edwardteresa4ever

Will Pregnancy affect K1

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are almost 6 months into the K1, and should be receiving our NOA2 soon, we are wondering what if my fiance became pregnant, would this hinder the Processing of the NOA2, chances are better than good she would only be a few months by the time she arrived here, she is not pregnant now but we wonder about this since we do plan to have children in the very near future.

If she's not pregnant now I would suggest you hold off until she's actually in the states, that way just in case you get an rfe she won't be stuck having a baby without you, you just never know what could happen. Best laid plans and all that. It won't really speed up your case but as far as hurting it, the only hurt would be if something should happen to delay the process and she ended up having the baby there you would have to file a seperate case for the baby at that point. There might be other country specific things I'm not aware of, but basically it'd be better to wait til she's here imo :) My dad always told me if its worth doing its also worth waiting for.

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Why make things more difficult then they are? You still have quite a bit to go yet. You cannot wait until she is here and married? What is the rush? It's..hopefully..only a few more months.

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I concur with Enigma11561. Don't rush if possible. Also, if you don't know already, pregnancies do not qualify for visa expedition (although there are several rare cases where expedites were approved for this). Just thought I'd bring that up. :)

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We are almost 6 months into the K1, and should be receiving our NOA2 soon, we are wondering what if my fiance became pregnant, would this hinder the Processing of the NOA2, chances are better than good she would only be a few months by the time she arrived here, she is not pregnant now but we wonder about this since we do plan to have children in the very near future.

Pregnancy has zero affect on the K-1 process or the granting of a visa.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Getting pregnant before you get the Visa is a very bad idea :bonk: . You don't know what delays you will experience. It takes two people to raise a child and you need to support her. Don't risk it because others have been left in limbo.

Timeline

It won't be a factor if your application will be approved or not, it's just the hassle that it may bring (like being advised not to fly, sensitive pregnancies etc) and additional paperwork and expensesS if the baby was born before the beneficiary leaves for US.

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Timeline

It won't be a factor if your application will be approved or not, it's just the hassle that it may bring (like being advised not to fly, sensitive pregnancies etc) and additional paperwork and expensesS if the baby was born before the beneficiary leaves for US.

Thank You, all good replies, just covering all the " what if's ". Things happen even when precaution is taken, and given we are already on month six in the K1 Process, I cant see it going another 9 months ( God I hope not ). But we just want to be covered thats all. Thank You Guys.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The potential issues involve delay, particularly if the visa is not issued prior to the birth. They may require a DNA test as a part of the process of obtaining a US passport for the child. Even if she is early in the pregnancy, the Consulate may delay the visa to investigate whether conception occurred during a time you were present in the Philippines. I would advise against intentionally setting up such a possibility.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.