Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2012

1,078 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

YE YOUPI YOUPI Guys i told you, in the name of Jesus, i wwas gonna be NVC Filers-January group, i told you... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee< youpiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Congrats on ur approval...and good luck in the rest of your journey

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congrats on ur approval...and good luck in the rest of your journey

Thanks a lot...

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE BEEN APPROVED, my wife receive a letter from USCIS saying the case has been approved since janaury 25th and forwarded to NVC. I check the website every single hour and i see the same message appear" RFE RESPONSE under review " since january 19th. SHould we be happy?

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Youpiii ! Félicitations !

Welcome to NVC! I hope you're gonna have your case number fast. Once you have it, everything goes real quick!

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guessing I'm joining the January club :D

April 2007- Met while I was in sophomore year in high school by his house

December 16th 2010- engaged

May 28th 2011- married in Sāo Paulo<3 <3

July 13th- Sent I-130

July 15th- I-130 received

July 18th- received NOA1

August 1st - touched

Sept....Oct..Nov...Dec...Waiting -__-

January 24th- received NOA2 via email

January 27th- recieved NOA2 hardcopy

February 1st- NVC received

February 7th- got my case number

February 7th- got the IIN number

February 10th- payed AOS fee

February 14th- AOS PAID!

February 15th- payed IV fee

February 16th- IV PAID!

February 23rd- sent AOS & IV packages to NVC

February 24th- packages delivered at NVC

February 29th- recieved checklist

March 5th- sent back checklist items

April 30th - interview

294uvu54.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Youpiii ! Félicitations !

Welcome to NVC! I hope you're gonna have your case number fast. Once you have it, everything goes real quick!

Thank you Laure, God made a way. When they receive the document, will they inform us? How? 2-after they receive the document, will they request from us documents to submit? 3- what is the next step after they assign a number?

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

Does any January 2012 NVC case complete have any interview date yet?

My wife got an email from NVC with 14 March interview date in Manila. The case closed 1/26. I was surprised coz i was expecting to wait until mid-feb to have date.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife got an email from NVC with 14 March interview date in Manila. The case closed 1/26. I was surprised coz i was expecting to wait until mid-feb to have date.

hi when did u submitted your aos & your wife's DS? My documents are on it's way to the NVC I was just estimating how much time I need to wait thanks... Anyway congrats for the interview date, I hope it goes well w/ your wife =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Got my NVC Case number, should I go ahead and email them the DS-3032? Or should I wait for another email from them?

reg.ula.tion.me.ooow.2011 // tomcat.fight

to do list:
file i-130, petition for alien relative
get immigrant visa
get ssn card and green card
get employment authorization - not required
file I-751, petition to remove the conditions of residence (before 2nd year expires upon entry)
become a US citizen

Thank you Visajourney!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got my NVC Case number, should I go ahead and email them the DS-3032? Or should I wait for another email from them?

You still need to pay the fees before sending anything to them or at least pay aos (in my case) Just wait for their email & for further instructions good luck!!!

Edited by pars

hi when did u submitted your aos & your wife's DS? My documents are on it's way to the NVC I was just estimating how much time I need to wait thanks... Anyway congrats for the interview date, I hope it goes well w/ your wife =)

NVC received my AOS on Friday Jan. 20.

NVC received IV package on Monday Jan. 23.

Case Closed Thurs. Jan. 26

Email with interview date received Saturday Jan. 28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC received my AOS on Friday Jan. 20.

NVC received IV package on Monday Jan. 23.

Case Closed Thurs. Jan. 26

Email with interview date received Saturday Jan. 28

Wow. Can you tell us how you did it?

Where were the steps?

You still need to pay the fees before sending anything to them or at least pay aos (in my case) Just wait for their email & for further instructions good luck!!!

Yeah, I understand paying the fees. But most instructions here said to send the DS-3032 first once you get the case number.

