F & J

I-751 January 2012 Filers

1,523 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all!

Been a few weeks since posting; hope everyone's journeys are going smoothly.

Saw a few posts saying they've not been able to find their status online and just wanted to mention that I had the same problem, until I used the receipt number from biometrics appointment (this had changed since receiving the ASC). Maybe this was stupidity on my part but just thought I'd mention it in case others had done the same!

Also; my wife went to her biometrics appoint and I'm honestly not too sure about the outcome. Apparently they were having a problem with the scanner that day and they had tried 10 different times to scan her fingers. They were eventually able to get one hand scanned and matched up but not the other.....

No way I'm paying another biometrics fee just because they were having internal problems with their scanners but just thought I'd mention it to see if there was anyone else that had this problem.

Yes, my husband had a similar problem with the machine. We think they got it sorted out that day since he hasn't been called back in again. We did, however, get an interview. The IO mentioned something about him having done biometrics already, so I guess it worked out okay. It is my understanding that you wouldn't have to pay another fee, just go to another appointment. Be sure to watch for another letter in the mail. I think you would hear fairly quickly from them if there is a problem.

event.png

Totally forgot, we did our biometrics last week on the 13th, all went well.

We did have some trouble finding the place since it had moved and is now to be found in a mall instead of next to jail.

I have tried today to see if there is a status update but it says we're not in there yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Doing my biometrics in an hour and a half. Hooray!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Hi to all. So I just wanna say that I feel so relieved to be done with the interview yesterday coz I've been on pins and needles every since we got the notice in the mail.

Anyway, here are the details of our interview: So our appointment was at 8:40am but we were called in after an hour and a half later. I was surprised to see that our IO was the same IO we had when we were interviewed two years ago (I mean, what are the chances?!). She led us both to her room and then we were sworn in. I noticed that the papers she had in front of her were: the stack of docs I submitted two months ago and just a scratch paper to jot her notes on. On the top pile was the application form and from there, she starts asking me about my basic info: name, other names I have used, date of birth, birthplace, current address, etc...in short,just pretty much asking me the same stuff she was reading off the application. Then she asked me if this was the application from the same marriage two years ago, I said yes. She asked about children together (we dont have kids together but my husband has two but was not married to the girl). She asked about my job, I told her I work part time but also go to school full time. She asked where I study and what course I am taking. She also asked about my previous divorce: when I got married, when the divorce was finalized, and why we were separated (which I decided to not go into too much detail, I just said "it didnt work out"). She also asked how my husband and I met, how long we dated before we got married, and when we got married. Then she turned to my husband and asked the same things she asked from me from the application (his name, ssn, dob, etc). She asked if he was employed, he said he lost his job last year and has been going to school since then in another nearby state. We told her we see each other every two weeks or when our budget/schedule allows. She also asked what school he goes to and what course he is taking.

She did not ask for transcripts (which we brought) or any other documents (we brought new bills and photos). Then she asked how we pay the bills. I got slightly confused about that coz I thought she meant where we get the money from. We told her from my part time work, and that both our parents are helping out-we live with my parents, and his parents help him with his tuition fees. And the IO said, "No, I mean, how do you pay your bills, by check, cash, etc..". We said, Oh, you mean through online with our bank. She said yes, that's what I meant. Then she said, "Ok, well that is the end of the interview, I don't have your original files with me (meaning my previous files from the years I've been here), but when I get those, I will let you know in a few weeks. Before we left, I asked her if she need the three passport pics they asked for (the notice said bring 3 pics if passport has expired and two if passport is still valid).She said, yeah, I probably should get that. Then I also said that we mailed a change of address form two months ago but never got a confirmation. She said, no, we never really send confirmations for those. And that was that. Entire interview took about 15 minutes (although it sure felt much longer than that). I was just relieved that we weren't asked too many questions and did not have to turn in any new paperwork. All the time during our interview, our IO was scribbling our replies on a scratch paper.She didn't even flip past the application form. When we got home, I checked online right away and the status hasn't changed. I was not really surprised by this coz the last time, it took two months of waiting after our first interview and within those two months, we even had a surprise visit in our home from a uscis officer.

So the waiting game continues and I hope that we have met all the things they needed from us coz it sure has been a long journey and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome...

I'm glad that part is now over for you, almondmilkteagirl. Hopefully you and your husband will hear something positive very soon. good.gif Thank you for sharing your experience.

Just like menina's interview, it seems that the IO was interested in some of the financial aspects of your marriage. I wonder why.

