dwheels76

presenting pictures

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay I am in a quantry as to how to put pictures together.

Any opinions, suggestions are greatly needed.

I know many say pictures aren't needed turning the initial I-130 PETITION filing or even NVC but everybody has their own "bona fide" whatever to prove. Ours is a big age difference so I want whomever to see upfront us together. We look natural and normal. (Sorry off topic)

1.How did you assemble your pictures?

One per page, two?

2.Did you just print on regular paper or photo paper or like go to photoshop or use online photo service like snapfish?

3. Did you just put short description under, beside each picture?

I guess my thing is picture quality. I mean this whole packet goes to embassy right? So wpuldn't it be prudent to let them see our loveing faces ahead of time? I find it hard to believe after reviewing your packets an opinion isn't already made. And without pictures upfront they are left to their imagination whaqt they think a 53 year old women looks like with her 32 year old husband.

Well just thinking out loud. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I had a few I printed out on my printer.

They only asked for one.

Mind you it looks like you have much bigger issues.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

For our K-1, we printed digital pictures on photo paper in 3x5" format and taped 2-3 to cardstock paper. We wrote the date/location under each picture and sent maybe 20 (7-8 pages total) from a period of 2-3 years. No problems.

We made a picture book on picaboo.com and kind of told a story.I started with our engagement pictures and then each of the trips I took. Make sure to label all of them and include as many pictures with other family members & friends.

This is a good question I think.

Here is what were are about to do (filing very soon)

1. I already have all the pictures developed from a local photo place onto normal 4x6 prints

2. Each picture has the timestamp from the camera on the bottom right corner of the print (timestamp is part of the photo). The timestamps are all accurate in in UTC

3. On the back of each photo we were just going to write a quick description about what the photo is about

4. We were then going to take all the photos, put them back in the envelope they came in from the Fujifilm store that printed them and staple that envelope to a piece of paper which will get included in the packet.

5. We have about 150 photos (actually split into 4 envelopes to make the packet not so fat)

This is what we are "planning" on doing. Is this helpful and does anyone else think this is an appropriate solution?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

2.Did you just print on regular paper or photo paper or like go to photoshop or use online photo service like snapfish?

3. Did you just put short description under, beside each picture?

I printed on regular paper, 4 to a page, I placed a number next to each picture. Above the pictures, I placed the number and then described who was in the picture and where it was taken. I had inserted a time and date stamp into each picture.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

It's probably a regional thing but your age difference if you were in Indonesia is not that bad.

My wife and I are only 4 years apart but if I had a nickel for every Grandpop I see here married and with kids to a girl who may be 21 if we are lucky, well than I'd have a lot of nickels.

Timeline

@Furble- LOL. As much as I have got a lot of negative feedback of large age difference in the end the Visa got approved.

Thanks for all the great tips. I will be using snapfish. Hey they are having a free print special.

I pray all our love stories have that great happy ending. Man why must love be so hard.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

I do not recall ever submitting a single picture. Including at the interview(s) and certainly not with either I130 package or I129F package.

Too many people on this site are advising to send in too much unnecessary ####### that is not required.

For your case here are my two cents:

1. Get the name change on the 3rd or 4th passport page (can be done at the immigration office in Jakarta - they handwrite it/stamp it then the embassy issues the visa and green card in her married name). 2. Get her on your medical insurance - they will allow you to add your spouse without SS number for a short time. 3. Get her as beneficiary on your life insurance. 4. Get her a bankcard access to your account (or set up a second account for her to use and send her a card with PIN number) and keep up with the use of it.

This is all you can do from the US.

Send THAT in rather than pictures and your case will be a hell of a lot stronger.

Good luck either way!

This is a good question I think.

Here is what were are about to do (filing very soon)

1. I already have all the pictures developed from a local photo place onto normal 4x6 prints

2. Each picture has the timestamp from the camera on the bottom right corner of the print (timestamp is part of the photo). The timestamps are all accurate in in UTC

3. On the back of each photo we were just going to write a quick description about what the photo is about

4. We were then going to take all the photos, put them back in the envelope they came in from the Fujifilm store that printed them and staple that envelope to a piece of paper which will get included in the packet.

5. We have about 150 photos (actually split into 4 envelopes to make the packet not so fat)

This is what we are "planning" on doing. Is this helpful and does anyone else think this is an appropriate solution?

i don't get it.

