16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My husband's AOS interview was today and he was approved. It was very quick and easy. Upon entrance to our local office the security guard took our letter stating our appointment was today and asked if we had any documentation with us, and if so he would take it and give it to our interviewer to look at prior to calling us in. We gave the folder to him and then sat in the waiting room for about 10 minutes. A very friendly woman came and got us and swore us in, then asked the standard questions to my husband (is he a terrorist, is he affiliated with any political party, etc). She then stated that she could see that we have done everything "by the book" and that she was approving us. She then typed a few things into the computer and then said he should receive his green card by the end of this week or the beginning of next. She also took his EAD card and said he wouldn't be needing it anymore since he'd be getting his green card right away. That was it. She spent more time talking to us about our baby then anything else. We were so relieved when we left- after over a year of dealing with immigration stuff, I *almost* felt ripped off in not having a harder time with the interview. :lol: When I left I looked in our folder and it appeared to me that she had never even glanced at it- everything was straight and exactly the way I had put it all in- none of the copies were taken either. So we're done now for 2 years!

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

My husband's AOS interview was today and he was approved. It was very quick and easy. Upon entrance to our local office the security guard took our letter stating our appointment was today and asked if we had any documentation with us, and if so he would take it and give it to our interviewer to look at prior to calling us in. We gave the folder to him and then sat in the waiting room for about 10 minutes. A very friendly woman came and got us and swore us in, then asked the standard questions to my husband (is he a terrorist, is he affiliated with any political party, etc). She then stated that she could see that we have done everything "by the book" and that she was approving us. She then typed a few things into the computer and then said he should receive his green card by the end of this week or the beginning of next. She also took his EAD card and said he wouldn't be needing it anymore since he'd be getting his green card right away. That was it. She spent more time talking to us about our baby then anything else. We were so relieved when we left- after over a year of dealing with immigration stuff, I *almost* felt ripped off in not having a harder time with the interview. :lol: When I left I looked in our folder and it appeared to me that she had never even glanced at it- everything was straight and exactly the way I had put it all in- none of the copies were taken either. So we're done now for 2 years!

:dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance:

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations!

Hope you have a blessed future!

By the way, for everybody else's information, would it be possible for you to list what all you brought along with your interview and what you thought the officer was referring to when she mentioned you had done everything "by the book". Would be a great help for everyone's benefit.

10-19-2006 Sent I-129

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Congratulations!

By the way, for everybody else's information, would it be possible for you to list what all you brought along with your interview and what you thought the officer was referring to when she mentioned you had done everything "by the book". Would be a great help for everyone's benefit.

10-19-2006 Sent I-129

Congrats :dance::dance:

Ally

27/9/05 R.I.P. My sweet Dad

Timeline in profile

AOS K-1

11/03/06 Finally recieved Green Card

AOS K-2's, daughter & Son

06/05/06 mailed AOS froms to chicago

4/09/07 ...Greencards approved for both children...finally

Removal of conditions for me

09/02/08 USCIS recieves package

09/10/08 NOA1

10/01/08 Biometrics in WV

:dance: Congratulations!

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
:dance: Congratulations wonderful news :thumbs:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Congratulations :dance:(F)

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Congratulations!

We brought a huge folder with:

- copy of original I- 864 plus copy of REF I- 864

- Original and copy of my birth certificate and my husband's birth certificate

- Original and copy of Marriage License

- Original and copy of divorce decrees

- Original and copy of notice from Nuffeld (London) of medical (in case there was any issue with him having had a medical)

- two copies of immunization form from Nuffeld as well as RAF immunization booklet

- Entire K- 3 packet as well as originals of every document ever mailed to us from USCIS (probably overkill here)

- EAD card

- Social Security cards for husband, me, my daughter, and our new baby

- Bank statement with both our names on it from our accounts in the US, UK, and France

- Health insurance

- Car insurance

- some documents showing our life in the UK together such as rental agreement, National Trust membership, phone bill (just to show we've been a couple living together both in the UK and here)

- wedding documentation: letter from Edinburgh Registry office, hotel receipts, etc

- wedding photos as well as 10 photos representing us from beginning of relationship to present

- a selection of cards from one another over the years as well as cards from family for wedding, anniversary, baby, etc

- paperwork from UK spouse visa, UK spouse visa payment receipt

I know I brought way too much, but I figured I"d bombard them with anything I could think of and hopefully I wouldn't have forgotten anything- everything was photo copied so they could keep what they wanted- in the end they took NOTHING at all. She probably meant we went "by the book" because we did it all correctly in the order things are "supposed" to be done and didn't try to get away with anything. I think we were really fortunate as I know lots of people on here go by the book and st ill have a lot of hassle and wait a long time. Though from start to finish it took us 13 months, I realize we actually went through the process very quickly. I'm grateful for all the help I've received on this forum and am happy to offer any sort of advice to anyone who needs it in regards to the K-3, EAD, or AOS process.

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.