GaryC

Ear piercing for boys

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
My 19 yr old got addicted to piercing and tattoos. Last count he has 30 piercings and about 12 tatts :wacko: I took him for his first one at the age of 15 (ear) cos he has diabetes and I didn't want him to go off and do a DIY job. I don't think he has much room for any more....hopefully.

ah, but the entire body is a canvas. There's lotsa room! ;)

I have a cousin in England who has a body suit tattoo.

Think music....expands the brain and usually a more 'disciplined' circle of friends...

most musicians I know are pierced and tattoo'd. And yes, they're very disciplined when it comes to their music. Art is art tho, whether its on or off the body :yes:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Simple piercings are fairly benign methods of personal expression nowadays. I agree some of the more radical piercings might be more difficult to reverse in later years. I'm reminded of the last time I was in London. A bloke walked past and I did a double take, because I had to confirm what I caught at first glance. And when I took another look, indeed he had a 'pork chop" dangling from his ear. :lol::lol:

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Gary, if you don't have a position, then don't fight city hall. Stick by your wife's decision (just my opinion).

If I were in your shoes, I would be curious know why Luz disapproves of her son getting his ears pierced and why does he want his ear's pierce? With children, this could just be a phase. I have always held the position that when children are grown and out from under the parent’s roof. Then, they are free to make their own decisions. However, I would still offer my advice and guidance in order to give them another perspective (in most cases). We, as parents, may be too liberal with the freedoms that we grant children nowadays (again… just my opinion).

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Gary, if you don't have a position, then don't fight city hall. Stick by your wife's decision (just my opinion).

I agree. Since you don't feel strongly either way about this, just support Luz in her judgment. As Rebecca suggested, her son might be feeling the waters with you to see the kind of relationship you two will have -- the best thing, imo, is for him to see you backing up Luz's decisions. I don't personally think an ear piercing is a big deal, but if Luz doesn't like it, he shouldn't get one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a follow up. Luz had a talk with Robin and she said that she wanted him to wait until he was older to get a piercing. She sees that this is only a fad and Robin is just curious about it. Luz said no and Robin accepts that.

For the record, Robin is a very respectful and well adjusted young man. He obeys his mother and gives her the respect due to her. Luz has been raising Robin on her own for most of his life and she has done a wonderful job. Robin is doing well in school, plays sports and in general very little trouble to Luz. I am quite proud of him and look forward to being his dad. He already looks to me as his father. He calls me pop, comes to me for advice and we have a wonderful time together. When he has a problem he will come online and ask my advice. Just yesterday he came to me and asked me about smoking and drugs. Some of the kids at school are pressuring him to experiment. So we had a little father-son chat about it. I am very sure that he will take my advice and not give in to the peer pressure. When he discovered girls a while back I know that it really freaked Luz out. She didn't know how to talk to him about it so Robin and I had a nice long talk about it. He has calmed down now and is showing restraint and maturity. All-in-all I couldn't ask for a better young man to call my son.

One thing that I am really proud of is his Taekwondo. He has gone from a yellow belt all the way to red in a very short time. I have seen him kick the snot out of kids much bigger than him with a higher belt. Its fun to watch him compete.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Gary,

As a single parent of a 14 year old son, it sounds like you are getting a great woman in Luz and a wonderful son in Robin. Anyone who can raise a child to be respectful like it sounds she has done, really is a very special person. It is great to see that you three are really working hard on becoming a strong family. Best of luck.

Rhonda

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I wouldn't let Corey, but that's just me. Ask me for a reason, and I won't have one..dunno, I just don't like it. Each to their own! :) M.

edited to add: not that I think it's wrong when others have them, or let their kids...it's just a personal preference. He can do whatever he wants, when he's old enough. :)

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)