VeniyaAO

visa dates longer then 90 daysI

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I noticed my fiancees visa is Oct 31 2011 to Apr 26 2012

Why is the stay period longer then the 90 days?

So she can stay here until Apr 26th if we do not get married within 90 days?

Has anyone got married at like 150 days? And get the fiancee approved to be resident status afterwards?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have 6 months to use the visa, which is for entry into the United States. The 90 days has nothing to do with that part, after in the States you have 90 days to get married.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I noticed my fiancees visa is Oct 31 2011 to Apr 26 2012

Why is the stay period longer then the 90 days?

So she can stay here until Apr 26th if we do not get married within 90 days?

Has anyone got married at like 150 days? And get the fiancee approved to be resident status afterwards?

No absolutely NOT!

That means she must USE the visa to enter the USA within those dates. Immediately on entry the visa is CANCELLED (it is a single entry visa) and replaced by an I-94 which expires in 90 days. You MUST get married before the I-94 expires.

The only way you can "wait" that long to get married is to delay her entry into the US. You could wait 1 day less than 6 months for her to arrive and then wait 1 day less than 90 days to get married.

Once she enters the USA you have 90 days. Period.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Ok so she must return to her country at 90 days if she does not marry me? Or she will be illegal?

Not exactly. She would be "out of status" which is not the same as "illegal" because she DID enter legally. However if she does not go home and remains out of status for MORE THAN 180 days she will incur a ban on reentry to the US in the future. If you marry AFTER 90 days you cannot file for AOS based on a K-1 visa, you COULD file for AOS based on a new I-130 petition. It would take longer, cost more etc.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok so she must return to her country at 90 days if she does not marry me? Or she will be illegal?

that doesnt sound good lol... but that is almost correct. she would be out of status

Edited by Dan & Jenni

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

that doesnt sound good lol... but that is almost correct. she would be out of status

nm

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Hi OP, weren’t you the one that started a thread because your fiancée let you 3 weeks after her arrival? What’s up with that? Was she missing after all?

Edited by mari&Ryan

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi OP, weren’t you the one that started a thread because your fiancée let you 3 weeks after her arrival? What’s up with that? Was she missing after all?

Yes this is the same person, he also said he did not have a copy of her visa or anything to report her - i'm curious if she has now come back and or he found her.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Yes this is the same person, he also said he did not have a copy of her visa or anything to report her - i'm curious if she has now come back and or he found her.

good grief.

Dude, if she bugged out, just let USCIS know in a registered letter and be done with her.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

She is back living with me. We talked alot, things are good now. She went to her cousins house. I flew across the country and met her cousin and she came back with me 1 week after she left. I would advise against filing a report against someone so quickly. She is a young finance and it seemed the big change from her family to a while to get adjusted to. She has a good heart.

Edited by VeniyaAO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Good luck, you're gonna need it.....

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

I really hope it works out for you... She came Nov 15 and you have 3 months from that date to get married... As a K-1 visa holder she can only get married and adjust through you with certain exceptions. If she doesn't marry you, she has to leave after the 90 days. If she marries you and it doesn't work out, there are ways for her to adjust on her own.

:ot: My advice is, do some research on how former K-1s adjusted without the help of their spouses and re-read the former thread you posted.

Excellent advice - I hope the OP takes it. I remember the tone of the former post and it was not good.

Granted, there are always adjustments that a newly arrived fiance must make, but to just up and leave without any notice does not bode well. When you add in ALL the cell phone activity with other men, that's inexcusable.

I wonder if the OP's fiance did some research while gone and found out she needs to get married to adjust status. :whistle:

I was wondering the same thing... :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.