w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Norwegian school requires boys to sit on toilet seats when urinating - standing up and peeing is now banned!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'll say this though - go to a public bathroom in a train station in Munich and they are mostly all scrupulously clean, compared to London, LA, and NYC where your shoes slither across floors awash with urine, and you're lucky if you get out of there without a piece of #######-streaked paper stuck to your foot.

Not surprising. Germans have this thing with being fastidiously clean. When I lived there, it was required that we sweep the sidewalks for pedestrian use. Want to really see what I'm talkin about? just drive across the border into France... like night n day different

Take the channel tunnel train from the UK to France sometime. France is so much tidier than the UK; makes the UK look like a landfill.

Jaques Derrida wrote an essay on this, comparing German, French, and American attitudes to toilets and excrement. He also argued the shelf in German toilets was for the purpose of examination. :lol:

Erica Jong made some similar comparisons in 'Fear of Flying.'

I grew up with a brother and I'm married, so I know all about scrubbing aerosolized pee off bathroom surfaces. MY life would be much easier if my husband would sit down because as good as his aim is, pee will inevitably get everywhere. Happens in every bathroom where men stand up to piss.

'Standing up to pee' is not a human right. Peeing is a human right. I don't think the position matters, and that Norwegian guy is a sexist jerk.

Makes you wonder how they enforce that - do they have camera's in the bathrooms? Do teacher's act as "toilet police" and go from cubicle to cubicle looking over the door? (Can imagine that causing no shortage of uproar).

Still… and no-one has pointed this out yet. But isn't urine sterile...? After all... missing with a #2 is a little bit different - and a lot worse to clean up ;)

If someone has an infection, then no...urine isn't sterile. It's a ###### to clean up, and it stinks. I say make 'em sit.

women should stand up for their rights too! :P

I couldn't aim even if I wanted to, which is why I sit to pee. I wish my husband would do the same.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a squatter. I think it is gross to sit on a public toilet--even WITH toilet paper. I am even one of those that will wait until I get home to do #2 because I don't want to sit. I have learned to squat and have very good aim. :yes: My husband is a sitter when he is tired and stands when he is in a hurry. :star:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

I'm a squatter. I think it is gross to sit on a public toilet--even WITH toilet paper. I am even one of those that will wait until I get home to do #2 because I don't want to sit. I have learned to squat and have very good aim. :yes: My husband is a sitter when he is tired and stands when he is in a hurry. :star:

Not me...I inspect a public toilet seat before sitting on it but only because I don't want my ### to get wet. If the seat's wet I just wipe it off and sit down. I don't put reams of toilet paper on the seat before I do so either. I've never been sick because of it. :D

Not judging, just sharing. (L)

Not me...I inspect a public toilet seat before sitting on it but only because I don't want my ### to get wet. If the seat's wet I just wipe it off and sit down. I don't put reams of toilet paper on the seat before I do so either. I've never been sick because of it. :D

I can't do it. I picture all these asses on the seat and I can't bring myself to sit. It is hard to squat in an airplane-with all the turbulance :lol:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I can't do it. I picture all these asses on the seat and I can't bring myself to sit. It is hard to squat in an airplane-with all the turbulance :lol:

I used to squat until I though about it and realized that it was as unhygenic because of the back-splattering. Since then, I wipe off the toilet seat, ideally with disinfectant if provided. If I carried a purse, I'd probably even bring my own disinfectant.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Well, don't think about it. I know, I know...easier said than done. :D

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Perhaps women should carry around a plastic seat cover, or why not their very own replacement seat? ;)

LOL...what do you think my purse is, a Tardis?

I'm sure they make em collapsible these days. I know - how about inflatable? ;)

Perhaps women should carry around a plastic seat cover, or why not their very own replacement seat? ;)

HAHAHA....if I were sufficiently motivated I suppose I could carry something, but I'm not a germophobe. :lol:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HAHAHA....if I were sufficiently motivated I suppose I could carry something, but I'm not a germophobe. :lol:

I can't see many women wanting to put their lips to an inflatable seat cover ;)

My sister-in-law probably would, she actually carries that antibacterial hand gel around with her. It's not at all insulting to have her squirt that ####### on her hands right after she's shaken my hand. Not insulting at all. Y'know, since I never wash my own hands. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My sister-in-law probably would, she actually carries that antibacterial hand gel around with her. It's not at all insulting to have her squirt that ####### on her hands right after she's shaken my hand. Not insulting at all. Y'know, since I never wash my own hands. :lol:

you should mess with her - get some green food dye, put it on your hands, tell her that don't stop gangrene :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Put some ganGREEN on the toilet seat and see what happens. :lol:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .