w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Norwegian school requires boys to sit on toilet seats when urinating - standing up and peeing is now banned!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yet another reason to enjoy living in the freedom loving US of A. Only those European liberal-types would come up with rules this silly. :devil:

Joel

Really!? My school never tried anything like that. I might add though that the students vandalised the bathrooms on a regular basis...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yet another reason to enjoy living in the freedom loving US of A. Only those European liberal-types would come up with rules this silly. :devil:

Joel

Really!? My school never tried anything like that. I might add though that the students vandalised the bathrooms on a regular basis...

in europe, isn't that called a class project? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Still… and no-one has pointed this out yet. But isn't urine sterile...?

urine is sterile within your body, meaning no bacteria should be in it... but it is a waste product, carrying out things filtered from the body... it can also pick up bacteria and such after it leaves the bladder and passes thru the urethra...

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline

Joel

in europe, isn't that called a class project? :P

Kids weren't shy about that whole "cling film over the seat" trick, or cramming a whole roll of paper into the the pipe.

A kid in my class quite infamously unscrewed one of the bathroom taps over the sink - the water was under high pressure as the bathroom was on the second floor and he couldn't put it back. So he left it, and went home. For the weekend. Place was closed for weeks.

I didn't go to the greatest school I might add.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

So what exactly is the problem with sitting down? Does it insult your manliness?

I come from a sit-down family, and don't see a problem at all. It makes cleaning easier because you don't have to wipe off the wall around the toilet and get rid of those nasty urine stains on the toilet.

As to squat-overs, those are a different issue.

Toilet seats are dirty. Who wants to sit when you can stand!

And why are they dirty? Because people (men and - even worse - women) don't sit down. It's a chicken and egg-situation.

I have often pondered why toilet seats in women-only bathrooms have dirty seats. How is this possible? Perhaps they are actually standing up to pee?

If I were a guy, I would fight having to sit down to pee. It REALLY sucks.

As you might have figured out the problem is women squatting over the seat for ungrounded fears of bacteria. It does suck, because it is stupid; if everyone sits down the seat stays clean (or at least as clean as everything else in a bathroom).

I come from a sit-down family, and don't see a problem at all.

so you're from a family of sitzpissers? :lol:

You might say that even though my brothers prefer to be called "sitzpinkler." :lol:

So what exactly is the problem with sitting down? Does it insult your manliness?

I come from a sit-down family, and don't see a problem at all. It makes cleaning easier because you don't have to wipe off the wall around the toilet and get rid of those nasty urine stains on the toilet.

As to squat-overs, those are a different issue.

Toilet seats are dirty. Who wants to sit when you can stand!

And why are they dirty? Because people (men and - even worse - women) don't sit down. It's a chicken and egg-situation.

men should stand up for their rights! :yes:

:lol:

Right on! But then how about: stand up for your rights, sit down to pee! It's not one of the most dangerous intrusions in civil liberties, is it? :lol: :lol:

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Joel

Sorry...I rarely include UK as "Europe" and did not clarify. In my opinion UKers just seem to have more common sense then the rest of Western Europe. And from your other posts they seem to have more 'fun' too. :P

Edited by Joel Halfwassen

Timeline

I'll say this though - go to a public bathroom in a train station in Munich and they are mostly all scrupulously clean, compared to London, LA, and NYC where your shoes slither across floors awash with urine, and you're lucky if you get out of there without a piece of #######-streaked paper stuck to your foot.

Timeline
I'll say this though - go to a public bathroom in a train station in Munich and they are mostly all scrupulously clean, compared to London, LA, and NYC where your shoes slither across floors awash with urine, and you're lucky if you get out of there without a piece of #######-streaked paper stuck to your foot.

i dunno about the train stations, but the autobahn gas stations are quite clean.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I could be even worse. In Ukraine and Russia they make you PAY to pee in a hole dug in the ground. And that IS at a bus stop. Also...at least there WAS toilet paper! :lol:

Timeline

Worst place I ever went to was a truck stop bathroom in the desert between Barstow, CA and Las Vegas. It had a little saloon door, which opened onto a toilet that looked like it had recently come into contact with a bad case of food poisoning. Suffice to say, there was a terrible mess. Made me gag just standing in there (luckily that's all I needed).

Unfortunately while I was in there, I saw a guy's feet appear on the other side of the door - he was waiting for me to finish, which made me paranoid that he'd assume that I was responsible for the mess. So when I came out of there I had to apologise to this huge trucker and explain that it wasn't me whose guts exploded.

Didn't seem to bother him any, he grabbed a filthy mop near the sink, brushed the mess and sat down anyway. That really made my bile rise.

Edited by erekose

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has its advantages, mind you. Like not having to turn the lights on if you have to pee

in the middle of the night :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Has its advantages, mind you. Like not having to turn the lights on if you have to pee

in the middle of the night :P

Good point. Ah, there IS a silver lining to everything. How would I ever find it without you, mawilson? :P

I hear you there. New Yorkers call it 'character'. :unsure:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Good point. Ah, there IS a silver lining to everything. How would I ever find it without you, mawilson? :P

Come November, maybe you won't have to :P

you two get a room :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *