37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

People ask me this all the time. "What will you do if your son wants his ear pierced?" Or what will you do if your daughter wants her belly button pierced?" I think it depends on the kid. Personally, if my kids are good kids, stay out of trouble, etc, I wouldn't have a problem with it since there are so many other things they could be influenced by and wanting it or doing it.

When my nephew was 14 he went through the phase of wanting an earring. My brother did let him, but now that he's 17 he took it out. Just a phase for him. :star:

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't have kids, so whatever I say can be taken with a grain of salt...;)

IMO, if girls can get their ears pierced at birth, or when they're 10, or 12, or 14, or or or...why can't boys? If he really wants it, he'll do it later when he's old enough to just walk into the shop and they won't ask him for parental consent. Which is 16 I think for piercing?

Make him get a job to pay for it himself. This'll make him have to wait a little while at least, and he may or may not change his mind.

Be thankful its just his ears, and not his eyebrows, nose, tongue, lip, and other sordid body parts ;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

It really does not matter to me one way or another if he wants to do it. He asked me if he could, him and his mother have been going back and forth about it, I said "It doesn't matter to me, it's between you and your mother". I just told him if he gets only one pierced to make sure it's the correct one. I don't even know which one denotes "gay" and which one denotes "straight". He said he wants them both pierced. I will defer to whatever Luz wants.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

IMO (and here's another opinion from The Childless), ear piercing is rather harmless, because as soon as you take the earring out, the hole closes up. It's so much better than if he asks for a tattoo or something. And although he is Filipino (so perhaps kids behave differently in relation to their parents than American teens, I dunno) most kids will eventually do what they want with or without parental permission when it comes to stuff like this.

But yeah, it's up to Luz in the end.

Filed: Timeline

I concur with everyone here....I don't think it's any big thing...but it's Luz's decision.

Nowadays, just be thankful he's not wanting to get his balls pierced or summat. :lol:

OH, but I also don't think two earrings is bad either...and the whole 'left is right and right is wrong' to denote sexual preference went out in like the 90s I think ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A LOT of boys here in Brasil have their ears pierced, including kids of 8 years old or younger.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I concur with everyone here....I don't think it's any big thing...but it's Luz's decision.

Nowadays, just be thankful he's not wanting to get his balls pierced or summat. :lol:

OH, but I also don't think two earrings is bad either...and the whole 'left is right and right is wrong' to denote sexual preference went out in like the 90s I think ;)

I graduated high school in 1974 and there was one boy that had his ear pierced. I say earings are for females and two of them makes look like **.

I graduated high school in 1974 and there was one boy that had his ear pierced. I say earings are for females and two of them makes look like **.

I graduated wayyyyyy later....maybe it's a generational thing

*runs*

I honestly don't know what the current left or right thing is. I am just an old out of touch type when it comes to the kids fads. I just know there is no harm in it IMO. Robin has been asking for 3 years now. It seems to be the fad around his school and he feels left out. But he ALWAYS respects his mothers wishes. That is one of the things I really love about Robin. He honors his mother. So if she says no it's no. But that doesn't stop him from bugging her about it. :D Thats just a trait of a teenager.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

jigga got one ear pierced when he was 16. but by the time we met in college, he was already sick of it. unless his school has some objection to it (especially because an earring will have to stay in for a month or 2 till the hole heals), it shouldn't be a big deal. if Luz is seriously opposed to it, then so be it. maybe she will reconsider when he is 16.

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Boys and men with earings is no big deal today, but I still think it looks gay, especially when they do both ears.

Ditto in my opinion too. Some of these athletes I see interviewed on TV wearing 1/4" diamonds in each ear look like butt ugly drag queens.

The holes in the ears for piercings will leave a noticable scar even when the fad is passe'. However, it isn't as obnoxious or permanent as a tatoo. I once worked with a welder that had a 4" tatoo that started on his cheek and ended on his neck. That was kind of out there. Even a beard wouldn't hide that.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

maybe it's a generational thing

Of course it is, that's why I said it's no big deal today for a boy or man to have pierced ears, but I will always be thinking it looks gay. Same with women and tattoos. Think some big tattoo that everyone can see is f*cked up looking on a woman.