aidan80

Senate Approves Mexican Border Fence

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

That looks pretty good, if the fence and barbed wire are electrified (no sissy cattle fence either, I want at least 50,000 volts), and you put in a minefield.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
That looks pretty good, if the fence and barbed wire are electrified (no sissy cattle fence either, I want at least 50,000 volts), and you put in a minefield.

No, no. A fence is fine; let's not condone inhumane treatment like that. No shooting, no shocking, none of that; just catch them, deport them, and ban them. Simple.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

No, no. A fence is fine; let's not condone inhumane treatment like that. No shooting, no shocking, none of that; just catch them, deport them, and ban them. Simple.

There is nothing inhuman about it if you post signs that say something to the effect of, "look guys, this is a field of death. If you come this way, you WILL DIE!!!!" At first, people will try it out and see if you're serious. After a couple of explosions, everyone else will get the message just fine.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I see no problem with it, minefields or not, still its a lot of area to patrol meaning that it'll simply slow illegal immigration rather than stop it.

I also don't see electric fences or minefields as inhumane, they would be clearly marked, and anyone that falls to it really was asking for it, you could argue that its darwinism at its finest.

K3 approved 05/04/07 Leney is happy

Timeline
they would be clearly marked, and anyone that falls to it really was asking for it, you could argue that its darwinism at its finest.
Precisely.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
they would be clearly marked, and anyone that falls to it really was asking for it, you could argue that its darwinism at its finest.
Precisely.

Cheers!

AKDiver

It will never happen. The wussies in this country wring their hands in nervous anxiety at the thought of making illegal aliens return to their own home countries...even when they commit additional crimes here after entering illegally. Hell, they want to reward them with citizenship for breaking the law. They'd have a nervous breakdown at the mere thought of real border defense, law enforcement, and asserting our national sovereignty. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

My HOA recently changed management companies. The neighborhood used to be poorly maintained, now it is impeccably landscaped, it looks very nice. The other big difference? Every morning, when I leave the house, there's an army of "Mexicans" (shorthand for anyone from anywhere between Mexico and Ecuador) working hard to keep things looking nice.

I kinda like it. Let the illegals stay.

BTW - I have no idea if those dudes have green cards/EADs or not. Maybe they do. But in case they don't... let them stay! ;)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
It will never happen. The wussies in this country wring their hands in nervous anxiety at the thought of making illegal aliens return to their own home countries...even when they commit additional crimes here after entering illegally. Hell, they want to reward them with citizenship for breaking the law. They'd have a nervous breakdown at the mere thought of real border defense, law enforcement, and asserting our national sovereignty. ;)
Of course it will never happen. We're governed by pussies.
My HOA recently changed management companies. The neighborhood used to be poorly maintained, now it is impeccably landscaped, it looks very nice. The other big difference? Every morning, when I leave the house, there's an army of "Mexicans" (shorthand for anyone from anywhere between Mexico and Ecuador) working hard to keep things looking nice.

Yeah, let's created an exploitable class of workers that we can get to do whatever we want for very cheap.

What we used to call "slavery" is now called "illegal immigration".

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

Yeah, let's created an exploitable class of workers that we can get to do whatever we want for very cheap.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Yeah, really. Didn't we fight a whole war over this almost 150 years ago?

Timeline

Cheers!

AKDiver

You have to understand...Gupt is nostalgic and homesick for the "untouchables" caste of India. The illegal aliens make him feel right at home. ;)

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

Cheers!

AKDiver

Mexicans weren't brought over here, against their will, in shackles.

In fact, they jump over (pun intended) all kinds of hurdles to get here and participate in our labor force. They're the exact opposite of slaves. They may be the most motivated workers this country has.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Mexicans weren't brought over here, against their will, in shackles.

In fact, they jump over (pun intended) all kinds of hurdles to get here and participate in our labor force. They're the exact opposite of slaves. They may be the most motivated workers this country has.

They come to the USA because where they're coming from is worse. That doesn't mean that they're not being taken advantage of or exploited, and if you'd like to read up on some of the sharecropping agreements that have trapped illegals under a mountain of debt and tell me that doesn't sound like slavery, then be my guest.

Timeline
I knew someone would stay this. It's a common perception, but it isn't true.

