Marina21

K1 visa from Ukraine

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We have just started our K1 visa process and received our NOA1. Unfortunately, we can't be in the same country while we're waiting for my visa. We miss each other a lot and we do hope this process won't be delayed and it'll run smoothly. So I'm looking for someone from Ukraine who has already passed this process successfully, someone who could help in case we have any questions regarding filling the documents and the interview.

I'm looking forward to your responds! Happy New Year everyone!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Everyone suffers the Skype syndrome (someone is always up early or late) to keep in touch, follow the VJ guides and see specific information on and from Ukraine members. Good Luck and welcome.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

We have just started our K1 visa process and received our NOA1. Unfortunately, we can't be in the same country while we're waiting for my visa. We miss each other a lot and we do hope this process won't be delayed and it'll run smoothly. So I'm looking for someone from Ukraine who has already passed this process successfully, someone who could help in case we have any questions regarding filling the documents and the interview.

Waiting is the hardest part. I've been myself in this situation and getting really close to the end of this long journey. Everyone here will be more then happy to help with the process.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from K1 to RUB forum as OP is specifically looking for Ukrainian experiences ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

We all know about the frustration of being apart and the waiting. Several of us will be happy to advise you about things dealing with Ukraine but you will need to become familiar with the Russia, Ukraine & Belarus forum or as be call it, the RUB. We have a lot of fun but also have very practical advise too.

First is to learn patience. This is a long and frustrating process and if you stress over the delays it will make it seem longer.

Next, find things to do in preparation of your fiance/fiancee arriving. Or on the other side, look to getting all those little things you think might be needed in the future to be translated (like school transcripts) prepared.

Become a regular poster to the RUB and you will make new friends that will know the problems you are likely to incur along the way and after the arrival.

Finally, respond as quickly as possible to any Requests for Evidence (RFE) you might receive from USCIS.

Good luck and relax.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Become a regular poster to the RUB and you will make new friends that will know the problems you are likely to incur along the way and after the arrival.

Congrats on your start....all will be OK as long as you have a legit relationship.

You'd be surprised at the number of friends, many you will actually meet i person and many, like my wife, can call to your fiance to help explain things, etc.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, Marina!

Are you the beneficiary?

Welcome to the RUB forum :)

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Wishing you a speedy and successful journey! The RUB forum has been and continues to be a great source of information.

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Here's some links to help you Marina, and I'm sure you will get helpful replies on here from people who have recently went through the K1 process in Ukraine. :)

Make sure you download and use the most recent and up to date forms from the USCIS site.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a10e4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-procedures/

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?letter=U

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ukraine&cty=&dfilter=5

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=ru

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck. Yeah there are a bunch of us here and best news for you...We are the most clever and most helpful of all people with foreign fiancees. Ukraine ROCKS!!! (I could be biased)

Check out the Russia-Ukraine-Belarus sub forum. It is the best regional subforum also :dance:

MANY Ukrainian folks have been through the process all the way from petition to citizenship and they are all willing to help you. Plus trade helpful tips on the care and feeding of Ukrainians, borscht recipes, how to wash floors, etc.

*** Moving from K1 to RUB forum as OP is specifically looking for Ukrainian experiences ***

Proving once again that the Irish/Swiss are the second most clever breed of cat! Thats Penguin.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Gary, I didn't realize you were a kiss up! I'm disappointed. :jest:

I was being sincere. :rolleyes:

Penguin is a good one, VV, Kathryn is OK too. Charles has redeeming qualities, he is Texican and likes guns, so ...whatever.

Kricket? I am thinking the onion head avatar is actually her recent photo. :dead:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't forget T-Bone. He's like another RUB member to me, da man :)

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Don't forget T-Bone. He's like another RUB member to me, da man :)

Tbone is a good guy, not a moderator, nyet man, but a great and determined man. He did not marry a RUB woman but he could have! He is THAT good. :P He has a mucho lucky Senora Tbone.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.