40 posts in this topic

Hi

Today I went to the second interview,,,,,, a new CO wanted to restart from the biggining, and she grilled me by the questions... Finally she informed me that I am denied and gave me a paper that explains why :

Ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) :

- Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case :

( Please note that your case is being forwarded to NVC for further processing. The petitioner will be contacted to complete the process.

-Section 212(a)(4) : which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone likely to become a public charge.

- Further consideration will be given to your visa application after you obtain and present the documents listed above and/or the following: *

( please note you are welcome to submit additional information for Consular Officer's review for reconsideration of 212(a)(4) above.

What does all that mean?

What should I do in this case ?

They denied it because my fiancee is not working and she has no income ,,, but why we asked to file an affidavit of support?

For what it is going to be used this affidavit ?

I am lost and frustrated and can not believe what happened.

aside from the forms you submitted or failed to submit, it's also all the information you provided or how you asked the quuestions that made the CO decide to give you 221g. any that you would like to share?

also, you said your fiancee will go back to work after surgery. did she work before? did you submit her latest income tax return? or how long has she had not work?

the basis of the 221g is not being able to, in simple terms, prove that she will be able to support you once you're in the US. did you submit proof that your sister-in-law owns the medical center (because to the CO, it's unbelievable that the sister is rich and your fiancee doesn't have income).

if your fiancee has work for a short period of time, then it's acceptable but if she has not worked ever for instance, then that's a different story.

bottom line is your (and even you, with any assets you have)has to show ALL proofs you can possibly get to show that you will not later on be a financial burden to the US (because your fiancee is looking like one already).

do and redo the two forms 1364 and ready an i864 and.

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The consulate is not required to consider a sponsor other than the petitioner for a K1 visa. Even if they consider it, they have to be convinced that the cosponsor would actually provide support if it was needed. One way to take the discretion out of the hands of the consulate is to get married and be petitioned as spouse. For the spousal petition, the law specifies who can be a sponsor/joint sponsor and specifies specific income requirements and is not at the discretion of the consulate. In fact, the matter of support is settled even before the petition leaves the U.S. For the CR1/IR1 visa, the consulate has no role in considering validity/viability of sponsorship.

I would like more info on this.....As I am the beneficiary and my wife is the USC filing on my behalf...

We are IR1 and at NAO2 right now.

So is what you are saying is that the NVC will review the AOS and make that decision prior to interview when it is on an IR1??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It doesn't really make sense to me that they would deny for the reason that you could become a public charge if the co-sponsor has that high of an income, unless either they don't accept co-sponsors in SA, or your wife hasn't worked in a long time. But I think I read in one of your comments that she will "go back" to work after her surgery. So I'm confused on that. I would try calling and emailing to get more information so you know what you need to do.

If it is going to get sent back to NVC then my suggestion is that you get married and file for the IR1/CR1. Good luck to you;)

Hi

Today I went to the second interview,,,,,, a new CO wanted to restart from the biggining, and she grilled me by the questions... Finally she informed me that I am denied and gave me a paper that explains why :

- Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case :

( Please note that your case is being forwarded to NVC for further processing. The petitioner will be contacted to complete the process.

-Section 212(a)(4) : which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone likely to become a public charge.

- Further consideration will be given to your visa application after you obtain and present the documents listed above and/or the following: *

( please note you are welcome to submit additional information for Consular Officer's review for reconsideration of 212(a)(4) above.

What does all that mean?

They denied it because my fiancee is not working and she has no income ,,, but why we asked to file an affidavit of support?

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

aside from the forms you submitted or failed to submit, it's also all the information you provided or how you asked the quuestions that made the CO decide to give you 221g. any that you would like to share?

also, you said your fiancee will go back to work after surgery. did she work before? did you submit her latest income tax return? or how long has she had not work?

the basis of the 221g is not being able to, in simple terms, prove that she will be able to support you once you're in the US. did you submit proof that your sister-in-law owns the medical center (because to the CO, it's unbelievable that the sister is rich and your fiancee doesn't have income).

if your fiancee has work for a short period of time, then it's acceptable but if she has not worked ever for instance, then that's a different story.

bottom line is your (and even you, with any assets you have)has to show ALL proofs you can possibly get to show that you will not later on be a financial burden to the US (because your fiancee is looking like one already).

do and redo the two forms 1364 and ready an i864 and.

My Fiancee did not work for long time, exactly since 2006 > And Yes, we provided papers that show that my fiancee sister owns and has a medical center and she is now establishing also a new center for substance abuse treatment.

Timeline

ill go out on an extreme here.. i think cuz ur a guy going to a female who doesnt work affects u.. and u caught a moody CO..

now, apart from submittin da co-sponsors I-134 form did u any other documents to show she really is a doctor and makes all that income.. maybe her doctor license, employer letter.. remember u said dat u tried another sister outta of state before, so dey mite not be believing this is another sister dat makes that much and why wldnt u hv started wit dis sister as a co-sponsor in da first place..

The sister that lives in different State was offering that first, and she said she is going to help, so, we accepted her help first, and her income is also very high.

The Dr. is almost 60 years old, not a new Dr. She presented also all the Tax return of the last 3 Years.. so, everything in clear that she is rich... lol.

Thank you very much , thanks to everyone here..

Timeline

Further consideration will be given to your visa application after you obtain and present the documents listed above and/or the following: *

THEY ARE TELLING YOU FURTHER CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN. To me it looks like you still can do something about it. They didn't tell you what was exactly the problem with your in laws affidavits?

Thank you

But the problem is that they do not tell me what should i do, what do I am short of as document(s)... They just say they forward the case to NVC and the petitioner is going to be contacted,

so, what can i do ? Is it acceptable I send a message to the Embassy here and ask them to kindly explain me again why i am denied and what i need to fix it? Or writing to the embassy is a silly idea cuz they wont replay ?

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi

What does all that mean?

Sorry if i missed this, but did you submit supporting documents, such as w2 forms for past 3 years for your co-sponsor, paystubs and/or letter of employment ?

did u also provide an AOS thou you are not working currently, i believe this is still needed. I'm really sorry about the agony that you're going thru with this process being that it has been so long already :/

this really has me personally scared, because ill be in the same boat...where im submitting my best friends information for AOS with an I-134...

All the best, be in contact with the consulate and find out what can be further done.

best,

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Timeline

Sorry if i missed this, but did you submit supporting documents, such as w2 forms for past 3 years for your co-sponsor, paystubs and/or letter of employment ?

did u also provide an AOS thou you are not working currently, i believe this is still needed. I'm really sorry about the agony that you're going thru with this process being that it has been so long already :/

this really has me personally scared, because ill be in the same boat...where im submitting my best friends information for AOS with an I-134...

All the best, be in contact with the consulate and find out what can be further done.

best,

Ro

Thank you very much. And, Yes, we provided the documents that show the last 3 years of the tax return of the co-sponsor.

I would do my best to know what I can do more to get my application again on the normal way. Thank you very much god bless you.

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thank you very much. And, Yes, we provided the documents that show the last 3 years of the tax return of the co-sponsor.

I would do my best to know what I can do more to get my application again on the normal way. Thank you very much god bless you.

u did all the little things i mentioned? letters etc? everything? gheeseee thats the craziest thing. pls do cotnact the consulate by mail or phone something. callthe nvc and uscis get ur congressional office involved and email the center...

:((

God bless you toooo!!! everything will work out for its own time......say confident. :innocent: u kno that God doesnt do anything do anything b4 it is time. same as i have to and has been understanding about my process and it taking sooo long....

Warm regards

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not all Consulates accept a co sponsor for K1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.