That war was fought over the notion that the Federal government was empowered to impose its will on people who no longer wished to receive its governance. Some states realized that despite the protections of the Constitution, the central government was grabbing an ever-increasing amount of power for itself, and the original notion of a republic was becoming lost. They wanted out, and when they declared their intentions, the tyrannical Federal government headed by Lincoln issued a "Proclamation" against these states. Sound a lot like government by decree, doesn't it? He couldn't declare war, since only congress can do that, and neither did he respect the notion that, "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." In this respect, Lincoln is no different from King George III, who "has abdicated Government here by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us."

Make no mistake, abolition of slavery was just a "respectable excuse" to greatly expand Federal power at the expense of States Rights.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Timeline
I knew someone would stay this. It's a common perception, but it isn't true.

That war was fought over the notion that the Federal government was empowered to impose its will on people who no longer wished to receive its governance. Some states realized that despite the protections of the Constitution, the central government was grabbing an ever-increasing amount of power for itself, and the original notion of a republic was becoming lost. They wanted out, and when they declared their intentions, the tyrannical Federal government headed by Lincoln issued a "Proclamation" against these states. Sound a lot like government by decree, doesn't it? He couldn't declare war, since only congress can do that, and neither did he respect the notion that, "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." In this respect, Lincoln is no different from King George III, who "has abdicated Government here by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us."

Make no mistake, abolition of slavery was just a "respectable excuse" to greatly expand Federal power at the expense of States Rights.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Does this kind of tie into a personal desire to have Alaska seceede from the USA? Like...we don't need these a$$holes in the lower 48 anymore? "We got oil, so #### off."

I've seen it all before. Same ol' sh*t in Texas when oil production was peaked out in the 1970's and early 1980's. "Seceede! Let a Yankee freeze in the dark! We don't need them!" There have even been modern day armed confrontations with separatist groups holed up in west Texas (unsuccessful as they were).

I hear the same from the French ####### A$$es (Cajuns) in Louisiana now too. "We got oil, so bite me! We don't need the USA." Some of them still grieve over the fact that Napoleon sold it to the USA in the Louisiana Purchase and the USA imposed the English language over French. They look at Quebec with envy.

The individual states can wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. In the end we will see which hand fills up first. Secession today would be about as successful as it was in 1860.

If Uncle Sam wants to dump 100,000 Iraqi refugees into Alaska...he will do it, won't adequately compensate your state, and you can do little about it. Same as Bush actively relaxing the Mexican border to allow millions of Mexicans, Central & South Americans, and whoever else to sneak over and actively circumventing any effort to stop it (even though it is illegal). The border states aren't compensated for this imposition or have little say so in the matter. We could only complain loudly while the chimp and his lackies did their dirty work.

This was the ultimate goal...the fait accompli. They never could get them over here legislatively and it will be next to impossible to get rid of them legislatively. There is not enough consensus to reverse it. It's a done deal and we got screwed. It was imposed on us from above.

Unfortunately the fate of one state is tied to the other 49...even when decisions are mandated in DC regardless of the effect on just that state. Some of this imposition from the Fed resembles an elitist oligarchy more than a democracy. It is a shame. I don't think this is what our Founding Fathers had in mind.

Timeline
Does this kind of tie into a personal desire to have Alaska seceede from the USA? Like...we don't need these a$$holes in the lower 48 anymore? "We got oil, so #### off." I've seen it all before. Same ol' sh*t in Texas when oil production was peaked out in the 1970's and early 1980's. "Seceede! Let a Yankee freeze in the dark! We don't need them!" There have even been modern day armed confrontations with separatist groups holed up in west Texas (unsuccessful as they were).I hear the same from the French ####### A$$es (Cajuns) in Louisiana now too. "We got oil, so bite me! We don't need the USA." Some of them still grieve over the fact that Napoleon sold it to the USA in the Louisiana Purchase and the USA imposed the English language over French. They look at Quebec with envy.
Uh, no. When did I mention Alaska in my previous post?

Alaska gets far more from the Feds than it pays in as taxes. As it should be, since Alaska is a young state and in need of infrastructure and other investment (which other states got when they joined the union).

Besides, we all know that if Alaska did break way, the Federal government would just invade us to control the oil like it did with the Middle East anyway. So, all things considered, it would be a bad move for Alaska to break away. But thanks for the assumptions.

If Uncle Sam wants to dump 100,000 Iraqi refugees into Alaska...he will do it, won't adequately compensate your state, and you can do little about it.
Um, yes, I know. Thanks for making my point for me.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.