Eesaan

So what happens to couples who don't get the visa???

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My views are reality,and I don't believe you lived in morocco because if you did ,you wouldn't of made such a stupid comparison between poverty and joblessness of America to the poverty and joblessness of morocco. It's like night and day.... Daaaaaaw!!!!!!

It's moroccans who find clueless Americans like you and then dump them.

one more insult and you'll find your participation in this thread has vanished. this is your only warning.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That goes both ways... :ot2:

Um, you assuming that someone has never lived somewhere and that her husband is using her was uncalled for because you don't know a damned thing about her. Me saying how rude you are is fact because you wrote such an ignorant comment for all to see. So don't tell me it goes both ways, you're comparing apples to oranges.... Completely different things

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My views are reality,and I don't believe you lived in morocco because if you did ,you wouldn't of made such a stupid comparison between poverty and joblessness of America to the poverty and joblessness of morocco. It's like night and day.... Daaaaaaw!!!!!!

It's moroccans who find clueless Americans like you and then dump them.

I lived in a very poor area of Casablanca called Sbata. Here in America, I live in a very poor, drug infested city with the 3rd highest murder rate in the US. The things I've seen on the streets here in America make Morocco look like a PARADISE. The grass isn't always greener. As for my husband using me, I doubt that, but your own stereotype demonstrates why it's so "expensive and difficult" for people to immigrate legally.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I lived in a very poor area of Casablanca called Sbata. Here in America, I live in a very poor, drug infested city with the 3rd highest murder rate in the US. The things I've seen on the streets here in America make Morocco look like a PARADISE. The grass isn't always greener. As for my husband using me, I doubt that, but your own stereotype demonstrates why it's so "expensive and difficult" for people to immigrate legally.

Excuse me if I offended you or anyone here so sorry :bonk: Well in regards to sbata I know it well and have been there and surrounding areas of it, that place is horrible, as regards to the poor parts of Morocco which is overwhelming then the nice places, the so called nie places in morocco dont compare to our nice places or nice neighborhoods in America. They built some malls there from whom? because most moroccans cant afford to shop in places like that. Morocco's success and superiority lies in the country's good hospitality and for me it's mosques and the islam unlike the west, in Morocco there isnt much murder and rape and filth,even though it's changing for the worst and some good change

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Excuse me if I offended you or anyone here so sorry :bonk: Well in regards to sbata I know it well and have been there and surrounding areas of it, that place is horrible, as regards to the poor parts of Morocco which is overwhelming then the nice places, the so called nie places in morocco dont compare to our nice places or nice neighborhoods in America. They built some malls there from whom? because most moroccans cant afford to shop in places like that. Morocco's success and superiority lies in the country's good hospitality and for me it's mosques and the islam unlike the west, in Morocco there isnt much murder and rape and filth,even though it's changing for the worst and some good change

It's no problem. I wouldn't be offended, because you don't know me. I agree with you about that mall. As my husband would say, it's built for "rich Fesi people" lol. The nice places in America are very nice, that's true. What sucks about all the nice houses you see is knowing that the people who live in them are in so much debt, they'll never get out and most are one paycheck away from being homeless. It's an entirely different way of thinking in America when compared to Morocco, and most Moroccans who've never been here have no clue how hard it is to live here. I'd rather be poor in Morocco than poor in America. At least Moroccans don't know any better.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well it definitely is a eyebrow raiser in tnnir culture,and society because it wouldnt take place amongst themselves(there could be exceptions)large age differences raise a red flag in the usa consulate, the fiance visa is the most fraudulent visa and most rejected and most scrutinized visa in morocco,so much the usa consulate in morocco has dedicated a web page to the fiance visa predators.

Many times in the usa consulate Ive seen them threaten and eject MALE moroccans who appear and appear for multiple visa interviews(all moroccan men arent bad).

A lot of times in the interviews I hear their is a moroccan translator/employee who inserts his two cents ,acting like a well trained doberman pincher for the usa consulate asking questions that are irrelevant and quite disrespectful.

Age differences are a red flag, agreed, however, my experience shows it happens in Morocco just as anywhere and it is regardless of race. It is interesting that in the US, a man in his 60's can marry a woman in her 20s and it seems acceptable. Reverse the rolls and it is a horrible act. There is an age difference between my husband and I and his mother and father have the same age difference. Age is only a number and it is quite sad that people put such importance into it. Just my two cents worth and I understand this was a general statement, no offense taken or meant.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is an age difference between my husband and I and his mother and father have the same age difference.

That is very unusual with regards to this Consulate, normally the women are much older.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I didn't get the K-1 and were never told why.... We weren't even told we were denied... Just told our case needed further review and then closed because the dates expired.... We have since Married and have now started the CR-1 process...... For me if it were that easy just to pick up and move there I would... But it's not... And I think it is safe to say that is the fact for most americans going through this process..... My husband is suffering from depression now and it breaks my heart to see him this way..... I have not seen a real smile from him since I was in Morocco earlier this year.... He has said he doesn't even care about the visa anymore he just wants me to be with him.... But because of my daughter I can't just pick up and move..... Those who just give up were never sincere...... Or maybe they just can't handle the stresses of this process and the easy way out is to walk away..... As for me I trully love my husband and he loves me so we are in it for the long haul even thou we both are hurting..... While we wait for his next interview I will start the process to gain permission from the courts to take my daughter and figure out all the stuff for for school and such just in case we don't get the visa....

Shayma I read this and it is my story too

denial without reason

have to stay in U.S. becasue of minor

I am sorry for your situation (F)

and

can relate to the Husband standing strong across the world

it is a daily learning but makes us stronger!!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Didn't you learn as a child that "excuse me", or "I'm sorry", or any of those only work when they are "sincere words"? When you keep saying them and then continue on to offend people then those words don't mean anything........especially when you don't have a clue about what you're talking about, making presumptions about people you don't even know.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.