^_^

Obama lies to CNN about China

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Fareed Zakaria: As the Chinese watched your most recent diplomacy in Asia, is it fair for them to have looked at the flurry of diplomatic activity — political, military, economic — and concluded, as many Chinese scholars have, that the United States is building a containment policy against China?

Barack Obama: No, that would not be accurate, and I’ve specifically rejected that formulation.

I think what would be fair to conclude is that, as I said we would do, the United States has pivoted to focus on the fastest-growing region of the world, where we have an enormous stake in peace, security, the free flow of commerce and, frankly, an area of the world that we had neglected over the last decade because of our intense focus on Iraq, Afghanistan and the Middle East.

So if you look at what we’ve done, we’ve strengthened our alliances with Japan and South Korea — I think they’re in as good of shape as they’ve ever been. We have involved ourselves in the regional architecture of — including organizations like ASEAN and APEC. We’ve sent a clear signal that we are a Pacific power and we will continue to be a Pacific power, but we have done this all in the context of a belief that a peacefully rising China is good for everybody.

One of the things we’ve accomplished over the last three years is to establish a strong dialogue and working relationship with China across a whole range of issues. And where we have serious differences, we’ve been able to express those differences without it spiraling into a bad place.

I think the Chinese government respects us, respects what we’re trying to do, recognizes that we’re going to be players in the Asia Pacific region for the long term, but I think also recognize that we have in no way inhibited them from continuing their extraordinary growth.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/20/obama-on-whether-the-u-s-is-trying-to-contain-china/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Obama lies

How is what happens every day, news? :unsure:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Fareed Zakaria: As the Chinese watched your most recent diplomacy in Asia, is it fair for them to have looked at the flurry of diplomatic activity — political, military, economic — and concluded, as many Chinese scholars have, that the United States is building a containment policy against China?

Barack Obama: No, that would not be accurate, and I’ve specifically rejected that formulation.

I think what would be fair to conclude is that, as I said we would do, the United States has pivoted to focus on the fastest-growing region of the world, where we have an enormous stake in peace, security, the free flow of commerce and, frankly, an area of the world that we had neglected over the last decade because of our intense focus on Iraq, Afghanistan and the Middle East.

So if you look at what we’ve done, we’ve strengthened our alliances with Japan and South Korea — I think they’re in as good of shape as they’ve ever been. We have involved ourselves in the regional architecture of — including organizations like ASEAN and APEC. We’ve sent a clear signal that we are a Pacific power and we will continue to be a Pacific power, but we have done this all in the context of a belief that a peacefully rising China is good for everybody.

One of the things we’ve accomplished over the last three years is to establish a strong dialogue and working relationship with China across a whole range of issues. And where we have serious differences, we’ve been able to express those differences without it spiraling into a bad place.

I think the Chinese government respects us, respects what we’re trying to do, recognizes that we’re going to be players in the Asia Pacific region for the long term, but I think also recognize that we have in no way inhibited them from continuing their extraordinary growth.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/20/obama-on-whether-the-u-s-is-trying-to-contain-china/

Pretty cool when you can be an incumbent and lie your #### off. The Chinese govt. looks at the US as a joke. I spent 3 years in Thailad and they see us as a joke.

Learn Mandarin.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mandarin rocks ;) Just saying.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How would you look at a country that had plenty resources, yet is in debt to China and cant even pay them back. headbonk.gif

AOS (from K1 Visa)

December 06, 2011 – Married

December 23, 2011 - Sent packet (I-485, I-765, I-131 & G-1145) to Chicago Lockbox

December 27, 2011 - USCIS - Received packet

January 06, 2012 - Received receipt notice NOA

January 14, 2012 - Received Biometrics appt letter

January 27, 2012 - Biometric appointment in Phoenix @ 9 am for I-485 & I-765

February 24, 2012 - Email received from USCIS they mailed RFE for I-485

February 29, 2012 - Received RFE for I-485 in the mail.

March 26, 2012 - Sent requested evidence (transcript 2010)

April 02, 2012 - Email notification that NBC received documents

April 10, 2012 - Received email that Travel Document was approved

April 10, 2012 - Received email that EAD was in production

April 13, 2012 - Received 2nd email that EAD was in production

April 16, 2012 - Received email that EAD was mailed

April 17, 2012 - Received email that NBC interview scheduled for May 18, 2012

April 18, 2012 - Received EAD/Travel Card in the mail

May 18, 2012 - Interview at Phoenix USCIS office

August 07, 2012 - I-485 approved

August 07 & 09 - Received email/texts from USCIS

August 15, 2012 - Received Green Cards in the mail

an1cJZC0g410810MTAwNjA3c3w1OTgwMzk3c2F8RGF5cyBNYXJyaWVk.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Nigeria? I'd worry a lot!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It's Time for China to Pay Its Debts to the United States

By Peter Huessy

Published August 26, 2011

| FoxNews.com

• 111609_obamahu.jpg AP
    Nov. 17, 2010: President Obama walks with Chinese President Hu Jintao during a welcome ceremony at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.