My concern is if I send the DS-3032 too early, then it would confuse the NVC guys.

reg.ula.tion.me.ooow.2011 // tomcat.fight

to do list:
file i-130, petition for alien relative
get immigrant visa
get ssn card and green card
get employment authorization - not required
file I-751, petition to remove the conditions of residence (before 2nd year expires upon entry)
become a US citizen

Thank you Visajourney!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Yeah, I understand paying the fees. But most instructions here said to send the DS-3032 first once you get the case number.

My concern is if I send the DS-3032 too early, then it would confuse the NVC guys.

We emailed the DS-3032 after we got the case number and before any communication came from NVC and it wasn't a problem. It was accepted about 2 days later and by that time, we had received a few emails from NVC regarding our case.

Very nice of you. I just call NVC,entered our case number, they say no record for the case yet. When they receive our case, will they automatically give us a new case number?

Yes, once NVC gets your case and processes it, they'll issue a new number. A few days after that, then the AVR will update to reflect this. I'd suggest calling an operator next week though and not the AVR because an operator will be more up to date than the AVR.

I guessing I'm joining the January club :D

Grats on the NOA2! kicking.gif Welcome to the thread :)

Thank you Laure, God made a way. When they receive the document, will they inform us? How? 2-after they receive the document, will they request from us documents to submit? 3- what is the next step after they assign a number?

They won't send you an email/mail that they received your case. To find out, you'll have to call an operator and ask if they've received your case from USCIS.

Quick run-down of NVC steps:

-case number is assigned

-DS-3032 is emailed (follow template on first post)

-AOS fee is paid once available

-IV fee is paid once available

-AOS package is mailed once AOS fee appears as PAID in payment portal

-IV package is mailed once IV fee appears as PAID in payment portal

-respond to RFEs, if any

Wow, grats, you found out quickly! kicking.gif

Grats on getting your case number so quickly! Only took 9 days! blink.gif I wonder if NVC has finally caught up on their backlog...

And yes, if you have your case number, go ahead and email the DS-3032. There's a chance it might get rejected, but if it does, oh well, then you re-send it. But there's also the chance that it gets approved, and you shaved a few days off instead of waiting for the initial information email from NVC.

Wow. Can you tell us how you did it?

Where were the steps?

Clark-Kent's response above mirrors my situation. As soon as the Automated Voice System gave me the number, I sent an email version of the DS3032.

If you look back a page or so, you can see a conversation I had with another poster from France. Our times are close to identical, and i don't think unusual.

The only thing that I have to add to the info that I wrote there is that My case completed at CSC December 6. It was a full month before a case number got produced. This is my second time going through the visa process, so I knew that it would take a while, especially coming right before the holidays. I pretty much forgot about it until right after New Year. Much of the anguish with the NVC phase seems to be that period, from completion at service center to case number at NVC. I didn't pay attention, so right now i'm really happy with the NVC. If i had been pulling my hair out about if it had been received, maybe i'd be thinking differently. I've never had the government, including the post office, lose anything. Maybe i'm lucky. But, I don't think harassing them about a case number speeds anything up at all.

Once the case number was produced, i knew the next steps well from the State Department website and here. I just anticipated all that was coming and never waited for the paper instructions. The whole thing, while not technically digital yet, is pretty close. The only big hole in that statement is that i had to send in paper application.

I'm a little surprised that I got the appointment so quickly, but a good surprise is nice once in a while. My first time it was a CR-1, this time an IR-1. Both ended up coming in at about 9 months, start to finish. Not too bad. My opinion is that a lot of it has to do with being able to follow directions and anticipating how a very regulated process will work. The big waste of time in this system is the time from filing the petition with USCIS to NVC receipt. The service center is where most of the time is spent waiting. The advise here is invaluable, and all that i needed to help.

That said, i'm kind of used to online advice. You need to read a large quantity and try to piece together what is most valuable and what is most likely not-so helpful. For some reason, there are a lot of people in the world who like to act like experts when they are only repeating things that they have heard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.