I do not recall ever submitting a single picture. Including at the interview(s) and certainly not with either I130 package or I129F package.

Too many people on this site are advising to send in too much unnecessary ####### that is not required.

For your case here are my two cents:

1. Get the name change on the 3rd or 4th passport page (can be done at the immigration office in Jakarta - they handwrite it/stamp it then the embassy issues the visa and green card in her married name). 2. Get her on your medical insurance - they will allow you to add your spouse without SS number for a short time. 3. Get her as beneficiary on your life insurance. 4. Get her a bankcard access to your account (or set up a second account for her to use and send her a card with PIN number) and keep up with the use of it.

This is all you can do from the US.

Send THAT in rather than pictures and your case will be a hell of a lot stronger.

Good luck either way!

Thanks for the advice, but no way are we changing the passport. We already asked with the Embasssy and would then later have to change KK, KTP, and AKTA to all match. That is like years worth of tasks and traveling to RTs, RW, and Lurahs and countless up-to-them fees.

Don't have health insurance, for what? Doesn't work in Bali and a Dr. Visit at a good Dr is like $1 here.

Don't have life insurance. Not a big believer in that until you own a nice big home for your family to live in. Otherwise you just make it harder to get that home.

Her name is on my Car Insurance in the US.

I have multiple bank accounts. I'll see if any can add her but I'm guessing they will want me to come in and sign something that's a long flight just for some BS.

I am starting to realize there is no perfect solution an there never will be. Just fill everything out, be honest and roll with it.

Timeline

@himher- thanks for the list. Already have new passport and name change. Did that while in Nigeria. Added him to bank account but they don't list it online waiting for a letter from them stating they changed my name and added my husband to make it a joint account.

Haven't done life or health insurance. Been unemployed quite a while just will be starting back after first of the years.

@Furble- u are so right. Depending on what embassy. Cultural norms and traditions some of us have to do so much or some very little.

I personally believe it has more to do with what sex is the US citizen. If I was the husband filing showing many Western Union transfer would be a man taking care and supporting his wife. The other way around looks like scam, fraud, the citizen is being bought or played.

Yes the age difference is an eyeopener no matter where only because I am the woman and older.

But I have my 25 pieces of evidence. And all valid pieces to show co-mingling and the business we established together before marriage and especially showing my 6 month stay in my husbands Nigeria. I was there 6 weeks before we got married. I only wanted tpo present some pictures so they can get a visual of us.

In my opinion I believe once the packet is sent to CO at embassy they made up their minds no box of pictures or love letters at this point will sway them. They already know we are coming loaded down at the interview. So just want them to put a face to those names and not make snap judgement on age you know.

Thank you 6urble and himher. Thos will be interesting. I will keep all posted. Here's to a swift fast process.

ROC I-751

N-400

HUH? Not so. Embassy told you wrong dude. Told us the same thing - but - this is how it is done:

we did the passport name change at south jakerta immigration office - on third page they wrote "true name of bearer" with my wife's new name (just added my last name to hers) and an indonesian immigration stamp. You just have to bring the marriage cert or marriage book to the immigration office to get it done.

Cost: $10 (well a hundred thou at the time)

I had already filed the I130/etc with her married name.

The US visa then the EAD card then the SS card then the green card were subsequently issued in the updated name on the passport

We re-filed this year with the old birth certificate, new passport in married name, etc, and got a nice new IR1 visa. From a different embassy.

My wife's KK / KTP / AKTA still have her old name LOL. Why would we want to change her birth certificate or family card just because we got married? She's not hiding.....LOL

I didnt add her to my bank account - I sent her a bank card to use it.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice, but no way are we changing the passport. We already asked with the Embasssy and would then later have to change KK, KTP, and AKTA to all match. That is like years worth of tasks and traveling to RTs, RW, and Lurahs and countless up-to-them fees.

Don't have health insurance, for what? Doesn't work in Bali and a Dr. Visit at a good Dr is like $1 here.

Don't have life insurance. Not a big believer in that until you own a nice big home for your family to live in. Otherwise you just make it harder to get that home.

Her name is on my Car Insurance in the US.

I have multiple bank accounts. I'll see if any can add her but I'm guessing they will want me to come in and sign something that's a long flight just for some BS.

I am starting to realize there is no perfect solution an there never will be. Just fill everything out, be honest and roll with it.

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.