love4life09

Does anyone know the best Civil Surgeon to use in Oklahoma City?

11 posts in this topic

Hello VJers ! Does anyone know if we can we have a private doctor complete our vaccinations and take that record with the DS3025 record to a Civil Surgeon to have them transribed to the I 693 ? Thanks !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you can have your personal doctor do the shots for you - then take the vaccination list and have them do the 693 vaccination transcription at a civil surgeon yes.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Dr. Kathleen E Lewis

1300 McGee Drive, Suite 100, Norman, OK 73072

(405) 321-0406

Half an hour from OKC.

She did my transcription for $30, I had to go get a flu shot at the pharmacy next door.

Chinook was a K-1er from the Philippines, and she didn't need any shots stateside. What shots do you need?

Im not sure how to translate the DS 3025 really. At the bottom left it says VACCINE HISTORY INCOMPLETE. I was assuming that some of the vaccs recieved at USEM were a series ,to be completed here in the US ? Good to hear from you !

Im not sure how to translate the DS 3025 really. At the bottom left it says VACCINE HISTORY INCOMPLETE. I was assuming that some of the vaccs recieved at USEM were a series ,to be completed here in the US ? Good to hear from you !

I think the only series might be the Varicella shots. However, Chinook was not required to get any Varicella shots because she is over 25 years old.

Maybe it says her vaccine history is incomplete because she has no record of any vaccinations prior to the ones at St. Lukes. If that's what it means, then there's nothing to worry about because she had all the required shots at St. Lukes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think the only series might be the Varicella shots. However, Chinook was not required to get any Varicella shots because she is over 25 years old.

Maybe it says her vaccine history is incomplete because she has no record of any vaccinations prior to the ones at St. Lukes. If that's what it means, then there's nothing to worry about because she had all the required shots at St. Lukes.

No. Firstly "Chinook" isn't excluded from Varicella at age 25. Here are the vaccination age requirements: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/adult/mmwr-adult-schedule.pdf (see page 2 and ignore HPV and Zoster). There will be another reason why it wasn't needed or perhaps when you did AOS a few years ago it wasn't needed. Or perhaps she has "VH".

"Vaccine History incomplete" means that she doesn't have every single shot listed on the DS-3025. It is virtually impossible to have every shot, and also not required for immigration.

I suggest you scan the DS-3025, delete any personal info, and upload it for us to look at. As long as she has VH (or the shots), MMR, Tdap, and possibly flu she's fine. Some shots may still need to be done, but as long as she was complete at the time of the medical then she'll be fine.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Vanessa...You're right. I talked to Chinook and she said it wasn't the Varicella vaccine she was exempt from because of her age, it was the HPV vaccine. And, apparently, St. Lukes doesn't require the Varicella shots for those who provide a vaccination report from their doctor showing that they were already vaccinated against it.

Additionally, if the patient doesn't provide a vaccination report, and the patient claims they have ready had chickenpox, St. Lukes doctors look for chickenpox scars to verify that the patient indeed had chickenpox already! If they identify a chickenpox scar, then the patient won't be given a Varicella shot.

Now I'm thinking the only shot the OP might possibly need is the follow-up Varicella shot.

At St. Lukes, Chinook received shots for MMR, Tdap, and the flu.

Interestingly, K-1ers technically don't have to get any shots in order to get their visa. The following is a quote from the U.S. Embassy Manila website:

“K” visa applicants, as nonimmigrant visa applicants, are technically not subject to the vaccination requirement.

“K” visa applicants who refuse to comply with the vaccination requirement will not be denied a visa on that basis. As a matter of expediency, however, it is encouraged that “K” visa applicants meet the vaccination requirement before they are admitted into the U.S.

My link.

Also, I've read before here on VJ where some K-1ers don't submit their I-693 when they AOS, and they don't receive an RFE. However, Chinook and I included the I-693 in our AOS packet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Now I'm thinking the only shot the OP might possibly need is the follow-up Varicella shot.

Interestingly, K-1ers technically don't have to get any shots in order to get their visa. The following is a quote from the U.S. Embassy Manila website:

Also, I've read before here on VJ where some K-1ers don't submit their I-693 when they AOS, and they don't receive an RFE. However, Chinook and I included the I-693 in our AOS packet.

You don't need follow up shots as long as your shots were up-to-date at the time of the K1 medical, which the OP's notes indicate they were. I know that other shots in the same series are missing but that doesn't mean they're required for AOS. If say for VH all shots were missing then she'd need to see a CS. If only one from the series was missing then that should still be okay. That said for personal reasons (and not immigration) I would make sure she finishes off any series. Chicken pox as an adult can be extremely dangerous.

You are right that a K1 doesn't NEED shots to get the K1 visa but as many of us have seen, it's better to get all the shots done at the K1 medical so you don't need a CS here in the US 'cause a lot of them are scammers.

You are also right that an I-693 transcription isn't always needed. Given the confusion with the new I-693 and its instructions I would send the DS-3025 before messing around with a CS here.

You don't need follow up shots as long as your shots were up-to-date at the time of the K1 medical, which the OP's notes indicate they were. I know that other shots in the same series are missing but that doesn't mean they're required for AOS. If say for VH all shots were missing then she'd need to see a CS. If only one from the series was missing then that should still be okay. That said for personal reasons (and not immigration) I would make sure she finishes off any series. Chicken pox as an adult can be extremely dangerous.

You are right that a K1 doesn't NEED shots to get the K1 visa but as many of us have seen, it's better to get all the shots done at the K1 medical so you don't need a CS here in the US 'cause a lot of them are scammers.

You are also right that an I-693 transcription isn't always needed. Given the confusion with the new I-693 and its instructions I would send the DS-3025 before messing around with a CS here.

Thanks for the feedback, Vanessa.

I agree, why mess around with a civil surgeon...the shots are included in the cost of the St. Lukes medical.

I didn't think it was all in my imagination about the I-693 not being needed for AOS. I haven't seen any K-1ers get an RFE for it, but then again, I haven't really been looking for it lately.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I like Lainie B - $30 sound like a good price, in AZ we used my medical and saved money, plans do not cover uscis paperwork. I think it was about 60-75, but have to get it done, she got a TB check and DR reviewed her x-rays. Prior shots were all good.

Edited by bigdog

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.