40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hi

Today I went to the second interview,,,,,, a new CO wanted to restart from the biggining, and she grilled me by the questions... Finally she informed me that I am denied and gave me a paper that explains why :

Ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) :

- Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case :

( Please note that your case is being forwarded to NVC for further processing. The petitioner will be contacted to complete the process.

-Section 212(a)(4) : which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone likely to become a public charge.

- Further consideration will be given to your visa application after you obtain and present the documents listed above and/or the following: *

( please note you are welcome to submit additional information for Consular Officer's review for reconsideration of 212(a)(4) above.

What does all that mean?

What should I do in this case ?

They denied it because my fiancee is not working and she has no income ,,, but why we asked to file an affidavit of support?

For what it is going to be used this affidavit ?

I am lost and frustrated and can not believe what happened.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I'm sorry,but right now she does'not working? She not has job?

I hope u get answer soon about :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

If your fiancee is not working and has no income, why are you surprised with the denial ? Did you submit an affidavit of support ? Were you aware it is a key part of the petition ?

Without a sponsor with adequate income a denial is inevitable and should not be a surprise.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

They will not approve you if they believe that you will become a burden of the government. If they believe that you'll seek economic support from the government you'll be denied. Does she have family members that can file an affidavit for you? Anyone else that is willing to say they'll support you once you get here?

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

If your fiancee is not working and has no income, why are you surprised with the denial ? Did you submit an affidavit of support ? Were you aware it is a key part of the petition ?

yes, WE FILLED AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT MADE BY HER SISTER WHO OWNS A MEDICAL CENTER AND SHE IS A DR. AND HER INCOME IS HIGHER THAN $ 150,000 ANNUALLY.

My fiancee is waiting for her surgery, she will do it in the next Feb. after that she will go back to work.

The questions, are we able to fix this ? Are we able to do anything , specially that the Embassy said we can send them the further documents.

Timeline

Without a sponsor with adequate income a denial is inevitable and should not be a surprise.

It was a good one, the affidavit of support we provided. (150.000 US dollars annually)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

yes, WE FILLED AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT MADE BY HER SISTER WHO OWNS A MEDICAL CENTER AND SHE IS A DR. AND HER INCOME IS HIGHER THAN $ 150,000 ANNUALLY.

My fiancee is waiting for her surgery, she will do it in the next Feb. after that she will go back to work.

The questions, are we able to fix this ? Are we able to do anything , specially that the Embassy said we can send them the further documents.

Maybe it is because the I-134 is not legally enforceable? Is your fiancee's sister a USC? Maybe (and I'm not certain of this) the consulate can/will accept an I-864 in its place since that IS legally enforceable (but I believe the sponsor must be a USC in this case).

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

They will not approve you if they believe that you will become a burden of the government. If they believe that you'll seek economic support from the government you'll be denied. Does she have family members that can file an affidavit for you? Anyone else that is willing to say they'll support you once you get here?

2 sisters of my fiancee filled an affidavit of support, both of them have strong and high income... they refused the first affidavit because that sister lives in different State, and they asked us to bring an affidavit of support from her family in Michigan , not in different state, then he sister ( the Dr.)who has a medical center, and who has high income, so, it is enough I think.

Timeline

Maybe it is because the I-134 is not legally enforceable? Is your fiancee's sister a USC? Maybe (and I'm not certain of this) the consulate can/will accept an I-864 in its place since that IS legally enforceable (but I believe the sponsor must be a USC in this case).

They are all USA citizens....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They are all USA citizens....

Then, the only reason I can think that they won't accept it (if they are telling you the real reason) is that they are afraid that they won't be able to hold the sponsors to it. That's why I suggested the I-864 in its place because that can be enforced.

Hope you get some answers.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

I just do not know how much time will it take now to forward the case back to NVC ? Are we going to be able to continue the same case? Or we maybe need to file a new petition ?

Please the sisters and brothers who like to help , please read well what I wrote first, I exactly put what is on the paper they gave it to me today at the end of the interview.

Timeline

Then, the only reason I can think that they won't accept it (if they are telling you the real reason) is that they are afraid that they won't be able to hold the sponsors to it. That's why I suggested the I-864 in its place because that can be enforced.

The affidavit of support presented by he sister the Dr. was I-864 .

It is not clear that the I-864 would be enforceable where it was executed for the issuance of a non-immigrant visa. It is clearly not intended or appropriate to execute such an agreement as a prerequisite to obtaining a visa that only authorizes a 90 day stay. In fact, guidelines in the adjudicators field manual dictate that it not be used for non-immigrant visas.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.