Many people assume China has the U.S. over a barrel. The country buys so much of our debt—around $800 billion—that we cannot "rock the boat" when it comes to U.S. and China relations. That has meant not pressing the PRC "too hard" when it comes to North Korea, or Iran.

Just recently, a top Obama administration delegation visited the People's Republic of China. While there, the Chinese were told not to worry about the U.S. paying its debts to the country — their investments in the U.S. were safe. True enough.

But, I was struck with the fact that the PRC, however, does not pay its debts to the U.S. Now, that may strike most Americans as a "You must be kidding story". But in fact it is true.

Many decades ago, China sold sovereign bonds worldwide to investors in many nations. They sold tens of thousands of these bonds on U.S. soil to American citizens on the recommendation of our government, indicating it was a solid investment.

Over the last sixty years, China has refused to pay to these bondholders either the principal or interest on these full faith and credit sovereign bonds. (To say nothing of the hundreds of billions also owed to U.S. artists from unpaid royalties on the more recent sale of pirated CD's and videos, but that's another story).

In 1987, threatened with being kept out of the British financial markets, China acknowledged the debt in owed from the sale of these exact same bonds to British investors. As part of the Great Britain-PRC agreement on Hong Kong, the PRC agreed to pay its debt to British citizens who owned these same bonds. By paying the British bondholders, but no other bond owners worldwide, including U.S. bondholders, China "selectively defaulted" on these bonds.

Standard and Poor's claims it does not have to find the PRC in selective default because under their view of things, it is their first amendment right NOT to discuss certain things or take such things up. Well, not so fast, boys and girls.

Under the rules, they are granted a license by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) of the United States to be a nationally recognized statistical rating organization (NRSRO), a charter to assess the risk of investing in sovereign and corporate debt, stocks, or bonds. The "selective default" of the PRC must be acknowledged,in that the metrics used by the NRSRO organizations that they themselves have promised to follow as part of their license agreement includes just such a requirement.

Now if China was found in selective default, this would cause the PRC to have to pay considerably more to finance its debt than it does now. Billions more.

But because everyone thinks the PRC is the strong economic horse, S&P fudges this issue big time and does a disservice to the American people. It is as if you could pay a credit agency to write-up your credit score according to your own rules! Well... wouldn't that be nice?

Ironically, with the fall of Saddam Hussein's government in Iraq, the PRC insisted at the United Nations that any successor government in Iraq must be held to pay its debts, including debts to China. The U.N. approved.

Under international law as it has been understood for centuries, successor governments, no matter the circumstances of the establishment of a new government, whether by revolution or civil war, must pay the sovereign debt incurred by its predecessor. But currently, the People's Republic of China owes a debt of over $750 billion to American citizens who are holding these full faith and credit sovereign bonds (many of them denominated in gold) sold to them by the Republic of China. Worldwide, the debt China owes to all bondholders is estimated to be several trillion dollars. The debt owed to the American people should be paid. The U.S. government could dollar for dollar offset bond interest we owe China with interest, principal and penalties China owes us.

That would be $750 billion. Split 10 to 1, the U.S. taxpayer saves $700 billion in debt payments and the bond holders could receive the balance. As part of the deal, each state could receive badly needed investment funds as well.[ABF Charities, a 501©3 organization devoted to humanitarian projects across all of the United States could distribute these funds]

And we could contribute significantly over a period of years to reduced U.S. debt. That could even be part of the upcoming budget and debt agreement, paid down over a period of years.

But as Michael Auslin of the American Enterprise Institute writes in The National Review, "Beijing's plan since the early 1980s has been clear: Get strong. But in its success, China has developed the idea that the world's rules don't apply to it." And I might add, when called to account for its behavior, it throws geostrategic temper tantrums.

Auslin suggests we imagine a China that protects U.S. intellectual property, pays its sovereign debts, upholds its contracts, and just for good measure, does not aim over a thousand missiles at Taiwan!

Yes, America pays its debts -- as we have assured Beijing.

Now, let's ensure we hold the PRC to account for its illegal behavior. Rules are there for a purpose. As my grandfather used to tell me, "Good fences make good neighbors." China must pay its debts, too. All $750 billion!

Peter Huessy is President of GeoStrategic Analysis, a defense forecasting firm he founded in 1981.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1kCZXNQwJ

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

I heard China is going to pay it's debt to the US in the form of licensing all it's Windows products. Microsoft will be in charge of US politics overnight.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"