anjp

CR-1 - Couldnt Find the USC

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Without assuming anything life threatening of her husband, it could be that he no longer wishes to continue with the relationship but she wants to for whatever reason (could be that she still loves him and worried about him or could be that she wants to get the paper).

in anycase, this is a sad situation. Can't the beneficiary contact his relatives? parents anyone?

Hi everyone. A friend of mine was having a problem finding his husband here in the US. Its been, I think 6 mos. since their last communication. Her husband petitioned her and it was approved I think in 2009. It took a while before they were able to submit all their documents for DS230 and supporting docs. By mid of 2011, NVC sent a mail to her husband here in the US regarding some documents needed to proceed with the visa processing. She doesnt know what documents are needed so she decided to call the NVC here and the operator told her she only needs DS230 Part 1. She just mailed it to NVC few days ago and still waiting to confirm if NVC received it.

My question are:

1. Can she still come over here knowing her petition was approved but she couldnt get a hold of her husband?

2. I saw some information that some documents have lapsing period especially the affidavit of support. Does her husband still need to submit his affidavit?

3. What does she need to do?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She may not even know any of his family or friends.

ha, hence why she turned to the friend...

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

ha, hence why she turned to the friend...

It was written:

Hi everyone. A friend of mine was having a problem finding his husband here in the US.

Does not say the friend knows her husband.

Always be grateful, thankful and appreciate what you have.

GVMack

Hi everyone. A friend of mine was having a problem finding his husband here in the US. Its been, I think 6 mos. since their last communication. Her husband petitioned her and it was approved I think in 2009. It took a while before they were able to submit all their documents for DS230 and supporting docs. By mid of 2011, NVC sent a mail to her husband here in the US regarding some documents needed to proceed with the visa processing. She doesnt know what documents are needed so she decided to call the NVC here and the operator told her she only needs DS230 Part 1. She just mailed it to NVC few days ago and still waiting to confirm if NVC received it.

My question are:

1. Can she still come over here knowing her petition was approved but she couldnt get a hold of her husband?

2. I saw some information that some documents have lapsing period especially the affidavit of support. Does her husband still need to submit his affidavit?

3. What does she need to do?

*SIGH*

Why do these ridiculous stories only come from the Philippines?

What does it mean if you don't know the number above 2 and below 4? Am I a robot? Or a monkey perhaps?

Timeline

She may not even know any of his family or friends.

which is why she turned to the friend because she needs help (assuming she does know any of HIS friends or families)

It was written:

Hi everyone. A friend of mine was having a problem finding his husband here in the US.

Does not say the friend knows her husband.

you mis-read wat i wrote. i made it more clearer for you. see above,

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

I'm new here, but it definitely seems like a lot of folks on this board love to let lose with complete broadsides on people.

This lady may have done nothing. This could be a case where the long delay brought on by our favorite government agency, the INS and all its derivatives, took so long that the husband ended up having an affair and has started a new relationship with someone closer to home.

How is this the girls fault? Of course she wants to complete the process. Of course she is ever the optimist.

She is not a fly by night fiancee gold digger. The USC came over and signed on the dotted line. He made her his wife. If he has abandoned her, he at least owes her the courtesy to inform her as well as give her a divorce so she can move on with her life too.

How would you feel if you still love your spouse. You are separated from your spouse through no fault of your own. The bureaucratic red tape has kept you apart for so long that in every real possibility it seems your marriage has ended and nobody bothered to tell you it had or much less why?

You have family back at home whom you have been defending your relationship and your husband for this many months/years.

Now when you find out your ticket to America is waiting at the embassy for you. What would you do?

I'm no wide eyed innocent, and I know all about filipina scams, but in this case where they actually got married and it has been 2+ yrs since he filed there are more questions than just what happened in the last 6 months.

Why was the CR-1 delayed past 2009? past 2010? all of 2011?

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Timeline

I'm new here, but it definitely seems like a lot of folks on this board love to let lose with complete broadsides on people.

This lady may have done nothing. This could be a case where the long delay brought on by our favorite government agency, the INS and all its derivatives, took so long that the husband ended up having an affair and has started a new relationship with someone closer to home.

How is this the girls fault? Of course she wants to complete the process. Of course she is ever the optimist.

She is not a fly by night fiancee gold digger. The USC came over and signed on the dotted line. He made her his wife. If he has abandoned her, he at least owes her the courtesy to inform her as well as give her a divorce so she can move on with her life too.

She can move on with her life.. If she is married to someone and cannot hear from him then.. move on. This can be done especially since you have not been around the person long enough. She should not want to complete the process if the person who signed the dotted line is not around to support her - that does seem strange.. i would agree.

In any normal marriage .. or common relationship if your significant other went missing it would be easy to get information on the situation.

How would you feel if you still love your spouse. You are separated from your spouse through no fault of your own. The bureaucratic red tape has kept you apart for so long that in every real possibility it seems your marriage has ended and nobody bothered to tell you it had or much less why?

You have family back at home whom you have been defending your relationship and your husband for this many months/years.

Now when you find out your ticket to America is waiting at the embassy for you. What would you do?

I'm no wide eyed innocent, and I know all about filipina scams, but in this case where they actually got married and it has been 2+ yrs since he filed there are more questions than just what happened in the last 6 months.

Why was the CR-1 delayed past 2009? past 2010? all of 2011?

perhaps the same US Citizen wanted nothing to do with the process.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

perhaps the same US Citizen wanted nothing to do with the process.

You are wrong.

It sounds like the husband should have put a little more thought into that before he went over there and married her.

According to philippine law she can't move on with her life.

She can't find a filipino husband and have children that won't be illegitimate.

She can't realistically find a new foreign fiancee unless she is released from her 'marriage'. Unless she were to pay for an annulment, but most filipinas don't have the money for that.

The USC signed on the dotted line and if he is bailing out without cause, then he owes her that much to give her back her freedom to find someone else.

The foreign husband only has to file a simple divorce and they are both freed, but in this particular case, he has just disappeared. Now she is stuck in a 'marriage' that really isn't a marriage. She is being 'teased' with the prospect of escaping to the US because her visa is basically sitting there waiting for her at the embassy yet she has no real hope of getting it.

Everyone of you knows as well as i do the irresistible pull that visa has on her. American's typically have a sense of fair play, and if 'she' has played by the rules and went through the process and now its her 'husband- and i use that term loosely ' who has abdicated his role, why is she being victimized for wanting to see if her dreams are dead or not? They most likely are, but why do members of this forum take such delight in tossing her into the sea after her marriage has already hit the rocks?

I'm not saying she is going to get it. The law is the law, but for so many people to be broadsiding her is just vicious in my opinion. Is she the one who ran off after getting her visa like many other scammers do? No she met someone, they dated enough to get married and then they were separated for a very long time.

The USG seems to believe that fiancees deserve faster case resolutions than a spousal case. Marriages can and do die from neglect or absence just as much as a 'fiancee' situation.

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I agree - tis not the time to 'broadside' her with other issues.

There's ONE bit to do at NVC, nowish. The rest of 'the stuff' can be sorted after having 'the word' from an NVC human.

My fear is that the woman will, instead, EMAIL into NVC, explain (fully) the situation, and NVC will then declare her visa application abandoned.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.