may86

Petition I-130 for Alien Relative

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My brother wants to file a petition for my parents but we have some doubts about what we need. My parents are both from Mexico they have been working in the US for a long time now. In 1986 my brother and i were born in TEXAS. My Dad had a couple of tickets and people started to scare him about going to jail. So they left for Mexico 2 years later my sister was born. My Dad came back to the US a couple of years later to work. To make story short in 1995 we all came back to the US to be together as a family it was starting to be too much being separated from my Dad. We have been here since then. My younger sister was born in 1996 in NC. So now my brother wants to file a petition for both of my parents. We are just so lost and we don't want to mess anything up. We know he has to file form I-130, he need passport pictures of both, and birth certificates. Is there anything were missing? Does he need to send a picture of himself as well. Thank you in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My brother wants to file a petition for my parents but we have some doubts about what we need. My parents are both from Mexico they have been working in the US for a long time now. In 1986 my brother and i were born in TEXAS. My Dad had a couple of tickets and people started to scare him about going to jail. So they left for Mexico 2 years later my sister was born. My Dad came back to the US a couple of years later to work. To make story short in 1995 we all came back to the US to be together as a family it was starting to be too much being separated from my Dad. We have been here since then. My younger sister was born in 1996 in NC. So now my brother wants to file a petition for both of my parents. We are just so lost and we don't want to mess anything up. We know he has to file form I-130, he need passport pictures of both, and birth certificates. Is there anything were missing? Does he need to send a picture of himself as well. Thank you in advance.

hi, how did they enter the oountry? if the entered ilegally, then he can't file for them. theoretically he could file for them, but the problem is that the would have their interview in Juarez and each one receive a 10 year ban. there are no waivers for parents.

if they entered legally with a tourist visa and the i94, then he has to file the whole adjustment of status packet.

Edited by aleful

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi, how did they enter the oountry? if the entered ilegally, then he can't file for them. theoretically he could file for them, but the problem is that the would have their interview in Juarez and each one receive a 10 year ban. there are no waivers for parents.

if they entered legally with a tourist visa and the i94, then he has to file the whole adjustment of status packet.

Yes they entered illegally! what would your suggestion be for us to do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this would be a great time to study all over at http://immigrate2us.net

that site has a different scope than visajourney.com

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** moving from CR-1 spousal visa to Bringing Family Memebrs... forum as OP is not asking about a wife or husband ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Was he detained while trying to enter? Because if he was then i would suggest getting a lawyer. If he wasnt detained then im pretty sure he wont get the ban, they have no way of knowing he came in the country more than one time. Good luck!

April 2008- Met in person at Friday's Restaurant for dinner

July 2008 - Dating

Nov 2008 - He proposed!

July 25th 2009 - I do! Best day of my life

USCIS

July 26th 2011 - USCIS received I-130 ( I hate that we waited a long time, i guess at least we wont have to remove conditions)

Feb 8th 2012 - APPROVED!!! (197 Days or 6 1/2 months from NOA1)

NVC

Feb 21st 2012- Assign case number (13 days from approval)

March 9th 2012-Packet IV sent to NVC

March 14th 2012-NVC closed my case in 3 DAYS!!! Waiting for interview date = Nerve wrecking

Consulate

March 16th 2012-Biometrics Appointment

May 17th 2012-Interview day!!!

May 18th 2012-Will see my family again after more than 10 years...

He will get a ban anyway. He doesn't have a visa. He was never here legally. He will trigger a ban when he leaves. He cannot adjust without leaving. He will need an I-601 hardship waiver and this will have to be done in his country.

OP, check out the website provided to you and also look up Laurel Scott.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Was he detained while trying to enter? Because if he was then i would suggest getting a lawyer. If he wasnt detained then im pretty sure he wont get the ban, they have no way of knowing he came in the country more than one time. Good luck!

nobody said he entered more than once, but he will have his interview in his country, once he leaves he will have triggered the 10 year ban, there are no waivers for parents.

Edited by aleful

nobody said he entered more than once, but he will have his interview in his country, once he leaves he will have triggered the 10 year ban, there are no waivers for parents.

Oops, you're right! In the case of EWI there are no waivers for parents.

OP, I suggest you contact an immigration attorney.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.