senator do? Think about it, senators and congressmen are motivated to help US citizens or immediate relatives of US citizens, not the case with a non-immigrant.

Good luck

I have contacted congress person and she assign my case to one of her case worker but I am not sure what they are doing ??

Timeline

Good luck

I want to expedite my EAD, I have already request them to expedite my EAD and waiting for their response. company asking start date, Fab 13 ,2012. Delay cause terminate my job. maximum one or two weeks of delay can be considerable but more than 2 weeks company can't wait. and they need to start interview again as it's immediate requirement.

Thanks

Ankit

As mentioned above, you are a non-immigrant alien, congressperson won't help in your case. They might misunderstand you contacted them. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks

Ankit

You are talking about OPT (EAD) there is no time limit set my USCIS that they have to approve those in certain week from the receipt.

For most of the cases where USC is involved there are specific time limit set for USCIS to respond or take action.

IF USCIS fails to take the necessary action then the applicant can approach senator or congressman to help them resolve the issue.

For your case there is no such timeline set so there is not much a Senator or Congressman could do, they would not want to be rude they would accept your request but that’s pretty much it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

TRY IT . you wll not loose a single cent. Contact with any usc student and then go together. Todays's Non immigrants may be tomorrows voters. Make your senator know that.

KEEP TRYING BROTHER. ALL THE BEST. I WISH YOU GET RID OF ALL THE ###### PROBLEMS

Voter or not a voter… that does not matter, the problem is for all the USC related application has a timeline.

Means USCIS, NVC have to take action within certain amount of time from which they received the application.

When they fail to take any action within the time frame that’s when Senator or Congressman can ask them for the reason why the action was no taken.

Unfortunately there is no such time restriction for other application, so there is not much Senator or Congressman can do. You can try not going to lose anything.

Filed: Timeline

Voter or not a voter… that does not matter, the problem is for all the USC related application has a timeline.

Means USCIS, NVC have to take action within certain amount of time from which they received the application.

When they fail to take any action within the time frame that’s when Senator or Congressman can ask them for the reason why the action was no taken.

Unfortunately there is no such time restriction for other application, so there is not much Senator or Congressman can do. You can try not going to lose anything.

Does the OP truly believe that he or she is so special, so unique, that if he/she does not get her EAD at the speed of light, the entire US economy will collapse???????????????????? Huh????? I don't think so....and the OP does NOT have a representative in our congress....the OP cannot vote (legally) and no congressman can expedite anything since they are in the legislative branch of our government, whereas USCIS is in the executive branch...a small factoid our over educated OP apparently has forgotten...

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Actually, contrary to what appears to be popular belief, whether you're a USC or not has no bearing on your congressperson's ability to help you. The problem, as Harsh said, is there is just not a whole lot they can do for a lot of non-immigrant cases.

Nowadays, your congressman's website should have contact information available. They will get the specifics of your case and let you know if there is anything they can help you with.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Actually, contrary to what appears to be popular belief, whether you're a USC or not has no bearing on your congressperson's ability to help you. The problem, as Harsh said, is there is just not a whole lot they can do for a lot of non-immigrant cases.

Nowadays, your congressman's website should have contact information available. They will get the specifics of your case and let you know if there is anything they can help you with.

Congress (legislative branch) cannot tell USCIS (executive branch) what to do nor when...all they can do is make inquiries...hard to imagine that some random individual's EAD needs to be put ahead of thousands of others already in line...we still have not heard the reason(s) why this EAD should jump the queue....

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Congress (legislative branch) cannot tell USCIS (executive branch) what to do nor when...all they can do is make inquiries...hard to imagine that some random individual's EAD needs to be put ahead of thousands of others already in line...we still have not heard the reason(s) why this EAD should jump the queue....

Nobody said they can tell USCIS to do. But I know personally, after having spent 15 years in the US on non-immigrant visa's, they can help. In the OP's case, no there's nothing they can do. If he doesn't have it in a few months, they will likely get involved.

My file was AWOL and way outside processing time when I asked for help, and coincidence - IDK, but things sure moved PDQ after that. And I always thought part of the reason is that if someone has to respond to the inquiry, they probably had to figure out where the paperwork was last seen.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.