Anyway, I have checked the other threads and noticed that one November filer has been approved recently while more October filers have also been getting great news from CSC this week. May things really keep moving for us all. There is a pretty slim chance for this to happen but it's possible: I'd like to receive my green card before I fly to the PH in the last week of April.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm glad that part is now over for you, almondmilkteagirl. Hopefully you and your husband will hear something positive very soon. good.gif Thank you for sharing your experience.

Just like menina's interview, it seems that the IO was interested in some of the financial aspects of your marriage. I wonder why.

Anyway, I have checked the other threads and noticed that one November filer has been approved recently while more October filers have also been getting great news from CSC this week. May things really keep moving for us all. There is a pretty slim chance for this to happen but it's possible: I'd like to receive my green card before I fly to the PH in the last week of April.

I don't want to let you down but... CSC is still working on September filers too...:whistle:

Here is some examples...

VJName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

CHUCKH...............09/06/11........09/08/11.......10/03/11........03/22/12....(RFE received 12/16, responded 01/26)

LOVABLE81............09/13/11........09/15/11.......10/24/11........03/15/12....

DAVINCHI.............09/13/11........09/22/11.......11/02/11........03/16/12....

SELMA&ELVIR..........09/14/11........09/16/11.......10/21/11........03/13/12....

1LUVV................09/16/11........09/19/11.......10/31/11........03/19/12....

MATT & BING..........09/16/11........09/19/11.......10/24/11........03/21/12....

JULY09BRIDE..........09/24/11........09/26/11.......10/31/11........--/--/--....(RFE received 03/19)

I don't want to let you down but... CSC is still working on September filers too...:whistle:

Here is some examples...

VJName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

CHUCKH...............09/06/11........09/08/11.......10/03/11........03/22/12....(RFE received 12/16, responded 01/26)

LOVABLE81............09/13/11........09/15/11.......10/24/11........03/15/12....

DAVINCHI.............09/13/11........09/22/11.......11/02/11........03/16/12....

SELMA&ELVIR..........09/14/11........09/16/11.......10/21/11........03/13/12....

1LUVV................09/16/11........09/19/11.......10/31/11........03/19/12....

MATT & BING..........09/16/11........09/19/11.......10/24/11........03/21/12....

JULY09BRIDE..........09/24/11........09/26/11.......10/31/11........--/--/--....(RFE received 03/19)

Yes, I've noticed that; nevertheless, things are rolling the right way.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Timeline

Hi to all. So I just wanna say that I feel so relieved to be done with the interview yesterday coz I've been on pins and needles every since we got the notice in the mail.

Anyway, here are the details of our interview: So our appointment was at 8:40am but we were called in after an hour and a half later. I was surprised to see that our IO was the same IO we had when we were interviewed two years ago (I mean, what are the chances?!). She led us both to her room and then we were sworn in. I noticed that the papers she had in front of her were: the stack of docs I submitted two months ago and just a scratch paper to jot her notes on. On the top pile was the application form and from there, she starts asking me about my basic info: name, other names I have used, date of birth, birthplace, current address, etc...in short,just pretty much asking me the same stuff she was reading off the application. Then she asked me if this was the application from the same marriage two years ago, I said yes. She asked about children together (we dont have kids together but my husband has two but was not married to the girl). She asked about my job, I told her I work part time but also go to school full time. She asked where I study and what course I am taking. She also asked about my previous divorce: when I got married, when the divorce was finalized, and why we were separated (which I decided to not go into too much detail, I just said "it didnt work out"). She also asked how my husband and I met, how long we dated before we got married, and when we got married. Then she turned to my husband and asked the same things she asked from me from the application (his name, ssn, dob, etc). She asked if he was employed, he said he lost his job last year and has been going to school since then in another nearby state. We told her we see each other every two weeks or when our budget/schedule allows. She also asked what school he goes to and what course he is taking.

She did not ask for transcripts (which we brought) or any other documents (we brought new bills and photos). Then she asked how we pay the bills. I got slightly confused about that coz I thought she meant where we get the money from. We told her from my part time work, and that both our parents are helping out-we live with my parents, and his parents help him with his tuition fees. And the IO said, "No, I mean, how do you pay your bills, by check, cash, etc..". We said, Oh, you mean through online with our bank. She said yes, that's what I meant. Then she said, "Ok, well that is the end of the interview, I don't have your original files with me (meaning my previous files from the years I've been here), but when I get those, I will let you know in a few weeks. Before we left, I asked her if she need the three passport pics they asked for (the notice said bring 3 pics if passport has expired and two if passport is still valid).She said, yeah, I probably should get that. Then I also said that we mailed a change of address form two months ago but never got a confirmation. She said, no, we never really send confirmations for those. And that was that. Entire interview took about 15 minutes (although it sure felt much longer than that). I was just relieved that we weren't asked too many questions and did not have to turn in any new paperwork. All the time during our interview, our IO was scribbling our replies on a scratch paper.She didn't even flip past the application form. When we got home, I checked online right away and the status hasn't changed. I was not really surprised by this coz the last time, it took two months of waiting after our first interview and within those two months, we even had a surprise visit in our home from a uscis officer.

