brandonbeth

how did you meet your loved one

118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How did you meet your special someone? Is the most common way via the net?

sept 2010-met online

sept 08 2011-engagement day

sept 30 2011-filed k-1

oct 03 2011-received NOA1

jan 24 2012-NOA2 approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yep.....that's exactly how I met my wife....via internet. In 2001, I had a friend who met (via internet) and married a guy from New Zealand. I called her abnormal and a freak back then. Now everything's different and meeting via internet is "acceptable" to most.

The internet truly makes it a small world!

Yup! Met my hubby via FB with the assistance of a previous friend. ;). I also thought this was ABSURD before. Lol. Ohhhh Karma came back and bit me!

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We met playing poker on pokerstars.com.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met my Filipina on FilipinoCupid.com. I signed up with the intentions of searching in the U.S. I got the notion because a guy in my neighborhood married a Filipina 3 years earlier. When he got married to her, I told him he was nuts and I thought he had gone crazy.

I leave for my second trip to the Philippines within five months in two weeks. :dance: .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My hubby was stationed in Germany and he was over in England visiting his cousin who is my best friend in July 2009 (this was his second visit and only then did she think to introduce us, I'm like I thought we were best friends and look what you've been hiding!!!!!!!) - I went round her house - nearly died when I saw him because he literally was the man of my dreams and fantasies - we were only together for about 1 hour and I knew then I would marry him - we started facebook messaging then video, I went to Germany whenever I could, he proposed on the beach in Pisa, then he got re-stationed back to the USA so we had to start all the visa BS - but my greencard arrived yesterday so we've said goodbye to the government for two years and we can finally chill again like we could in the beginning.

I love my husband so much and although this process has sucked more than a vacuum cleaner we know its made our relationship strong.

How did you meet your special someone? Is the most common way via the net?

I watched my coworker marriage video from Vietnam and saw my future wife preparing the food. Inquired about her and found out she was widower. The rest is history. good.gif

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

We met on plentyoffish.com, when i signed up i had the intention of meeting a local woman but when i saw her i knew she would be mine! :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.