aidan80

Senate Approves Mexican Border Fence

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
What I find the most disturbing is that all of the people on here going through a time-consuming, difficult, seemingly endless process to bring their loved ones here legally have to listen to their representatives in government make excuses for the illegal immigrants and the business's need for them or our economy would fall apart. First, make the immigration process simpler, quicker, and fair for all. Secondly, enforce the laws that are already on the books if you aren't going to change the system. Finally, do not reward anyone who chose to circumvent the laws for their own gain (for that is what it is). While it is sad that the economies of the countries where the majority of illegal immigrants are coming from are in such bad shape, it is up to the people there to change that, not the United States. Cultural differences aside, if people want to improve their existence, it is up to them to do so. That is as true in the US as it is anywhere else. Eventually, if the flood of illegal immigration continues at it's current pace, the US is expected to have over 420 million people living here by 2050, and the strain on the natural and social resources will create the same kinds of situations here as now exist in many of the poorer countries where the immigrants are coming from. Will there be 30 million more low-paying jobs available for those peoples to fill? I would not deny anyone the right to immigrate legally, but I do despise those that thumb their noses at our laws while we sit here and wait for some word from the USCIS about the status of our applications.

I agree the system should be changed or the laws enforced, but it looks like no one wants to round up all these undocumented and or out of status people therefore the system would have to be changed. I also agree that people who break the laws shouldn’t be rewarded although the laws aren’t being enforced?

When it comes to legal immigration there isn’t much of really anything out there for the average low paid worker. People wanting to immigrate here legally don’t have many options open to them. They can invest a certain amount of money in the US setup a business and create at jobs, be in a high demand area or be a person outstanding in their field like a professor or doctor I’m assuming. Other than that people could get transferred in through a company in their home country, meet marry or intend to marry a USC. Lots and lots of ways for people with the resources, time and money to come legally but not for people who don’t have that! There is no provision at all for that group of people, should there be? That’s up to the people to decide.

Saying its sad these countries economies are in a bad shape but it isn’t our fault therefore not our problem isn’t exactly correct. It’ll become the bigger richer countries problem when the influx of immigrants makes an impact on the economy. Better to help the poor out of poverty rather than slam the door shut in their face and tell them their on their own. :)

I have family and friends that have felt the impact of the "Bring on the competition" statement to India that was brought on by higher powers. We have enough technical skilled workers in the United States, there's no need for any company or corporation to bring technical skilled workers into the United States.

The statement that I have made relates to the topic at hand, actually a branch off the same tree. How long has the average person here waited for their loved one to get approved? Now we have a corporation that can pay $1,000 to bring a worker here from another country to fill a position that we are not able to fill, this along with the "migrant worker" filling positions, see where I'm going with this? Is has plenty to do with "building fences", whether it be the physical kind that can be seen or the kind that puts due process where it needs to be.

Don't relate to the "fence building" as the only means of controlling immigration, there are other avenues where there are shortcuts. I'm curious though as to how thorough the background checks can be with only having 15 days to research someone's background.

I couldn’t agree more, big business and money shouldn’t decide immigration policies, but isn’t that the very core nature of uncontrolled capitalism? Greed, power, more, faster, bigger, better, less expensive and if possible pay the workers as little as possible or replace them with cheaper labor. Maybe I’m wrong there but it’s uncontrolled if money is directing government policy and not the people who elect the government?

I’ve no problem with legal immigration and I admit when it’s put like that it is quite frustrating to think that we all wait months and or years to get our partners here and companies can ship in a worker from another country in little or no time. One thing is true in this part of the world as in many, many other parts of the world. Big business and money move some things faster than the people could ever hope to in 10 elections.