So the waiting game continues and I hope that we have met all the things they needed from us coz it sure has been a long journey and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome...

Glad to hear the interview went well for you. It sounds almost exactly like ours including the taking notes on another page and reading the answers off our form to verify they were correct. I don't know if our IO had our previous files or not, but I think so. Everything was in one of this folders with the large clip at the top. She was flipping through the pages, but I'm not sure if it was just the pages from our ROC submission or everything. Maybe that is the delay that they are waiting on our complete file to arrive. I can't believe they made you wait for 2 months after AOS and visited your home. Crossing my fingers for all of us to be through this stage soon!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Feedback on my Biometrics appointment this morning -

My appointment was at 10am in Oxnard, California. It was easy to find, its in a fairly new looking office park. Walked in, filled in a form, and was immediately called to get my prints taken. They had snazzy machines that were much nicer than the machines that looks my prints two years ago. Very sensitive, got every print first time. The tech then got me to put my signature on a pad, then took my picture. I got to approve the picture, haha. I was in and out in 15 minutes. My tech was called Lisa, she was lovely!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, quick update on my case.

I requested an INFOPASS…

Upon my arrival to the USCIC Center in Dallas I was directed to the check-in window and soon an IO called me. I explained her I had trouble renewing my DL and she asked for my passport. She informed me the case was still pending and stamped my passport for 1 year then she advised me that if I don’t get any response by then, I can come back and request a new stamp.

I asked her about the updates online and she explained me that once the case is in Vermont they don’t post online updates anymore. She added that there are SO many cases to be reviewed that it’s taking a long time. She also informed me that at this point I have nothing to worry about because I am a resident already, it’s more about formality.

Day 1 25-Jan package sent

Day 6 30-Jan extension notice

Day 8 1-Feb check cashed

Day 10 3-Feb biometric notice

Day 31 24-Feb biometrics taken

Day 44 8-Mar CG expired

Day 59 23-Mar INFOPASS / passport stamped for 1 year

Edited by brindallas

Timeline

I requested an INFOPASS…

Upon my arrival to the USCIC Center in Dallas I was directed to the check-in window and soon an IO called me. I explained her I had trouble renewing my DL and she asked for my passport. She informed me the case was still pending and stamped my passport for 1 year then she advised me that if I don’t get any response by then, I can come back and request a new stamp.

I asked her about the updates online and she explained me that once the case is in Vermont they don’t post online updates anymore. She added that there are SO many cases to be reviewed that it’s taking a long time. She also informed me that at this point I have nothing to worry about because I am a resident already, it’s more about formality.

Day 8 1-Feb check cashed

Day 44 8-Mar CG expired

Just curious why you scheduled an Infopass. I am thinking about doing one too since it has been a month since our interview with no news.

event.png

Just curious why you scheduled an Infopass. I am thinking about doing one too since it has been a month since our interview with no news.

I think it's because she had trouble renewing her driver's license.

I requested an INFOPASS…

Day 8 1-Feb check cashed

Day 44 8-Mar CG expired

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I like the last sentence a lot! cool.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, I was just thinking of adding my name on the January Filer list, then saw that someone already did it for me. good.gif

Thanks! laughing.gif

01/13/2012 - I-751 application package mailed to CSC via USPS

01/14/2012 - Package delivered

01/19/2012 - $590 check cleared

01/20/2012 - NOA received, receipt dated 01/17/2012

01/24/2012 - Biometric appointment notice received - 2/10

02/10/2012 - Biometrics taken

07/05/2012 - Green Card arrived in mail! (No approval letter received prior to the card, no interview)

Done with USCIS until... well, next year, for N-400 :)

12/19/2012 - N-400 application mailed to Phoenix

12/21/2012 - Package delivered

12/31/2012 - NOA received

01/09/2013 - Biometric appointment notice received

01/17/2013 - Biometrics taken

02/19/2013 - Interview request letter received - interview scheduled on 03/21/2013

65d5f66966.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.