UK_Fan

nat geo

178 posts in this topic

Have you guys read this article?

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2006/06/0081084

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

everytime my mom tries to talk to my husband, she screams really loud in russian as if that would make him understand her

:lol:

My MIL will start talking to me in Russian like I understand her or something. All I ever know to say is "da" and then she looks at me like I'm stupid or something. It goes from her getting loud to her getting loud and using hand signals.

Have you guys read this article?

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2006/06/0081084

That has to be the most detailed and in depth article Iv'e seen on this. Great article...I saved that link to pass it on. :)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

My MIL will start talking to me in Russian like I understand her or something. All I ever know to say is "da" and then she looks at me like I'm stupid or something. It goes from her getting loud to her getting loud and using hand signals.

That has to be the most detailed and in depth article Iv'e seen on this. Great article...I saved that link to pass it on. :)

Great article. From 2006. And it's new to you, Mr. RUB. :lol:

Now I feel better about myself.

ps, I found it interesting that each American paid $4000 bucks to be taken on a 2 week tour to meet RUB women.

Sounds like one would have to answer 'YES' on the USCIS form where they ask if a marriage broker was used.

Peace.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Great article. From 2006. And it's new to you, Mr. RUB. :lol:

Now I feel better about myself.

ps, I found it interesting that each American paid $4000 bucks to be taken on a 2 week tour to meet RUB women.

Sounds like one would have to answer 'YES' on the USCIS form where they ask if a marriage broker was used.

Peace.

:star:

Those single sites...whether they be RUB, South America, Asia...whatever...too much money. Those sites are for n00bs.

Two ways to do it. First one is to do your homework, rent an apt. over there online and go over there and start meeting chicks until you think you found "Ms. Right". People who don't travel, or haven't been to such and such country aren't too likely to try that method.

So that brings us to method #2. Facebook. Used to be Myspace, now it's Facebook. You find one RUB chick...Belarus gal for example off of "Minsk Linguistics Univeristy FB page"...just an example. You tab out the 50 hottest single chicks you find on there...try not to use "Friends List" on a page because you never know if they talk to each other much. If Julia tells Natasha she got a message from some American dude and Natasha compares notes with her and they find out you sent them both the same message...well that's a no go.

So you type something like; "I came by your profile by accident while looking for a friend and I just have to say you have by far the best looking profile/pics I have ever seen. Feel free to say hello anytime." Along with a smiley emoticon. <---- You paste that message to the 50 chicks you picked out. It's called "the shotgun effect". Out of 50 you might get back 5-10 positive hits. Then you narrow it down from there.

btw this lesson was on the house. :)

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Those single sites...whether they be RUB, South America, Asia...whatever...too much money. Those sites are for n00bs.

Two ways to do it. First one is to do your homework, rent an apt. over there online and go over there and start meeting chicks until you think you found "Ms. Right". People who don't travel, or haven't been to such and such country aren't too likely to try that method.

So that brings us to method #2. Facebook. Used to be Myspace, now it's Facebook. You find one RUB chick...Belarus gal for example off of "Minsk Linguistics Univeristy FB page"...just an example. You tab out the 50 hottest single chicks you find on there...try not to use "Friends List" on a page because you never know if they talk to each other much. If Julia tells Natasha she got a message from some American dude and Natasha compares notes with her and they find out you sent them both the same message...well that's a no go.

So you type something like; "I came by your profile by accident while looking for a friend and I just have to say you have by far the best looking profile/pics I have ever seen. Feel free to say hello anytime." Along with a smiley emoticon. <---- You paste that message to the 50 chicks you picked out. It's called "the shotgun effect". Out of 50 you might get back 5-10 positive hits. Then you narrow it down from there.

Thanks. Ya saved me $4000 bucks, :lol:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My MIL will start talking to me in Russian like I understand her or something. All I ever know to say is "da" and then she looks at me like I'm stupid or something.

That's because where she lives even 3 year olds can speak Russian. What's wrong with you? :whistle:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You should not be giving this stuff away, Kip.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The funny part is...it worked! Has anyone ever heard your wife's accent and started talking REAL LOUD to her?

One guy did that to Alla and she said "Sir! Please! I am Ukrainian, I am not deaf!"

Yesterday I went to a Guatemalan baby shower with my MIL and sisters-in-law and my MIL can't speak Spanish, so she was talking really loud and slow to everybody there :rofl: When we came back home and told my husband about that, he was like "Ohh, she always does that" :lol: I'm surprised she never tried talking to me like that :)

I get annoyed by those messages :bonk: I keep receiving them even when I'm married.

It gets worse though - when somebody types something like "I'm going to Russia soon. I need a translator and a friend to spend time with... blah-blah-blah..." #######??? Are you kidding me? :bonk:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Yesterday I went to a Guatemalan baby shower with my MIL and sisters-in-law and my MIL can't speak Spanish, so she was talking really loud and slow to everybody there :rofl: When we came back home and told my husband about that, he was like "Ohh, she always does that" :lol: I'm surprised she never tried talking to me like that :)

I get annoyed by those messages :bonk: I keep receiving them even when I'm married.

It gets worse though - when somebody types something like "I'm going to Russia soon. I need a translator and a friend to spend time with... blah-blah-blah..." #######??? Are you kidding me? :bonk:

I cannot even tell you the number of times Alla has been hit on in the gorvery store or something. The guy asks her to "teach him Russian" when he finds out she is foreign and the first coupleof guys she gave her pone number too and came home and told me she met a guy that wil pay her to teach him Russian. One of them started calling her after 10pm. :lol: To discuss his Russian lessons I suppose. She doesn't fall for that anymore.

I can't fault their taste, but c'mon, Russian lessons? :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

kip, quit bugging ona on facebook - she's married!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I never thought of that; "I need a translator line". I'm a bit disappointed I didn't come up with that one myself. :(

kip, quit bugging ona on facebook - she's married!

It wasn't me...that's not one of my lines. :no:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I cannot even tell you the number of times Alla has been hit on in the gorvery store or something. The guy asks her to "teach him Russian" when he finds out she is foreign and the first coupleof guys she gave her pone number too and came home and told me she met a guy that wil pay her to teach him Russian. One of them started calling her after 10pm. :lol: To discuss his Russian lessons I suppose. She doesn't fall for that anymore.

I can't fault their taste, but c'mon, Russian lessons? :lol:

That HAS GOT to be the most annoying question EVER... every new person i meet, guys especially, always say:"say something in Russian" or "how do you cuss in Russian".. i'm always like, Jessus Christ nuggets, it's not like i walk around thinking or random russian words to tell strangers!

and believe it or not, but with time, it takes a second to put two words together in Russian lol.

event.png

Timeline

That HAS GOT to be the most annoying question EVER... every new person i meet, guys especially, always say:"say something in Russian" or "how do you cuss in Russian".. i'm always like, Jessus Christ nuggets, it's not like i walk around thinking or random russian words to tell strangers!

and believe it or not, but with time, it takes a second to put two words together in Russian lol.

It never takes Alla even a second to think of something to say. :blush:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.