I don’t exactly know what technical filed you’re in but I’ve found there to be quite a few jobs out there in my own field (IT), as an immigrant I’m having a hard if not impossible time just getting an interview at the minute I’m essentially being ignored. I don’t think that has anything to do with cheap labor probably more to do with employers looking at an application that has no US experience on it and binning it possibly assuming it’s hard to hire an immigrant or why give an immigrant a job a citizen could do? The more time that passes and the more I get ignored by employers the more I start to think this has to be some form of discrimination.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
My friend we are in the same boat!!! I am an IT professional with almost 8 years exp and I barely can get an interview. But do you want to laugh? :angry: H1B VISAS CAP IS FULL LLLLOOOOOLLLLL :angry:

What more can i say... :hehe:

:lol: You’re unfortunately correct; we both appear to be on the same sinking boat :hehe: ! I’ve over 5 years on the job experience and around 4 – 5 worth of education, classes, courses.. etc and I can’t even get as much as an interview for a simple office job :blink: ! data entry, scanning documents, clerical work.. all very basic stuff! :mellow: ! I’m seriously thinking about getting “officially” certified here in the US, maybe something a US employer understands and seen before might help? :bonk:

Although if things keep up at this rate I’ll be in competition with the “illegal’s” for one of their jobs! :ph34r:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

About damn time they built a fence, just last night on the news more illegals were caught litteraly CAUGHT stuck in a tunnel, US resources had to be deployed to "rescue" this group of illegals.

And in a seperate story an ICE raid uncovered a 2 bedroom house harboring 50 illegals, linked to a Los Angeles contact. claiming he knew nothing about it must have been the rentor. BS good news is they will ALL be deported!

They should Clear the tunnels then BLAST them closed with dynamite. and to stop the infux of illegal crossing impose Sanctions on these countries to force them to take care of their own people, If USA steps up to the plate with intelligent effective response it wont be an issue. And it is NOT a !@&*%$#@ HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUE! ecept for the rights of legal residnet suffering and being deprived because of illegals Stealing from a system they put NOTHING into!

The wall is needed in additition to more enforcement on the USA side with employers and those aiding in the illegal activity and other federal criminal acts these ILLEGALS commit.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

To be honest with you, I dont like the illegal deal I think this is a BIG BIG country and some how inmigration legal and illegal can help this country... :D But I have to say too, that is VERY VERY important stop this kind of invasion that we have right now :( I think, that a worker program with some kind of benefit after 5 to 10 years will be very helpfull. :thumbs:

But I have to say too, that immigration has to be TOUGHER on employers, because at the end of the day, THEY are getting richer and the country is getting poorer... :angry:

Talkin about IT, I have been having some kind of success with Jr. Position and if they see that you are over qualified just tell them that you have to start from scrach because you came from another country and also you want to learn the american way to do things ;)

c u

• 3 months later...

The way folks have been crossing our border, we need to build a great wall like China did. News flash: They produce wire cutters in other countries as well. It's ridiculous how we've permitted this influx of illegal boarder crossing. Something drastic needs to be done!!!

SU

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

We have enough technical skilled workers in the United States, there's no need for any company or corporation to bring technical skilled workers into the United States.

We have enough single women in the USA, so why did you have to go bring from abroad to marry?

Same reason you bring people in from foriegn countries to work for your company, sometimes the best match can't be found on your home soil.

As someone who worked here on an H-1B for 7 years I can tell you, I wasn't brought in as a cheap replacement for an American, I was brought in because they spent 6 months trying to fill my job position with an American and were unable to. I was paid exactly the same as my American co-workers and did a brilliant job mainly in service to the US government.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I couldn’t agree more, big business and money shouldn’t decide immigration policies, but isn’t that the very core nature of uncontrolled capitalism? Greed, power, more, faster, bigger, better, less expensive and if possible pay the workers as little as possible or replace them with cheaper labor. Maybe I’m wrong there but it’s uncontrolled if money is directing government policy and not the people who elect the government?

Kinda resembles early XIX century industrialism... Looks like not too much has changed :)

As someone who worked here on an H-1B for 7 years I can tell you, I wasn't brought in as a cheap replacement for an American, I was brought in because they spent 6 months trying to fill my job position with an American and were unable to. I was paid exactly the same as my American co-workers and did a brilliant job mainly in service to the US government.

It's a common misconception that H1-B workers get paid less than US citizens. Employer has to pay an H1-B holder the same salary as he would be paying a US citizen doing the same job, no exceptions. It is actually more expensive to sponsor somebody for an H1-B visa than hire a citizen, so employers must have very good reasons to do it.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We have enough technical skilled workers in the United States, there's no need for any company or corporation to bring technical skilled workers into the United States.

We have enough single women in the USA, so why did you have to go bring from abroad to marry?

:thumbs::lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope the fence is electrified, and backed up by a minefield.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.