웃

Barney Frank Marriage: Retiring Congressman Intends To Marry Longtime Partner Jim Ready

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Barney Frank Marriage: Retiring Congressman Intends To Marry Longtime Partner Jim Ready

WASHINGTON--Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) intends to marry his longtime partner, Jim Ready, according to his office.

"Barney is planning to get married to his partner Jim Ready. The ceremony will take place in Massachusetts," Harry Gural, Frank's spokesman, told HuffPost.

A date has not been set.

Frank announced last November that he was retiring at the end of his term. Frank initially said that he was running for re-election, but said he changed his mind after the state's redistricting process would have forced him to run in a new district with many constituents he had never represented before.

He first won election to Congress in 1980.

Frank came out publicly as gay in 1987, blazing the trail for other openly gay public officials.

Frank met Ready in October 2005 at a fundraiser in Maine. After Ready's partner died in January 2007, the two began a relationship.

Frank expanded on setting a personal example for gay rights in a recent interview with the Boston Globe."It's one thing to say 'I'm not prejudiced against a person who is a gay,'" he said. "It's an entirely different matter to accept that person in their personal relationships. So over the past five years or so, Jimmy [Ready], my partner, and I have made it a point to attend events together, to go to public places as a couple. It's important that people see that."

Massachusetts is one of six states, and the District of Columbia, to grant same-sex marriages.

Ryan Grim contributed reporting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/26/barney-frank-marriage-jim-ready_n_1233996.html

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I hope he is happy in his retirement.

I don't ......he was a big part in what cost untold numbers of people their retirement savings, not to mention so much of the housing debacle.

He should be in jail.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

little old new england appreciates his service and his courage to do so as an openly gay man.

any other reps or sens out and proud?

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

little old new england appreciates his service and his courage to do so as an openly gay man.

I did not say I appreciate his service. I don't, And perhaps there are no others to be out and proud. Why does his sexuality make him courageous? I thought it didn't matter.

Look, I have nothing against gay marriage, but only because I do not give a rat's @ss what someones sexual orientation is. They can keep it to themselves or not, I don't care.

Frank is a crook and I wish him happiness in his retirement (if he is not tried, convicted and imprisoned) because it sounded nicer than "Good Riddance to bad rubbish"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I did not say I appreciate his service. I don't, And perhaps there are no others to be out and proud. Why does his sexuality make him courageous? I thought it didn't matter.

Look, I have nothing against gay marriage, but only because I do not give a rat's @ss what someones sexual orientation is. They can keep it to themselves or not, I don't care.

Frank is a crook and I wish him happiness in his retirement (if he is not tried, convicted and imprisoned) because it sounded nicer than "Good Riddance to bad rubbish"

sweet, prickly gary.

i do think it is brave to be who you are. gays and lesbians in the spotlight attract attention to their personal and family choices. a white-bread nuclear family is almost a prerequisite for politicians. (ex. sarah palin and her family, until bristol kinda messed up the image) when you dont conform to that idea of normal, you are seen as abnormal. its like swimming upstream.

to serve the public who elected you despite that sort of climate is, in my opinion, courageous and deserves thanks.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

according to wikipedia from march of 2009:

There have been six openly LGB members in the history of Congress. Gerry Studds (elected in 1972) became the first openly gay man when he publicly announced his sexuality in 1982.[3]Barney Frank (serving since 1981) first spoke publicly about his sexual orientation in 1987.[4]Steve Gunderson, elected in 1980 and outed in 1994,[5] and Jim Kolbe, elected in 1984 and outed in 1996,[6] are two other previous members of Congress who were openly gay. Current congresswoman Tammy Baldwin is the first and so far only open lesbian woman to win election to Congress.[7] In 1998, she became the first ever openly gay person to win election to Congress as a non-incumbent. Former California representative Michael Huffington is bisexual, but did not come out until after his term had ended.[8]Jared Polis (who was elected in 2008 and assumed office on January 6, 2009) is the first openly gay man to have been elected to the House as a freshman. Republican representative Mark Foley's homosexuality was well-known in his district, though he did not serve openly in Congress and did not come out publicly until after his term ended.There has never been an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender member of the Senate.

any others in the past three years? cicilline of rhode island.

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

I don't ......he was a big part in what cost untold numbers of people their retirement savings, not to mention so much of the housing debacle.

He should be in jail.

He would enjoy himself too much in prison. He would be in sausage paradise there. ol Barney would be getting a skittles make-up job in no time flat. :devil:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."