Nick B

Competent attorney

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I just got engaged to a lady in Manila and am ready to start the K-1 process. Does anyone know of a GOOD attorney they can recommend, one that is detailed, returns phone calls and ideally has some connections in Manila in case there are any problems?

Try asking under the Philippines forum, you may get more replies there.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I just got engaged to a lady in Manila and am ready to start the K-1 process. Does anyone know of a GOOD attorney they can recommend, one that is detailed, returns phone calls and ideally has some connections in Manila in case there are any problems?

For a more detailed response, consider reposting at the Philippines Regional Forum.

Though it may be hard to find any attorney that matches your criteria...lol. :lol:

Good luck,

YMMV.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

An attorney to file a K1 is a waste of money. You are basically paying an attorney to put information down on a form that must all come directly from you and your fiance. I have helped a couple of people to file and they got through. You are better off just following the information on this website.

Renee

http://www.gurfinkel.com/

is your's a straight forward case? perhaps you can ask some questions here and do it yourself.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

An attorney to file a K1 is a waste of money. You are basically paying an attorney to put information down on a form that must all come directly from you and your fiance. I have helped a couple of people to file and they got through. You are better off just following the information on this website.

they are correct. you don't need an attorney to help you...let you fiancee do the process, and you can ask questions here as everybody here are very helpful

I just got engaged to a lady in Manila and am ready to start the K-1 process. Does anyone know of a GOOD U.S. attorney they can recommend, one that is detailed, returns phone calls and ideally has some connections in Manila in case there are any problems?

Just got finished. My love is here and we have filed AOS. I used an attorney and it was a complete waste of money. Ask questions and do it yourself. You can do it.

P>s.-- No such thing as a competent attorney that returns phone calls. It's like the myth of the unicorn.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got finished. My love is here and we have filed AOS. I used an attorney and it was a complete waste of money. Ask questions and do it yourself. You can do it.

P>s.-- No such thing as a competent attorney that returns phone calls. It's like the myth of the unicorn.

Sort of like the concept of military intelligence, or jumbo shrimp... an oxymoron.

:lol:

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** two topics on the same question merged. Please only post once regarding an isue/ question ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Amen to that Scruffy!! :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

i'll do it for ya :)

i am not an attorney but i did sleep at a holiday inn express :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Nick...for heaven's sake...don't do all the work and then pay someone to put your paperwork in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and drop it in the mailbox. You can do that yourself for free. I'll help you. Here you go...

Step 1: Fill out form I-129F and form G-325A. Also, fill out a separate G-325A for your fiancée. You can get the current forms straight from the USCIS website if you click here. She has to sign her G-325A. Then make two copies of everything.

Let us know when you are ready for step 2. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nick...for heaven's sake...don't do all the work and then pay someone to put your paperwork in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and drop it in the mailbox. You can do that yourself for free. I'll help you. Here you go...

Step 1: Fill out form I-129F and form G-325A. Also, fill out a separate G-325A for your fiancée. You can get the current forms straight from the USCIS website if you click here. She has to sign her G-325A. Then make two copies of everything.

Let us know when you are ready for step 2. :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Lawerence R Holmes. I got a lawyer just because I was so scared at the time of being recently divorced. (I was seperated long before but it took awhile for the divorce to go through because I was stationed in Korea.)

They do all the work and filing for you , and they are actual lawyers not "agents".

All we had to do was send them some copies of documents,pay the fees, and they filled the forms and mailed them off for us. Only thing I had to do was request the expedite.

Not to costly, and offer monthly payments to what you can afford. If your military , they give a discount.

You don't need a lawyer , but if you get one , I d go with these guys , they always answer the phone.

I m just a paranoid guy, and still come here to make sure we have everything :P.

Anyway, I m done with my promoting.

~Chad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.