Satisfaction

What behavior do you dislike the most in Americans?

What behavior do you dislike the most?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. A list concocted with acquaintances/friends

• selfishness
    • rudeness
    • laziness
    • prejudice
    • superficiality
    • ignorance
    • arrogance
    • hypocrisy
    • irresponsability
    • immaturity
    • "materialisticism" (not sure if that word exist?)
    • inepty

41 posts in this topic

I hope this works

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's "ineptitude" and "materialism"... (being a smart-a##, can't help myself) ;)

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Can I come up with another one for your list .... FAKENESS!!!!!!!!!! Whether its the pretend 'im your best friend, have a nice day' attitude to all the fake tits and lips and god knows what else!

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

As an American myself, I feel I can answer this one. ;-)

Definitely ignorance....if there is one thing I could change about my countrymen, this would be it!

I also believe that if a person is cured of their ignorance, than most of the other behaviors listed would be quick to dissapear as well!

Alana-USC in UK + Alex-UK Spouse

I-130 NOA1 CSC March 14th 2005

Petition Approved and at NVC late June 2005

DS-230 in system Sept. 15th, 2005, Case completed Dec. 1st after RFE.

Case sent to London Dec. 7th

Alana moves back to the the US Jan. 10th

Medical booked Jan. 19th at Knightsbridge

Interview Feb. 9th- APPROVED!

Feb. 16th 2006: Reunited and it feels so gooooood

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ignorance and arrogance. Same as in my home country. I guess, that's the reason I've always felt at home here :lol:

Well, if I gotta vote, I'll go with arrogance. It annoys me a lot more than anything else.

08/24/2005 - Arrived in the U.S. as an F-1 student.

01/25/2006 - Married my LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***AOS***

08/29/2006 - Medical

09/13/2006 - Package sent to Chicago

09/15/2006 - Package received in Chicago

09/23/2006 - Checks cashed

09/25/2006 - NOA for I-130, AOS and EAD

09/26/2006 - All forms touched

10/05/2006 - I-130 and EAD touched

10/10/2006 - I-130 and EAD touched again

10/10/2006 - RFE for AOS (email). Grrr...

10/11/2006 - RFE received. It's for I-864...

.png

Can I come up with another one for your list .... FAKENESS!!!!!!!!!! Whether its the pretend 'im your best friend, have a nice day' attitude to all the fake tits and lips and god knows what else!

Ooo that's a good one! I have to say it was hard to pick just one. I voted for hypocrisy although arrogance, ignorance, superficiality etc. are just as annoying.

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My husband always says what he dislikes the most in Americans is they will "promise you the world and then not deliver". He thinks it is an American trait to say you'll do something and not follow through. I have to say, I agree with him. :(

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm the USC in my relationship and I must say this was a hard vote. I love being American and living in America, yet the average american makes me INSANE. There were so many of these traits I could have selected.

I hate how we are so nationalistic. I selected arrogance, only because I think that so many Americans have this, "We're the best country ever..." mentality. People who don't even feel the need to travel and explore other cultures because "We're the best!"

SOOOO Stupid.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Well, if I gotta vote, I'll go with arrogance. It annoys me a lot more than anything else.

Yes, arrogance is annoying.

And I think we can see such an arrogance in a poll with nothing but bad traits to generalize Americans. Am I wrong? After all, I believe all nations, groups, races, creeds, etc, all have both good and bad people... good and bad traits. This may be quite prejudicious a poll to begin with... but I assume it is either in jest or in spite of Americans in general.

To each their own arrogance. :D

Maybe I am wrong. ;)

:ot: not to rain on the parade here ... but why couldn't you have made this a general 'person' poll?

the overwhelming majority of people that belong to this site are americans or spouses/fiance(e)s of an american looking to COME to america!

this personality traits could fit any person from any race from any country ... they're human qualities. i just don't think it's necessary to single out one ethnicity and slag them off.

:ot2:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Yes, arrogance is annoying.

And I think we can see such an arrogance in a poll with nothing but bad traits to generalize Americans. Am I wrong? After all, I believe all nations, groups, races, creeds, etc, all have both good and bad people... good and bad traits. This may be quite prejudicious a poll to begin with... but I assume it is either in jest or in spite of Americans in general.

To each their own arrogance. :D

Maybe I am wrong. ;)

:ot: not to rain on the parade here ... but why couldn't you have made this a general 'person' poll?

the overwhelming majority of people that belong to this site are americans or spouses/fiance(e)s of an american looking to COME to america!

this personality traits could fit any person from any race from any country ... they're human qualities. i just don't think it's necessary to single out one ethnicity and slag them off.

:ot2:

I have to agree I'm afraid.... :unsure:

I'm the USC in my relationship and I must say this was a hard vote. I love being American and living in America, yet the average american makes me INSANE. There were so many of these traits I could have selected.

I hate how we are so nationalistic. I selected arrogance, only because I think that so many Americans have this, "We're the best country ever..." mentality. People who don't even feel the need to travel and explore other cultures because "We're the best!"

SOOOO Stupid.

Yup I'm with Karo on this one..that and 'we're the best at everything so I'm not even LISTENING to what you think'

Drives me nuts, lol

(maybe the one for the UKers is 'overly defensive'?? :lol:)

As for those who said 'why americans' well - thats the place we ALL have in common - and yes of course it could apply to ANY country but we're not all going anywhere else, lol

In spite of the arrogance (and they DO overdo it) its still full of kind, pleasant people who would give you the coat off their back - I have always found Americans in general to be unfailingly generous.:)

Edited by Jaylen Brit

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

To reply to a few posts, and I'm sorry if this poll upset you. I don't think criticism is a bad thing. In my next poll, I will give the qualities.

NB: these choices do not necessarily reflect my view. I have interviewed 51 immigrants of different origins, age, gender and ethnicity. At least 6o % of these immigrants have lived in the US for the past 10 years. This is a list of choices I have compiled from their answers.

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

everest-summit.jpg

Husband arrives ni USA!

horserun.gif

well I wasn't upset, it just didn't lay comfortable with me....as these are personality traits....but hey, it's your right to poll what you like :lol:

Welshcookie,

I wasn't responding to you, sorry about the confusion! I was responding to other posts I have seen. I thought it was interesting to see how people perceive us. Personally, I don't get offended by critics. It is good to know what other people think of us, isn't it? The way people perceive us is usually very different from the way we perceive ourselves. Every society has its standards of what is acceptable. In other cultures, certain types of behavior accepted here are considered "rude". For instance, I wouldn't have chose "hypocrisy" because I think that, as a general rule, Americans are characterized for being straightforward. I would think it is a quality rather than a negative trait, although some people perceive it as the opposite, a sign of rudeness. I wouldn't have chosen "inepty" either. But hey, I put what people have told me.

everest-summit.jpg

Husband arrives ni USA!