keyshawn18

Good websites for International airlines

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions for good websites that specialize in international travel.I didnt have any luck on the websites for the major carriers, BA, uNITED, DELTA cONTINENTAL ETC.I even tried search engines like orbitz and best travel strore.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Kayak.com ?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thanks.I tried Kayak too.i guess the time period is what is causing the fares to be so expensive.I was looking for flights from accra ghana to denver Colorado and the price ranges from $2,000 to $3,000 in June.And I thought July was peak season.LOL.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There are websites that specialize in certain regions. For instance www.ctrip.com for China and parts of Asia. Here is one for Africa that might help www.vayama.com/cheap-flights/africa/ Where are you traveling to?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just like O said do site specific for area or country.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions for good websites that specialize in international travel.I didnt have any luck on the websites for the major carriers, BA, uNITED, DELTA cONTINENTAL ETC.I even tried search engines like orbitz and best travel strore.

We have had great luck with cheapoair.com :thumbs:

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Timeline

Travelling from Accra Ghana to denver Colorado, USA.The cheapest i found was about $2,400.I dont think it will get cheaper than that being that the dates we are choosing are in June.Thanks for all your great suggestions.This has been very helpful.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Travelling from Accra Ghana to denver Colorado, USA.The cheapest i found was about $2,400.I dont think it will get cheaper than that being that the dates we are choosing are in June.Thanks for all your great suggestions.This has been very helpful.

Are you lloking at One-way (immigrant) or round trip (non-immigrant) tickets? If you are looking at the flights on the airlines website, it could be challenging delta airlines does not allow you to book a flight originating from ACC (Accra-Ghana) online. If you provide further information on type of visa, it will be helpful in suggesting which airlines, costs etc. Personally, I prefer purchasing tickets directly from airlines.

You can try this. I personally used either Travelocity.com but now I am using Lufthansa.com as they are within a few dollars and I know I am going to be booking the flight on Lufthansa anyway. I always expect to pay around $2000 for the cheap flights and more than that for peak periods as I am going half way around the world. Remember that roundtrip tickets are usually cheaper than one-way--so most of us that had a K-1 buy the RT and cancel the return leg.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Hey use Virgin Atlantic , they have cheaper fares , but it will not be a direct flight , you connect from Heathrow to Denver

Met through a friend on Facebook

Visited Accra on June 26, 2011 ( For two weeks)

Sept 14, 2011 Mailed the petition express

Sept 16, 2011.................................... NOA 1

Feb 01,2012...................................... NOA 2

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Concerning getting airline tickets. Is it wise to get a one way ticket while attending your fiancee's interview? Once he/she is approved, then we would get another one way ticket back to the States.

Edited by crea78

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hello,

I've used both Kayak and SkyScanner; it pays to vary your day of the week travel time as well as time of year.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

airlines and vacation websites use this, also downloadable for iphone or android, really easy

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Concerning getting airline tickets. Is it wise to get a one way ticket while attending your fiancee's interview? Once he/she is approved, then we would get another one way ticket back to the States.

I have never been in such a situation but I would think it is logical for you to purchase a round-trip ticket (you may not be allowed into certain countries with a one-way ticket) because you are a "tourist" (technically). So, I would suggest you purchase a round-trip for yourself and puchase insurance on your ticket so that you can easily change your departure date and the purchase a one-way ticket for your fiancee for the same ailine (possibly change seats so you sit together :) on your way back to the United States. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.